Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #45

Status
Not open for further replies.
This would surprise me as he furnished all the required documentation his employer requested so as to be put on payroll.

Maybe they decided after he was there for awhile to put him on the payroll that is under the table which is why he is showing no income for the past 12 months......lol It happens.

IMO diminished capacity would be more like that case where the guy was "sleepwalking" and killed his wife. I can't remember if they found him guilty or not. I'll try to find it. Anyone remember that?

"The next thing he recalled, he told investigators, was being in his car and finding a headphone earpiece in his lap that did not belong to him. That prompted him to open his trunk, where he saw the woman in workout clothes, bleeding from the head and motionless."-The Boston Globe (August 28, 2018)

What sticks in my mind is WHY would it prompt him to open his trunk, unless the whole "blocking" of his "memory" when he's angry story is simply that... a story. (He knew EVERYTHING he did.)

Anyone else see his facial reaction and hear the tooth-sucking when the Judge asked him if he had anything to say? That whole tooth-suck, eyeroll, "No"?

As for this word "normal" that I've seen tossed around this thread, "normal" is a setting on the dryer.

They definitely had a choice about holding a press conference with the media. LE does not mandate others hold press conferences nor make public statements.

Yes that is correct but if they didn't then everyone would have thought they were hiding something which I firmly believe they knew he was illegal and accepted the documents like all the others. They did that press conference in their best interest,,,JMO.

Yes that is correct but if they didn't then everyone would have thought they were hiding something which I firmly believe they knew he was illegal and accepted the documents like all the others. They did that press conference in their best interest,,,JMO.

I do think the farm felt like they had to make a statement. it was a small town and everyone knew everyone.

Right and that’s the reason the farm didn’t hire CR under the table because then no employment check would’ve been conducted at all.

Don’t you think it’d be pretty dumb for the farm to hold a press conference informing the public of their hiring process involving CR knowing full well LE would’ve subpoenaed employment records but there wouldn’t be any because he was hired under the table? That sure wouldn’t make sense to me.

No because they have to appear that they are doing everything correctly so I do not find it dumb at all, I find it to be pretty smart.
What LE found out after is what I am waiting to hear.

"The next thing he recalled, he told investigators, was being in his car and finding a headphone earpiece in his lap that did not belong to him. That prompted him to open his trunk, where he saw the woman in workout clothes, bleeding from the head and motionless."-The Boston Globe (August 28, 2018)

What sticks in my mind is WHY would it prompt him to open his trunk, unless the whole "blocking" of his "memory" when he's angry story is simply that... a story. (He knew EVERYTHING he did.)

Anyone else see his facial reaction and hear the tooth-sucking when the Judge asked him if he had anything to say? That whole tooth-suck, eyeroll, "No"?

As for this word "normal" that I've seen tossed around this thread, "normal" is a setting on the dryer.

Welcome! I agree, if CR takes the stand in his own defence claiming diminished capacity, those are exactly the type of questions he’d be asked by the State.

No because they have to appear that they are doing everything correctly so I do not find it dumb at all, I find it to be pretty smart.
What LE found out after is what I am waiting to hear.

It’s generally not smart nor in their best interests for company owners to hold a press conference to lie to the media.

Its information gleaned from “anonymous sources” that more often is proven incorrect.

Welcome! I agree, if CR takes the stand in his own defence claiming diminished capacity, those are exactly the type of questions he’d be asked by the State.
Thank you, Misty.

I look for Defense to get a psych evaluation, and attempt to say that some of the chemicals used at the farm are at fault for his rage... or whatever, since he "was always such a nice, quiet, shy, good, young man".:rolleyes: And when that doesn't work, they'll say, "After years of helping bovine fornicate, he just couldn't help himself, and felt he had no other recourse given his situation."

I could never be a defense attorney.

If the Defense have a Private Investigator on board; that to me suggests that the Defense might also have the complete autopsy report with the various reports from experts and evidence that LE has in this case. I might be wrong.
.........If a defense team wants to gain notoriety, or a PI wants to get her/his name known, they could use pro bono.

I watched it live, but found this on YouTube for you. Go to 22:00.

this looks to me like he is just listening to the Spanish being relayed and speaking a single word. I see eyes darting from lady relaying Spanish to his attorney. I don't hear or see anything that seems off. moo.

IMO diminished capacity would be more like that case where the guy was "sleepwalking" and killed his wife. I can't remember if they found him guilty or not. I'll try to find it. Anyone remember that?
I said this in a post a while back, but I'm going to say it again because not everybody reads every post. If you had ever had an "emotional blackout", you might understand more what he's saying. I have no idea if he really doesn't remember, but I do know it's possible that he doesn't. As I said before, when I blocked out memories of certain events, I couldn't remember exactly what happened and couldn't really remember it happening at all, but I KNEW it had happened. Luckily I never killed anybody, and I'm eternally grateful for that.

When I'd finally snap out of it, I'd have no memory what had happened; sometimes I'd only lose about 15 minutes, sometimes hours and occasionally days. Some examples are being 150 miles away from where I had been, and saying I had driven there if asked how I got there, but not remember even starting my car; talking to someone for 3 hours about a sensitive subject and remembering absolutely nothing that was said. In fact I didn't even remember talking to her until she brought up the subject again the next day, when she mentioned it, I remembered that I had talked to her but still nothing that was said. Ten minutes later I mentioned it to my sister and she asked me what the subject was, and again, I couldn't remember. I watched my father beat my mother many times and knew that he did it, but I don't remember ever seeing him lose his temper. There were more personal things that I mentioned once, but won't this time, that I never remembered but always knew had happened.

Nobody ever disbelieved me about forgetting because there'd be no reason to "pretend" to forget, so I don't automatically assume that he remembers just because it would be convenient to forget. f course, I don't automatically believe he forgot either just because he said he did. I'll just be interested in hearing if they ever do have evidence that it happened to him before, especially at a time when he had nothing to gain by forgetting or lose by remembering. My experiences so my opinion...

Man charged with murder in Mollie Tibbetts case to be arraigned Wednesday

Cristhian Bahena Rivera will be arraigned Wednesday in Poweshiek County District court in connection to the death of Mollie Tibbetts.

The arraignment will take place at 9:30 a.m. at the Poweshiek County Courthouse in
Montezuma, court documents show.

Chad Frese, one of Bahena Rivera's lawyers, said that since there is a language barrier and his client has about the equivalent of a middle-school education, he wants the arraignment to occur in open court rather than filing a written document so the judge can know that Bahena Rivera understands the charges against him.

Man charged with murder in Mollie Tibbetts case to be arraigned Wednesday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member