Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #28

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your original point was that people are analyzing his still photo and his news interviews to read into his personality, his actions, etc, yet it is seemingly not ok to do the same when it comes to Shanann's social media stuff, am I correct?

My point is that you are comparing someone's actions on social media, which is notoriously fake (they don't call it Fakebook for nothing) and an MLM business on top of that which also has an image to present, plus this is someone who at that time was not a victim or perpetrator of any crime...

To a man who is on live TV deliberately lying about the lives and whereabouts of his entire family when he's begging the world, the police and the public to help him find them. To bring them back. Telling about her last moments there. All the while knowing they're all dead and he disposed of them in various ways.

I'm sorry, but I don't understand your point about how it's pretty amazing that people see those comparisons as completely different. She was going about her daily business and posting online. She wasn't and had no reason to be deadly serious, completely honest not to mention utterly shattered.

A good analysis of whether they both lie under pressure, or are capable of murder, or can appear emotionless save worry of being caught, or covering up their children's bodies in oil... something serious like that, would be to compare news interviews of both Chris and Shanann after their children went missing. Then you might gauge their reactions more fairly.

But you can't, because she's dead and he killed her. That part is a fact.
Thank you for the advice, but I'm fine with my opinion. It's interesting that if all the Facebook videos were for show, there wasn't more attentiveness towards the children shown. I'm curious what "real life" looked like if that's all "fake."

No casseroles brought over for the grieving daddy either. I'm sure he was looking forward to basking in attention and playing on people's pity.
Remember Mark Sievers comments on his wifes million dollar go fund me that he shouted on his Facebook page every day.

Donate Now. All funds will be used until I can get my hands on her $3 million dollars life insurance policy.

But I only told the cops that we are both only insured for 1 million through 1 policy. :( :)

We do know he is guilty of killing his pregnant wife and putting the bodies in #crude oil bc he has confessed to that . The motion about the may be prints on trash bags even stated the defendant won’t testify to bc it was relative to “collection evidence “ this was stated on second page of motion . The reason we have the information is his confession . I think the interview does indicate anxiety , deceit , stress, disbelief ,shock . We know he was not telling the truth during that interview bc now we have a confession as well . What is unclear is how to convict someone because you only believe 98% of the confession.
Do you mean that 98% of his confession is true according to what we assume to be the prosecutor's case? Not to quibble about percentages, but I think they will disagree with a significant portion of his confession. The confession he came up with coincidentally is one of the only ones you could come up with if you knew they had zeroed in on the location of the bodies, a bed sheet from your house, camera footage showing only you left the house that day with the back doors locked...and you wanted to mitigate your responsibility for the crimes.

I don't see how he could have for one second thought he would eventually get away with it after he had done it. Maybe before he actually did it... but it couldn't have been planned IMO because he didn't do ANYTHING.
He took the bodies to the only place he could.
If LE ever looks at where he went those few days (GPS) they are going to find at least SW.
If he goes home after work and gets rid of everything (again, where?) , he is not going to be under heavy suspicion after all three never show up anywhere?
Nobody is going to worry about them all day or the next day?

Give an interview, or several not showing real concern or horror at what may have happened. I just don't get it.

Maybe all this dumbness is hiding a criminal mastermind... reverse psychology on us and all. Haha
I don’t think he counted on NUA coming by that quickly looking for SW. He’s plans got disrupted and police was called in. Everything changed for him.

I have totally missed this. I’m sorry to be late to the game- I really do try to keep up but I guess I can’t!

WHEN did he say he hid the bodies to “protect her reputation” and WHEN did he tell his family she was controlling and verbally abusive?

You are missing the context I think.

We were discussing possible defense reasons for hiding the bodies. Not that it happened or makes any sense.

It is possible that he told his family that.

Thank you for the advice, but I'm fine with my opinion. It's interesting that if all the Facebook videos were for show, there wasn't more attentiveness towards the children shown. I'm curious what "real life" looked like if that's all "fake."
Despite not wanting to open this can of worms on the FB videos, I confess to watching most of them. I viewed a ton of attentiveness to the children. Was every single decision exactly what I would do? Maybe not. But there is a ton of love and caring about feelings in those videos. The fact that she found temper tantrums of her two toddlers exasperating or even funny at times does not seem to be out of line with other mothers of toddlers, particularly when you spend most of your time with them. But that is my opinion.

