Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #25

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks @MerryB, I thought so as well ~ the Lemon Meringue Thrive bar states allergen warning for tree nuts

Right. But SW probably had done her homework, and knew that coconuts are not allergic like tree nuts tend to be.

Tree Nut Allergy - Kids With Food Allergies
www.kidswithfoodallergies.org/page/tree-nut-allergy.aspx

The FDA lists coconut as a tree nut. In fact, coconut is a seed of a drupaceous fruit.

Most people allergic to tree nuts can safely eat coconut.

Coconut allergy is reasonably rare.

Not going to argue or reply to any particular poster, but in my own opinion, selfish is killing your wife who is pregnant with your child.
Even if I caught her killing the other 2, I would think about that life, and I wouldn't have to kill her to stop her.
Wow just wow...I'm pretty sure he had the upper-arm strength advantage to defend himself from her. Dangit.
jmo

I agree. Worst case scenario he does have to knock her out or ends up knocking her across the room. Then get onto 911 and ask for urgent medical attention for the girls and for SW to save the life of the unborn child in case he loses not one, not two, but all three children. I find it hard to believe that the protective instinct wouldn't kick in to save Nico even if he genuinely thought it was too late for the girls.

And then as soon as NA turns up, CW already has the 'excuse' ready that they're going to separate...setting the stage for telling people that she's walked out on him. But he doesn't get away with it because NA calls for the wellbeing check.

In his interviews in one he's saying that *he* wasn't really concerned about Shanann not answering the phone, and then he says he was so concerned that he had to rush home through red lights. So what was he concerned about? We know it wasn't about the lives of his family, it was purely concern that LE had been called and he hadn't done enough cleaning of the crime scene to match his scenario of "poor me, my wife left me and took the children... and now I can get together officially with my mistress as I no longer have a wife".

Why do you think she 'flew off the handle?' Did she have a valid concern? I'd think she did if she saw that the drumstick had some nuts on top.

If my MIL went against my wishes, whatever they were, about my children' allergy triggers, and foods that she gave them, I'd be very upset.

My kids have my3 yr grand baby on a nearly Vegan diet. And she is not allowed to watch 'screens' ---cell phones, tablets or TV screens. She has been to the movies once or twice.

That is not at all how we raised our kids---but I would NEVER go against their wishes for how they want to raise their child. When I babysit I follow their strict instructions. And I know for a fact my DIL would 'fly off the handle' if I broke her rules. As she should.

I used to watch my nieces and nephews from two different siblings, and sometimes it was for an extended period of time. There were food restrictions as well. I followed all of the food rules, no one ever got sick or injured while in my watch and we had a lot of fun. I respected my siblings food rules and they respected that I respected it. That's a way to have a good family relationship.

I think the last two may definitely have something to do with it. I also wonder if he was really being honest about his claim that he was asking for a separation and SW refused to believe it. If he made it known to her that he was serious I would think she would have confided with someone about her feelings and worries. We have heard that she suspected the affair, but why wouldn't she also mention the topic of separation to her friend ( NU something, I forgot) I just wonder how much he really discussed it with her. Maybe he mentioned it before she went away for 5 weeks. It will be very interesting if we ever see that communication in that time. I've even wondered if he were telling her one story and telling everyone else he wanted to separate, and she was basically in the dark. Jmo

I wouldn't be at all surprised if he's been telling 'his' friends and relatives, especially those who live out of town, that she's abusive, he wants a separation...all to set the scene for when one day SW and the children 'vanish'. And if not to 'vanish' them, at least he would look less of a louse if he does end up leaving to be with a mistress.

Thank you on both counts. The next husband was an absolute gem. Treated me and my girls with so much love and consideration until the day I discovered he had drilled a hole in my girl’s bathroom door peeking at them. I set up a surveillance camera to catch him because nobody would have believed it otherwise (he is a surgeon). One emergency restraining order later and he was removed from our home by three sheriff deputies. I would have never in a million years thought he would do such a despicable thing. It proved to me you never really know what evil lurks in a person. I can’t win for losing. Lol!
I'm sorry you went through that awful experience. I had a coworker--an excellent corporate attorney and friendly guy--who got caught doing the same thing you experienced. His wife didn't have to get a restraining order because he left the house, drove to a park and killed himself. The community was shocked. Evil does lurk and sometimes it takes a while to open our eyes. Glad your family is safe.

At my state's top NICU-which is also the state's university medical school--the program's nurse-midwives do NOT handle high-risk pregnancies. I can only go by my own experience.
That's fine, but many others have stated there own or others experience as such so we should give them a little credit, too. They are also going by their experience. Jmo

Why do you think she 'flew off the handle?' Did she have a valid concern? I'd think she did if she saw that the drumstick had some nuts on top.

If my MIL went against my wishes, whatever they were, about my children' allergy triggers, and foods that she gave them, I'd be very upset.

My kids have my3 yr grand baby on a nearly Vegan diet. And she is not allowed to watch 'screens' ---cell phones, tablets or TV screens. She has been to the movies once or twice.

That is not at all how we raised our kids---but I would NEVER go against their wishes for how they want to raise their child. When I babysit I follow their strict instructions. And I know for a fact my DIL would 'fly off the handle' if I broke her rules. As she should.

