Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #37

Status
Not open for further replies.
Katrina says in last’s nights interview when asked if tony Jones had a habit of burning out cars. When I looked at the footage from the original interview with Katrina months back it looks like she is in the same clothes etc. so I believe she was asked about the burnt out car months ago and now aca are only showing her response to the question which makes me come to the conclusion that this is not a new line of investigation.
Katrina says in last’s nights interview when asked if tony Jones had a habit of burning out cars. When I looked at the footage from the original interview with Katrina months back it looks like she is in the same clothes etc. so I believe she was asked about the burnt out car months ago and now aca are only showing her response to the question which makes me come to the conclusion that this is not a new line of investigation.

Cheers TBL. Det. Jubelin has often commented on their 'strategic' plans, decisions etc. IMO, the 'drip feeding' of information is a major part of those strategic plans.

This latest release has a whole host of new information, including the fact that there are apparently many more persons of interest in the investigation, it just so happens only the few names have become public - all reliant on my memory, so since I don't have time to suss the links, it needs to be stated clearly that it's all just My Own Petsonal Opinion.

All power please to the Investigators is My personal Prayer - all blessings to William & all those who surround him, please dear Lord. ... and may all due penance be brought upon those responsible for the disappearance of this little boy & for any other atrocities committed. Thank you God.

Cheers TBL. Det. Jubelin has often commented on their 'strategic' plans, decisions etc. IMO, the 'drip feeding' of information is a major part of those strategic plans.

This latest release has a whole host of new information, including the fact that there are apparently many more persons of interest in the investigation, it just so happens only the few names have become public - all reliant on my memory, so since I don't have time to suss the links, it needs to be stated clearly that it's all just My Own Petsonal Opinion.

All power please to the Investigators is My personal Prayer - all blessings to William & all those who surround him, please dear Lord. ... and may all due penance be brought upon those responsible for the disappearance of this little boy & for any other atrocities committed. Thank you God.
Thanks I’m Very much aware of this.

sorry if a rehash - again - but why would the SFR allow ACA to air something like this?? Unless it had some truth. I don't get it
ACA and other similar doco shows do not get permission to air its all about ratings and timing. I think it is very sad such organizations choose anniversary dates in an attempt to get their rating points higher. Leaches preying on plight of victims.

Nothing directly from DCI Jubelin mmmm.

Last edited:
Another long post (sorry) but I find this doco very interesting with regard to police strategy and the media. Much, much more contained in the attached article.

- Decisions over the content and timing of communications with the media will in part reflect the need for the investigation to generate additional information from the general public.

- .... an assessment of investigations of child homicides and concluded that 77 per cent of investigations ‘used the media’ mainly to identify witnesses ....

- It is important to distinguish between a police appeal for information and the more general provision of information to the media about the offence (publicity).

- ...the use of the media offers a relatively flexible means of acquiring information. Unlike other forms of information collection, the investigative team can alter the detail and the tone of the media message accordingly as the enquiry progresses.

- There has been much discussion about the use of victims’ relatives in appeals for assistance via the media ..... In the 16 investigations covered, only two used a member of the victim’s family in press appeals.

Most importantly ... imo
- Where sensitive information had been inadvertently disclosed, the research revealed several instances where press co-operation was exemplary. In two of the cases studied, the press became aware of information which, at that stage, formed part of the investigations’ hold-back material ...... In each case, when the significance of the information was explained, the reasons for treating it as hold-back, and the potential damage to the investigation if made public, the press responded positively and did not make the information public. Indeed, there appear to have been relatively few cases where, when in possession of hold-back information, the media have released it.

https://www.politieacademie.nl/kennisenonderzoek/kennis/mediatheek/PDF/3435.pdf

Last edited:
ACA and other similar doco shows do not get permission to air its all about ratings and timing. I think it is very sad such organizations choose anniversary dates in an attempt to get their rating points higher. Leaches preying on plight of victims.

Nothing directly from DCI Jubelin mmmm.

If an investigation is current/ongoing - then surely there must be some communication with the police, so they don't inadvertently ruin an investigation IMO

If an investigation is current/ongoing - then surely there must be some communication with the police, so they don't inadvertently ruin an investigation IMO

According to the doco that I linked above, there is a police media liaison officer assigned in each serious case.
I would think that the media would "fact check" or gain some kind of approval from this person before publishing items other than police media announcements.

