Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #26

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think anyone has questioned whether he killed everyone. A lot of us are trying to figure out WHY? WHY did this happen? He is not Scott Peterson. He seemed like a doting husband and father. We are just exploring what happened? And literally what happened in that house? However, every time someone starts that path...the response is "but crude oil" and "how is this pertinant"..."and that's not a reason for murder".
I think he is exactly like Scott Peterson. With less intelligence. People say he could not have killed his wife either. Loving husband. Did things for his wife. Helped out with the housecleaning. Had an affair. Wanted out of a marriage with children so he could start over with another woman. Lied about the murder. His wife was very much like SW. All she wanted was for everything to be perfect. I wonder if she would have taken her kids to the Drs often and how many people would be suggesting that she craved attention, was controlling, didn't get along with her mother and law, and therefore must have killed her children? Jmo

I don't think anyone has questioned whether he killed everyone. A lot of us are trying to figure out WHY? WHY did this happen? He is not Scott Peterson. He seemed like a doting husband and father. We are just exploring what happened? And literally what happened in that house? However, every time someone starts that path...the response is "but crude oil" and "how is this pertinant"..."and that's not a reason for murder".

Quite a few have questioned whether he killed them all, including the person I was responding to.

I’d like to know the whys too. But that doesn’t change the fact that he committed an horrific crime, but I politely object to words like “unacceptable” and “inexcusable” to describe SW while the same person implies CW is just some poor misunderstood guy. The same guy that just confessed to letting his kids die.

And the other side of that coin, we’ll get accused of bullying, not respecting “minority” opinions and being “closed minded” just for expressing our OWN opinions on this killer - who did indeed dump his kids in crude oil. I don’t think it can be said enough, to be honest. It’s horrifying and it’s real.

These were real people, and not characters in a story. I can’t change my feelings on it, and I don’t believe I should have to. I express my opinions politely and within TOS.

I think he is exactly like Scott Peterson. With less intelligence. People say he could not have killed his wife either. Loving husband. Did things for his wife. Helped out with the housecleaning. Had an affair. Wanted out of a marriage with children so he could start over with another woman. Lied about the murder. His wife was very much like SW. All she wanted was for everything to be perfect. I wonder if she would have taken her kids to the Drs often and how many people would be suggesting that she craved attention, was controlling, didn't get along with her mother and law, and therefore must have killed her children? Jmo
Yes, this. I wouldn't get along with my MIL either if she did not respect my choices on what my kids could eat. As a mother that is my decision, not hers and I do not have to justify it to anyone.

I did some quick SM research looking at other FB pages of people who sell Thrive. By and large, the majority of their posts were just like SW's: live videos of the kids, silly pranks on husbands, pictures of all the housework they'd done that day, gushing posts about how "amazing" their husbands are, etc. They all even seem to use the same hashtags (#myhusbandisbetterthanyours seems to be the favorite). There are people from this case who have given media interviews and they sell Thrive themselves. Their public FB pages resemble this as well.

Point being, while SW's postings may have been TMI, excessive, and overly positive, there is nothing particularly unique about them. Spend some time reading MLM blogs (the one I linked to the other day is fascinating) and you will see the pattern. These women are encouraged to play up their lives, to talk about how amazing things are...they are even gently encouraged to leave out anything that might be construed as negative.

There are quite a few people here who believe that SW killed the girls.
Yes, thats true, and we keep waiting to here any kind of evidence to suggest this is possible, but all I have seen are theories and assumptions about allergies, Drs appts, and the fact that she did not get along with her mother in law!! How is this even relevant? I don't know many women at all who get along with their MIL. They may be polite to them when they are around, but the complaints I have heard... If there were evidence other than the fact that SW seeked attention, fed her children the wrong food, was bossy and controlling, was in denial about the separation, then those are the things we need to discuss, rather than rehashing the same things over and over again that have no basis. When new evidence comes to light I would be interested in discussing it, as would everyone, I'm sure. But we just don't have anything that supports the story that CW is telling. Jmo

Yes, thats true, and we keep waiting to here any kind of evidence to suggest this is possible, but all I have seen are theories and assumptions about allergies, Drs appts, and the fact that she did not get along with her mother in law!! How is this even relevant? I don't know many women at all who get along with their MIL. They may be polite to them when they are around, but the complaints I have heard... If there were evidence other than the fact that SW seeked attention, fed her children the wrong food, was bossy and controlling, was in denial about the separation, then those are the things we need to discuss, rather than rehashing the same things over and over again that have no basis. When new evidence comes to light I would be interested in discussing it, as would everyone, I'm sure. But we just don't have anything that supports the story that CW is telling. Jmo
Yes, especially in light of all his other lies. He lied to everyone including LE until he was caught out, then he comes up with the fantastic last lie, which is supposed to the the truth.