I don’t think he counted on NUA coming by that quickly looking for SW. He’s plans got disrupted and police was called in. Everything changed for him.

Of course not... but could you/anyone come up with a decent plan he 'could' have done? I would like to hear a possible scenario where he would/might get away with the killings.

Time Required For Premeditation
Time alone doesn’t determine whether a defendant premeditated and deliberated. All premeditation and deliberation require is the time it takes to form the intent, ponder the crime, and then act. Defendants can premeditate and deliberate in a matter of minutes, as long as the thought process occurs before the act.

There is no specific formula for determining whether a defendant premeditated and deliberated before acting. Courts and juries will consider the circumstances of each case.

EXAMPLE: A defendant convicted of first degree murder for strangling a victim with a lamp cord premeditated the murder. The evidence showed that the defendant repositioned the cord around the victim’s neck numerous times, each time giving him the opportunity to reflect on his actions. The defendant had also had time to consider his actions during a struggle with the victim prior to the strangulation, further proving premeditation. (Berube v. State, 5 So.3d 734 (Fla. 2nd DCA 2009).)

What is premeditated and deliberate conduct?

In real life. She gave that man a 5 week vacation from her and the kids while pregnant. 1 week later. Her and the kids are dead.

I have totally missed this. I’m sorry to be late to the game- I really do try to keep up but I guess I can’t!

WHEN did he say he hid the bodies to “protect her reputation” and WHEN did he tell his family she was controlling and verbally abusive?
I believe that he told the police about hiding the bodies and the VI who claims to have known them both since the relationship began has claimed that SW was verbally abusive to him.
He is also reported to have told his same sex partner (don't know if there ever was one, but it has been reported) the same things.

Of course not... but could you/anyone come up with a decent plan he 'could' have done? I would like to hear a possible scenario where he would/might get away with the killings.
Yes I posted a few theories earlier today. Too long to find and repost. I’m at work.

www.weldsheriff.com/apps1/dailyCalls

The website says not all calls for service result in a report, so not all are listed. The only well being check shown for the wee hours is 1am in Boulder - too far to be in the general area of SW's home. So if the call was made, either the call did not result in a report, or a different agency responded.

ETA "if" the call was made, since I don't have a link to the article where it was mentioned.

ETA again to add the link to the sheriff's dept and clarify which call, since the quote I replied to didn't show up. Was looking for the call about the dog whining/keening. Also looked for NUAs call while at it.

Last edited:
Time Required For Premeditation
Time alone doesn’t determine whether a defendant premeditated and deliberated. All premeditation and deliberation require is the time it takes to form the intent, ponder the crime, and then act. Defendants can premeditate and deliberate in a matter of minutes, as long as the thought process occurs before the act.

There is no specific formula for determining whether a defendant premeditated and deliberated before acting. Courts and juries will consider the circumstances of each case.

EXAMPLE: A defendant convicted of first degree murder for strangling a victim with a lamp cord premeditated the murder. The evidence showed that the defendant repositioned the cord around the victim’s neck numerous times, each time giving him the opportunity to reflect on his actions. The defendant had also had time to consider his actions during a struggle with the victim prior to the strangulation, further proving premeditation. (Berube v. State, 5 So.3d 734 (Fla. 2nd DCA 2009).)

What is premeditated and deliberate conduct?
THIS. Thank you for posting! I think we all needed to be educated on the legal definition of premeditated murder.

Despite not wanting to open this can of worms on the FB videos, I confess to watching most of them. I viewed a ton of attentiveness to the children. Was every single decision exactly what I would do? Maybe not. But there is a ton of love and caring about feelings in those videos. The fact that she found temper tantrums of her two toddlers exasperating or even funny at times does not seem to be out of line with other mothers of toddlers, particularly when you spend most of your time with them. But that is my opinion.
I was thinking more of not helping CeCe when she was distressed on the sink, her tiny toes gripping the toilet paper holder.

And the Santa video where the girls weren't allowed to feel safe and their repeated "no's" were ignored and Bella was called a Grinch.

The photo opportunities for Easter and Christmas where the girls are screaming and reaching for their mother.

Those things were rather disturbing to me. They may or may not be telling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one2manymules