The doco also says that the police provide sufficient info to the media - whether it is allowed to be published or not - because while an investigation is active they would rather that the media do not engage in investigative reports of their own, and perhaps ruin a police investigation or the end result.

According to the doco that I linked above, there is a police media liaison officer assigned in each serious case.
I would think that the media would "fact check" or gain some kind of approval from this person before publishing items other than police media announcements.

The doco also says that the police provide sufficient info to the media - whether it is allowed to be published or not - because while an investigation is active they would rather that the media do not engage in investigative reports of their own, and perhaps ruin a police investigation or the end result.

Wasn't it the media doing their own investigation 60mins I believe orginally notified police of the whereabouts of the white station wagon belonging to TJ's ex wife hiding in the neighbour's yard???

Wasn't it the media doing their own investigation 60mins I believe orginally notified police of the whereabouts of the white station wagon belonging to TJ's ex wife hiding in the neighbour's yard???

Was it? Or perhaps the info was supplied to 60 Minutes (and/or to the police) by a viewer after 60 Minutes aired this ....

Police received information about where it was after current affairs show 60 Minutes revealed investigators were looking for two cars, a white station wagon and a grey sedan, spotted on the street as William played outside.
Police were inundated with information about the case after the programme.
They also identified 12 persons of interest as a result.
Wife horrified to find husband linked to William Tyrrell disappearance

Maybe if you have a relevant link we would be able to determine that.

Last edited:
O/T Remembering an old story (before it would get lost again):

Son won't let 'sleeping' dog lie

The mind boggles as to how anyone could justify in their mind that this is a perfectly acceptable thing to do.

Imagine.... "Darl, can I get you to bury Kia with Mum & Dad?"
"Sure, I'll grab a shovel and head on over now".

Just disturbing the burial place of loved ones, getting the job done. :eek:

I find it hard to believe that ACA follow these guidelines :rolleyes: and a couple of other MSM.

The mind boggles as to how anyone could justify in their mind that this is a perfectly acceptable thing to do.

Imagine.... "Darl, can I get you to bury Kia with Mum & Dad?"
"Sure, I'll grab a shovel and head on over now".

Just disturbing the burial place of loved ones, getting the job done. :eek:
Interesting, that DG and her lovely husband were quite unified in doing this. Who knows, which unlawful "projects" they were also unified in doing out of pure self-benefit ....
If one is thinking of MS as "a large woman", then DG could have been a large woman too ....

I find it hard to believe that ACA follow these guidelines :rolleyes: and a couple of other MSM.

Yeah, I agree there is some trashy journalism. But I think they would be careful to not step on the police toes about anything important, else be cut off from future police sourced info.

I don't think the police would care too much what they say about some people ... like Jones.
And if the police know that burnt car had nothing to do with William's investigation, they are probably rolling their eyes as much as you and I.

Although investigators can determine the contents and timing of a press release, they are not in a position to determine how that information is ultimately portrayed by the media.
One experienced SIO stated that, since it was important to anticipate press interpretation of any aspect of the investigation, ‘you had to think like a subeditor’. Personalising the qualities of the victim and emphasising his/her ‘positive’ characteristics were both important .....
This helped in gaining public sympathy and therefore improved the chance of a good response to appeals.

Last edited:
As a side note, I went back and looked at the parts of Jones' criminal record that had been published. One of the items was this ...

March 31, 1981: Larceny motor vehicle; maliciously set fire to motor vehicle (Lithgow)

In the following years Jones was found guilty of a slew of criminal acts, including stealing and setting fire to motor vehicles, breaking and entering, and causing malicious injury.
We’re for Sydney | Daily Telegraph
Daily Telegraph - 29 September 2015
William Tyrrell: Paedophile ‘person of interest’ Anthony Jones has a lengthy record

Just stumbled about something re VI of a car (I wouldn't have known):

Texas Equusearch found remnants of that van on the 11 Mile Road beach while searching in Galveston. Though fire had destroyed much of the vehicle — including its vehicle identification number — the group was able to identify it because of the missing back seats, which is where Dina E. would store cleaning supplies and other items.
https://www.chron.com/neighborhood/...ng-siblings-after-13206762.php#photo-16107357

For the record guys, I can personally confirm that council staff will lend out equipment to people they know when they are not supposed to, even chainsaws. I have even witnessed council staff taking their work trucks far outside of their councils boundaries to collect scrap metal for themselves, & as a favour to someone they know.