Ok so I played around with this option and I can tell you it can't work mainly because of the time it will take to gather the posts and put them in a different thread.

BUT, there is no reason why anyone can't do exactly what I did when I started working on Dexter's suggestion. Make sure before you do this that you are in the Located forum. See in the upper right-hand corner you see a box that says "Search" In that box put in the VI"s name. Colorado303. Then you see a drop down box that gives you options. One option is "Posted by Member" and you put in the name of the VI again. Then you chose the option "Search this Forum Only" and you will get all of the VI's posts on one page. You have to click on each post to read it but that's it. You are all set. If you want to search an individual thread for all of the VI's posts go to that thread and search but instead of choosing "Search this Forum Only" you choose "Search this Thread Only".
Hope this makes sense.

If there was a way I could get all the VI's posts to copy over at the same time without having to click on each individual post to make a new thread it would be easy. You'll see how you have to click on each individual post to read. To copy a post we have to click on each individual post. After you clicked on each individual post you can then copy them over into the new thread. There are pages and pages of VI posts. It would take too long to do this. Best thing is for you to search for the posts.
Or you could just "follow" them.

BBM
It’s not relevant. We can carry on for another entire thread about closets, coconuts, and chiropractors, but it doesn’t have squat to do with anything, but it sure hinders any serious discussion of the facts and evidence. MOO

This is interesting. I love reading theories from others. If you know your theory conflicts with evidence, why do you believe it? I see no reason to believe CW loved SW, or would beg her not to go. If the murders weren't premeditated, how could he so coolly speak of them the next day, knowing they were dead in an oil tank? Does CW's affair fit into your scenario anywhere, or do you dismiss the mention of the affair on the affidavit?
I think the reasoning in his theory makes perfect sense. Why did CW seem so intent to make others aware that he wanted the separation? Maybe it was the other way around. The affair could be his way of making sure he had something in place before the separation. He may have anticipated it for awhile. And the fact that she left for 5 weeks instead of sticking around to work on her marriage. Maybe to her it was a trial separation. Does anyone know if there was a specific reason she left the girls home? I don't know much about the trip. Jmo

Thank you.

If he is telling the truth then rather than try to save his remaining child, he killed his pregnant wife and then disposed of all their bodies like garbage.

If he is lying then he killed 4 people and still disposed of their bodies like garbage.

I have never seen a case in which people have put so much stock in a confessed killer's word-and that is all we have right now. His word.

Frankly, I find it disconcerting.

IMO people want to believe him because it's so hard to fathom that a seemingly good father could do something so incredibly horrific. Our logical, rational, empathetic selves cannot comprehend this level of evil.

Problem is that we can tease it, tear it apart, poke it, dissect it and we will never know the "why", IMO. Even if he breaks down as the case (IMO) becomes stronger and stronger against him, we can't believe a word he says. In the long run, he will lie to get a lesser sentence anyway.

BBM
It’s not relevant. We can carry on for another entire thread about closets, coconuts, and chiropractors, but it doesn’t have squat to do with anything, but it sure hinders any serious discussion of the facts and evidence. MOO
Yes, that's how I feel. We keep getting caught up with it, rather than trying to figure out what really happened. Imo

Quite a few have questioned whether he killed them all, including the person I was responding to.

I’d like to know the whys too. But that doesn’t change the fact that he committed an horrific crime, but I politely object to words like “unacceptable” and “inexcusable” to describe SW while the same person implies CW is just some poor misunderstood guy. The same guy that just confessed to letting his kids die.

And the other side of that coin, we’ll get accused of bullying, not respecting “minority” opinions and being “closed minded” just for expressing our OWN opinions on this killer - who did indeed dump his kids in crude oil. I don’t think it can be said enough, to be honest. It’s horrifying and it’s real.

These were real people, and not characters in a story. I can’t change my feelings on it, and I don’t believe I should have to. I express my opinions politely and within TOS.

Thank you for your much needed posts this morning. Eases some of the injustice I was feeling in my gut after reading the end pages of the last thread.

Here's to remembering who the real victims are in this horrific crime.0abfafc1-4906-4a65-93cb-53e11af69e8b_800_420.png 180817-bodies-children-found-tanker-feature.jpg No amount of chiropractic care or allergy issues can spin this into some melodrama where Shanann was so hideous and CW was so abused and misunderstood. No matter how things are spun. It just isn't going to happen IMO.

The defense is filing the motions but not specifying any instances of leaks. It looks like they're resorting to smoke and mirrors.
In another famous family annihilation a few decades ago the defense filed everything they could think of to delay the proceedings, and then got him off, for awhile, on lack of speedy trial. They'll try anything at all. They are working for their own future reputation, and bread and butter.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member