I know we’ve been through this, but I just want to restate there were no nuts on the ice cream.
There have been rumors going around about nonexistent bowls of nuts, nuts on ice cream, etc.
There were no nuts. The ice cream had a warning on the packaging saying that it was manufactured in a facility that also processes tree nuts.
This is the same warning on the Thrive bars.
IMO both were probably safe for CeCe. The difference is SW had one of these things in her home, and freaked out because the other was in her MIL’s home.
MOO

Thank you on both counts. The next husband was an absolute gem. Treated me and my girls with so much love and consideration until the day I discovered he had drilled a hole in my girl’s bathroom door peeking at them. I set up a surveillance camera to catch him because nobody would have believed it otherwise (he is a surgeon). One emergency restraining order later and he was removed from our home by three sheriff deputies. I would have never in a million years thought he would do such a despicable thing. It proved to me you never really know what evil lurks in a person. I can’t win for losing. Lol!
Oh so sorry to hear that. It just goes to show we don't always see the monster living among us.

I am curious as to why people think CW deleted his FB account. SW built her (their) business via SM. He obviously supported her in this venture -perhaps not with passion like hers, but he did participate. Deleting his FB account speaks volumes for someone who earns income on SM , or even just supports their spouse in their income producing activities on SM. Was he tired of their lives being on constant "display" (maybe because what was on SM didn't jive with "real life"), trying to hide family info from the AP, trying to dodge criticism on SM if the affair or separation became public knowledge?

IMO, here are some reasons why I believe the FB page was deleted:

• The affair was likely something that was turning into something serious. CW would have wanted someone lined up, IMO, so that he wasn’t alone. Just like how he didn’t want to be alone in the house that night, he strikes me as someone who wouldn’t want to be alone in general in the wake of a separation. I can’t imagine the AP even knew what she was in for. If CW was anything like the FB videos, or even porch interviews for that matter, he seemed like a regular, cool, calm, collected kind of guy. Imagine how this could come off to the AP as well.
  • According to NUA during her MSM interview, SW told told her that CW was not “acting himself” during the trip to NC.
More from the article:

“She texted me and said she was going to need a friend now more than ever when she got back,” Atkinson said. “He wasn’t being the loving Chris that he normally was. He wasn’t touching or hugging or doing stuff like that. And he wasn’t being as attentive to the girls as he normally is.”

Atkinson said that Shanann felt “something had changed.” But it wasn’t clear what it was.

Shanann's friend said she knew Chris Watts 'had something to do' with family's murders
  • From the above, I speculate that CW was checked out. Mentally and emotionally. This was picked up on by SW in NC. She knew something was up. And I doubt he made any attempt to hide it. He didn’t need to dupe her; that wasn’t his concern. He had committed to whatever it was he needed to do to ensure that he’d be out of the relationship. There wasn’t any turning back at that point.
  • Deleting the FB page was instant gratification in his mind, and a symbolic first step in stepping away, and becoming free from his family.
  • VI confirmed CW deleted his FB after telling SW (before her trip) that he wanted a separation. This would make sense, especially if CW was ready to move on to be with AP.
  • I don't believe that CW deleted FB to hide it from the AP. SW's FB had numerous public posts, and CW not having a FB doesn't mean SW couldn't post a photo of him. It just means that she probably couldn't "Tag" him in the photo. AP could easily have seen those photos if they were public, however, just as we can still CW in SW's FB photos today.
  • CW may have been along for the ride with promoting the business, but how passionate was he really? Something tells me he was only doing it for SW. It'd look good for her, especially if he counted as a recruit, so why not? If he was on his own, I think it'd be unlikely that he'd continue promoting it. He had other priorities anyway, and I imagine it had nothing to do with the business. It was all about moving forward with the next steps in his plan, to be free from his family, and to potentially be with the AP.
JMO.

Edited to fix link.

Last edited:
I wouldn't be at all surprised if he's been telling 'his' friends and relatives, especially those who live out of town, that she's abusive, he wants a separation...all to set the scene for when one day SW and the children 'vanish'. And if not to 'vanish' them, at least he would look less of a louse if he does end up leaving to be with a mistress.
I think his friends and family had no need for hims to tell them anything because they had interacted with SW themselves. JMO

There have been several posts asking why I believe the girls were killed first. It has less to do w/knowing the parties than it does the facts of the case. With SW’s flight so delayed, if it was a pre-meditated plot to say she disappeared with the girls (and I think it was) , it would have made more sense to wait for another day when he would have more time to dispose of the bodies and stage the house accordingly. But if the girls were killed before SW got home, he had no choice but kill her that night and clean up the best he could.

I’ve said before I believe he thought he’d have plenty of time to stage the house when he got home. NA and LE prevented that though.

The reason I think it was premeditated is he initially tried to spin the story that they were seperating and SW just took off with the girls. (based on his phone conversation w/NUA, his conversations w/the friends he stayed with and his first tv interview among other things).

That story would explain why he wasn’t wearing the wedding band and wouldn’t expose lies he may have told the AP up to that point. IMO all of it was so he could move on with the AP.

MOO
Sounds a lot like another man who killed his wife and unborn child. Jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members