Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #26

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO people want to believe him because it's so hard to fathom that a seemingly good father could do something so incredibly horrific. Our logical, rational, empathetic selves cannot comprehend this level of evil.
Yes, but it doesn't take much to label a loving mother a bad mother. The things that she has been judged on are petty and irrelevant IMO. With a bit of malice thrown in.

Thank you for your much needed posts this morning. Eases some of the injustice I was feeling in my gut after reading the end pages of the last thread.

Here's to remembering who the real victims are in this horrific crime.View attachment 147583 View attachment 147584 No amount of chiropractic care or allergy issues can spin this into some melodrama where Shanann was so hideous and CW was so abused and misunderstood. No matter how things are spun. It just isn't going to happen IMO.
CW is charged with, IICR, 5 1st degree murders and a bunch of other felonies including causing the death of his own little unborn boy. SW, on the other hand, is being charged on SM for using too much SM (irony here?), and that she should have "rehomed" her beloved little short haired dachshund, and that, horror of all horrors, she expected her hubby to help her out with house work while she raised 2 toddlers and carried his baby and had a full time job she created for herself.

Last edited:
I think the reasoning in his theory makes perfect sense. Why did CW seem so intent to make others aware that he wanted the separation? Maybe it was the other way around. The affair could be his way of making sure he had something in place before the separation. He may have anticipated it for awhile. And the fact that she left for 5 weeks instead of sticking around to work on her marriage. Maybe to her it was a trial separation. Does anyone know if there was a specific reason she left the girls home? I don't know much about the trip. Jmo
Good Morning MsBetsy! If you are speaking of the NC trip, the girls went with her.

Yes, but it doesn't take much to label a loving mother a bad mother. The things that she has been judged on are petty and irrelevant IMO. With a bit of malice thrown in.

Totally agree. I feel such sadness for her. Behind closed doors she was probably hurting a great deal. And being pregnant with 2 kids and dealing with the stress of a troubled marriage, I can't imagine.

Totally agree. I feel such sadness for her. Behind closed doors she was probably hurting a great deal. And being pregnant with 2 kids and dealing with the stress of a troubled marriage, I can't imagine.
More than a bit of trouble it seems. I would love to know how his head processed the thought that it was a good idea to throw his clean, bright little girls in crude oil.

BBM
It’s not relevant. We can carry on for another entire thread about closets, coconuts, and chiropractors, but it doesn’t have squat to do with anything, but it sure hinders any serious discussion of the facts and evidence. MOO

You know that if SW never took her girls to the doctor or denied them treatments, she would be blasted for neglect. It's a no-win scenario. She was super organized, kept to a rigid sleep schedule, and had a very clean house so she was "controlling." If she'd had a messy house and didn't have structure then she would be lazy and a bad parent. And so on and so forth.

Someone descibes her comments as being "vicious", but I'm feeling like that's what all the judgement is when describing her. If there was a connection, that would be one thing. But since there is none that can be proven, it seems more like gossip to me. Jmo

I think the reasoning in his theory makes perfect sense. Why did CW seem so intent to make others aware that he wanted the separation? Maybe it was the other way around. The affair could be his way of making sure he had something in place before the separation. He may have anticipated it for awhile. And the fact that she left for 5 weeks instead of sticking around to work on her marriage. Maybe to her it was a trial separation. Does anyone know if there was a specific reason she left the girls home? I don't know much about the trip. Jmo
SW left the girls in CW's care over the weekend while she was at a Thrive retreat/event. For 6 weeks prior SW took them to her parents place in NC, CW joined them for the last week.

More than a bit of trouble it seems. I would love to know how his head processed the thought that it was a good idea to throw his clean, bright little girls in crude oil.

Yes, and that took some time to carry that plan out. Those tanks weren't close by. The bodies had to be loaded clandestinely and transported. Once on the burial sites, there were apparently steps involved, and separate tanks. Separate. Then, the digging of a shallow grave. All of that takes time.

IMO people want to believe him because it's so hard to fathom that a seemingly good father could do something so incredibly horrific. Our logical, rational, empathetic selves cannot comprehend this level of evil.

Yeah, that's the truth. It is crazy to think about-he APPEARED to be a loving father who adored his wife. And who knows? Maybe he was at one time. That's the scary thing-the idea that it could flip like that.

It's an old syndrome that I hope disappears with a new generation of color blind/gender blind citizens. Look at the trouble a women politician has getting elected. She has to have a loving family, god help her if she chose not to or could not have children, has to be good looking enough, but not TOO good looking, educated but not too educated, and so on. There is a whole generation (or 2) of women who will judge other women negatively before they will judge a man at all. IMO

Last edited:
SW left the girls in CW's care over the weekend while she was at a Thrive retreat/event. For 6 weeks prior SW took them to her parents place in NC, CW joined them for the last week.
And that says to me that she trusted him implicitly with their care. Even if they had been fighting about a separation (or whatever topic) prior to that weekend, I doubt she would have left them alone with him if, for a millisecond, she thought he wouldn't be on top of things or care for them properly.

ETA: My last paragraph seemed to have poofed. Meant to add: To me this means that to her, he wasn't showing any signs prior to that weekend of being unstable, "off," not to be trusted with their care, anything like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Acalvert