In regards to the vehicle - I am interested to know who "tipped" the police off, is is common practice for the member of the public to accompany the police to the scene, wouldn't they just report it? Perhaps police already knew about this car but the person who reported it is of interest to police & they wanted to see how they acted around the scene & used the time as an opportunity to get information out of them - maybe
Where are VIN numbers located on cars?? perhaps the car was flipped by police previously, or by some other investigation team identifying stolen cars?

We're almost at the end of this thread - 37 threads, four years, countless theories, POI's & media headlines, but still no William. Where are you dear boy & when will you finally come home :(

For the record guys, I can personally confirm that council staff will lend out equipment to people they know when they are not supposed to, even chainsaws. I have even witnessed council staff taking their work trucks far outside of their councils boundaries to collect scrap metal for themselves, & as a favour to someone they know.

In regards to the vehicle - I am interested to know who "tipped" the police off, is is common practice for the member of the public to accompany the police to the scene, wouldn't they just report it? Perhaps police already knew about this car but the person who reported it is of interest to police & they wanted to see how they acted around the scene & used the time as an opportunity to get information out of them - maybe
Where are VIN numbers located on cars?? perhaps the car was flipped by police previously, or by some other investigation team identifying stolen cars?

We're almost at the end of this thread - 37 threads, four years, countless theories, POI's & media headlines, but still no William. Where are you dear boy & when will you finally come home :(

Question? - are you referring to the same Council?

I would also like to know who "tipped" off ACA (and Police if that was the case). If the location is 'unusual', I would imagine that the person would have to direct the police to the location.

Question? - are you referring to the same Council?

I would also like to know who "tipped" off ACA (and Police if that was the case). If the location is 'unusual', I would imagine that the person would have to direct the police to the location.

Not the same council, but indeed "council way of life" especially the more relaxed small or country town councils.

That would make sense for someone to lead the police if it was in an unusual or difficult to find/access area.
I wonder if the same person is responsible for tipping off both parties, perhaps they weren't happy with the police opinion on the matter, perhaps they are going after the $1M & are grasping at straws.

Not the same council, but indeed "council way of life" especially the more relaxed small or country town councils.

That would make sense for someone to lead the police if it was in an unusual or difficult to find/access area.
I wonder if the same person is responsible for tipping off both parties, perhaps they weren't happy with the police opinion on the matter, perhaps they are going after the $1M & are grasping at straws.

I know a worker who 'borrowed' a piece of their town council's heavy equipment - on a Sunday - to drag a mate's deeply bogged 4-wheel drive out of a *dry* creek bed, in a country town. No adverse repercussions for doing that.

I guess that if Jones did, in fact, borrow a chain saw to get access to some scrap metal, and then went and sold the scrap metal to a dealer that morning, then went and got drunk at the pub .. before returning home .. he may have a cleared alibi for that morning. With enough witnesses being able to confirm him being at several places.
Which may mean that he 'once was a person of interest in the disappearance' of William, which we noted fairly recently in an MSM article.

Though, I wonder what time the pubs open in that area. I believe it was said that he arrived home at around noon that day?

Another long post (sorry) but I find this doco very interesting with regard to police strategy and the media. Much, much more contained in the attached article.

- Decisions over the content and timing of communications with the media will in part reflect the need for the investigation to generate additional information from the general public.

- .... an assessment of investigations of child homicides and concluded that 77 per cent of investigations ‘used the media’ mainly to identify witnesses ....

- It is important to distinguish between a police appeal for information and the more general provision of information to the media about the offence (publicity).

- ...the use of the media offers a relatively flexible means of acquiring information. Unlike other forms of information collection, the investigative team can alter the detail and the tone of the media message accordingly as the enquiry progresses.

- There has been much discussion about the use of victims’ relatives in appeals for assistance via the media ..... In the 16 investigations covered, only two used a member of the victim’s family in press appeals.

Most importantly ... imo
- Where sensitive information had been inadvertently disclosed, the research revealed several instances where press co-operation was exemplary. In two of the cases studied, the press became aware of information which, at that stage, formed part of the investigations’ hold-back material ...... In each case, when the significance of the information was explained, the reasons for treating it as hold-back, and the potential damage to the investigation if made public, the press responded positively and did not make the information public. Indeed, there appear to have been relatively few cases where, when in possession of hold-back information, the media have released it.

Great article but based on UK policing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads