DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn't that determined to be a kick from a firefighter? I could be wrong, but I recall there was a kick to a door that was made by a firefighter to open the door and let the dogs out?? Or was that a different kick?

Correct my memory as needed. :)

jmo

“At 5:56 p.m. May 13, the alarm company that monitored the Savopoulos family home received a “broken glass alert” for French doors that lead into the stately D.C. house. Authorities now believe that the alarm was triggered by a killer.”

That quote is from the Post July 20, 2015.

That alarm company may be the worst in the world...
That alarm wasn’t triggered by a fireman.

Washington Post: Breaking News, World, US, DC News & Analysis

JMO

Wasn't that determined to be a kick from a firefighter? I could be wrong, but I recall there was a kick to a door that was made by a firefighter to open the door and let the dogs out?? Or was that a different kick?

Correct my memory as needed. :)

jmo

Dear Inthedetails,

The only 'verified' source concerning this (that I have found) is from paragraph 5 of an affidavit sworn on May 22, 2015.

Since that date, there would have been further testing and interviews of the firefighters who were present at the time. This will hopefully all come out during the trial.

Return After Search of Ford

The detective refers to the "boot print" as not being consistent with boots issued for the firefighters.

Same paragraph. Detective states that "Preliminary interviews of firefighters reveal that firefighters did not enter this door."

Last edited:
“At 5:56 p.m. May 13, the alarm company that monitored the Savopoulos family home received a “broken glass alert” for French doors that lead into the stately D.C. house. Authorities now believe that the alarm was triggered by a killer.”

That quote is from the Post July 20, 2015.

That alarm company may be the worst in the world...
That alarm wasn’t triggered by a fireman.

Washington Post: Breaking News, World, US, DC News & Analysis

JMO
I wonder what caused that alarm? The abduction was well underway by then. Does that time coincide for SS's arrival at home? A scuffle, perhaps?? IDK

jmo

Dear Inthedetails,

The only 'verified' source concerning this is from an affidavit sworn on May 22, 2015.

Since that date, there would have been further testing and interviews of the firefighters who were present at the time.

This will likely all come out during the trial.

The only sourced reference I have found is in paragraph 5 of the Affidavit attached to the Search Warrant here:

Search warrants: Shoe print, broken door show signs of forced entry into Savopoulos' home

The detective refers to the "boot print" as not being consistent with boots issued for the firefighters.

Same paragraph. Detective states that "Preliminary interviews of firefighters reveal that firefighters did not enter this door."
Good to know - thanks. I recall the podcast from last week mentioned a firefighter's boot/kick. I must have mixed it up.

jmo

I don't think you mixed it up. The mix up is from inaccurate reports.

Various news articles have stated inaccurate or speculative information about the boot print and where the firefighters broke into the house.

There is misinformation from the press, I think due to sources who provide inaccurate information.
It happens.

For example I have read the following from various news articles and podcasts about the dogs:

- one dog was in the house. One was in the backyard.
- both dogs were in the house
- both dogs were in the backyard
- it is thought that the perpetrator came in from the dog door
- the dog door was duct taped and the dogs were outside (this one could be accurate but there are various reports as to who put the duct tape on the dog door)

You know what I mean? I'm not judging reporters who wrote these sentences. One inaccurate statement gets picked up by a paper, then the next paper changes a few words. It happens.

I wonder what caused that alarm? The abduction was well underway by then. Does that time coincide for SS's arrival at home? A scuffle, perhaps?? IDK

jmo

bbm

Dear Inthedetails,

What you just said is so interesting, especially with the "timeline" in mind !

I hope some evidence comes up soon that actually connects all this to DW.

Re conflicting reports on the dog door, I also read recently that the taped-shut dog door was on the door to the basement, meaning the dogs were contained (or attemptedly contained) down there.

Why is DW wearing red earbuds ?
It’s been a while since I’ve been in a courtroom...is this a new thing?

JMO
That was my question too. Why does he have ear buds?

(I like the courtroom sketches. Sometimes they are not that good, but I like this artist's work.)
jmo
I don't believe ear buds for translation so probably amp due to hearing loss(??). JMO

Welcome to the thread ViolaAnn !

Moderators Bessie and Harmony 2 posted verified reporter twitter accounts on page one of this thread.

Unfortunately "Media Watchdog" is not considered MSM nor verifiable.

The other twitter accounts posted on page one are MSM and verifiable sources.

I'm so glad you've joined us.:)

Last edited:
Welcome to the thread ViolaAnn !

Moderators Bessie and Harmony 2 posted verified reporter twitter accounts on page one of this thread.

Unfortunately "Media Watchdog" is not considered MSM nor verifiable.

The other twitter accounts posted on page one are MSM and verifiable sources.

I'm so glad you've joined us.:)

Oops!! Sorry!! I deleted!

And Thanks for the welcome :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads