Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #26

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is what SW stated happened. Those are the facts that she posted.

Are we supposed to now dismiss her version of events? Do you have valid reasons for us to deny her version?

Why would we not believe what she has said? I would need some good reasons to assume that she lied when she posted her version of the events.

Were you there? That would be important to know, if you are now disputing SW's claims.

FB posts are not sworn testimony. FB is not a notarized, official document.

I could post photos of myself with the Eiffel Tower in the background. Doesn’t mean I was actually in Paris. I could post that my dog died. Doesn’t mean I even have a dog. I see people posting things on FB and IG that are so much more or less than they are in real life.

Shanann posted a rosy picture of her family when we know it was actually falling apart. She was praising him on FB at the same time she was doubting him to her confidants. There’s reason to believe she exaggerated sometimes.

Exactly. And he already has a history of lying with the fake missing persons story from the beginning. His calm demeanor and intense eye contact during the interview where he was putting on this facade is pretty chilling when you consider in retrospect that it was all a lie and he knew exactly where his family was all along.
So yeah, a proven liar doesn’t really have a ton of credibility if you ask me. It just blows my mind that people actually give anything he says the time of day.

BBM Exactly!

In this CBSN report, it states that Chris Watts admitted to murdering his pregnant wife and two daughters on Thursday.
The problem is that they couch it in vague language like he "reportedly" confessed; he "allegedly" confessed. There's not a lot of concrete detail, unfortunately, which has led to confusion and debate about what he actually confessed to and when. I have no idea exactly what the family were told by LE either. We simply just don't know at this point, alas.

But now, people are saying it was actually posted on SW's FB too. I wonder if that is correct?
Well, if they can't provide a link to it, then I'm going to say no.

Yes, and in regard to the barbecue, I did not realize they were not there when I first read it. Did he explain where they were? Someone must have asked him?

From what I understand a neighbor saw him grilling. That doesn't mean they had a conversation. They may have just seen him through the window for all we know. Either way, he could have said the kids were inside watching tv or maybe playing with that big ol' Barbie.

FB posts are not sworn testimony. FB is not a notarized, official document.

I could post photos of myself with the Eiffel Tower in the background. Doesn’t mean I was actually in Paris. I could post that my dog died. Doesn’t mean I even have a dog. I see people posting things on FB and IG that are so much more or less than they are in real life.

Shanann posted a rosy picture of her family when we know it was actually falling apart. She was praising him on FB at the same time she was doubting him to her confidants. There’s reason to believe she exaggerated sometimes.

True. But if someone is going to dispute a story she posted they need to have evidence to support their refutation.

Like in your examples, someone would then show that your Eiffel Tower was photoshopped.

But people are on here saying it was FACTUALLY INCORRECT what SW posted. I'd like to know how they came to that conclusion. They are not saying 'it might not be true.' They are saying it is NOT TRUE.

I was searching for information about the Watts case, and I found Websleuths. I have been reading this thread for weeks.

When I heard a pregnant woman and her two children were missing, and her husband had given media interviews, I immediately concluded he must be guilty because that is par for the course in these types of cases.

When I saw the media interviews, I thought CW's performance was awkard. He did not strike me as overly confident. However, his lack of emotion indicated guilt, IMO.

I was surprised he confessed so quickly, but I believe that has been stated by others on this forum before. However, given the amount of evidence LE had already gathered, how could CW possibly deny his involvement?

IMO, the only logical conclusion at this point is CW is guilty of the murders of Shanann and the girls. His story of SW killing the children seems implausible.

Having said that, I am interested in other opinions. I was not there, so I can not say with 100% certainty what happened that night. I could be surprised by forthcoming evidence.

Like others, I "project" my own life experiences onto this case. My father led a "double life" that no one knew about until my parents divorced when I was in high school. My father married my mother as a "cover up" to his problems, some of which have been speculated by others as issues CW may have had as well.

The worst thing for someone like my father would be having his secret exposed. Once the mask falls off of a person leading a double life, they don't have much else left. I think the guilt and shame would more likely lead to suicide though, rather than homicide.

There are correlations I think are relevant, but this post is already too long, and it is only speculation.

I am interested in reading posts from all viewpoints. I understand the reasoning behind the speculation. I want to know why this happened.

Also, after watching the Thrive videos, I have wondered if SW's involvement in her MLM was an escape for her. I am not on social media, so the only glimpses I get of her facebook posts are here or MSM articles.

JMO

Welcome to WS @amiless - It’s great to have you here with us.

I don't know that anyone lied, per se, just sounds like a reporter heard "confession" and ran with it? I don't know. I just know we only heard "confessed to killing all" in headlines, but if you can find the actual source for it, then cool--but it's not what the court documents stated.

Yes, I think most people that have been here since the second week understand that the folks got that from the defense submission to the court, and ran with it. It has been corrected since then. It was mainstream media misunderstanding. That was a long time ago :deadhorse: :moo:

Some for sure. To be honest I don't know the laws and housing market in that area in CO, but the market seems to be a hot or at least upcoming one. They both may have not been able to afford another house on their own or rent, even after the sale of their current house. And because of the children/custody they may have needed to both stay in that area.

I know of divorces where one spouse bought the other out of the home because they wanted to stay and they had to account for splitting the joint asset.

That may have been impossible if their financial situation was dire. Also in a real estate market like theirs it can be hard to come up with a fair value when the price keeps going up so quickly.

True. But if someone is going to dispute a story she posted they need to have evidence to support their refutation.

Like in your examples, someone would then show that your Eiffel Tower was photoshopped.

But people are on here saying it was FACTUALLY INCORRECT what SW posted. I'd like to know how they came to that conclusion. They are not saying 'it might not be true.' They are saying it is NOT TRUE.

Will someone post a link to where SW posted about this? Did I miss it?

I was searching for information about the Watts case, and I found Websleuths. I have been reading this thread for weeks.

When I heard a pregnant woman and her two children were missing, and her husband had given media interviews, I immediately concluded he must be guilty because that is par for the course in these types of cases.

When I saw the media interviews, I thought CW's performance was awkard. He did not strike me as overly confident. However, his lack of emotion indicated guilt, IMO.

I was surprised he confessed so quickly, but I believe that has been stated by others on this forum before. However, given the amount of evidence LE had already gathered, how could CW possibly deny his involvement?

IMO, the only logical conclusion at this point is CW is guilty of the murders of Shanann and the girls. His story of SW killing the children seems implausible.

Having said that, I am interested in other opinions. I was not there, so I can not say with 100% certainty what happened that night. I could be surprised by forthcoming evidence.

Like others, I "project" my own life experiences onto this case. My father led a "double life" that no one knew about until my parents divorced when I was in high school. My father married my mother as a "cover up" to his problems, some of which have been speculated by others as issues CW may have had as well.

The worst thing for someone like my father would be having his secret exposed. Once the mask falls off of a person leading a double life, they don't have much else left. I think the guilt and shame would more likely lead to suicide though, rather than homicide.

There are correlations I think are relevant, but this post is already too long, and it is only speculation.

I am interested in reading posts from all viewpoints. I understand the reasoning behind the speculation. I want to know why this happened.

Also, after watching the Thrive videos, I have wondered if SW's involvement in her MLM was an escape for her. I am not on social media, so the only glimpses I get of her facebook posts are here or MSM articles.

JMO
Welcome Amiless!!!! Sounds like you have some good insight already. I think you will find plenty of opinions on this thread alone! Looking forward to your posts!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123