AL AL - Danniella Vian, 24, Mobile, 17 Jul 2018 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick aside to clarify: supposedly they all were to go to Ollies
it is said that DNV was seen leaving with DW (formerly 'unknown male')
for some reason DW & DNV find themselves at a Shell gas station
Ostensibly because DNV must verbally inform DW that she must return to Dublins for her phone....
Yes, indeed, DW *says* that he was going home...& has no idea why DNV following him(his rationale would not have been true - ie she was following him to Ollies because she didn't know where it was: she did: used to work there: apparently less than five minutes away...not why she was following dude)
So nope - don't believe DWs story at all

Otto: not sure I'd say he 'bolted' - he chose to go back for her phone while she did the deal....but...as other's have just posted...could be this Shell thing was a stop for them for drugs before going back to Ollies to join the rest of the gang.....

Of course all of this is not only MOO - but also pure speculation fiddling around with what we know......trying to fit the puzzle pieces together....

Any drugs being bought could be pot - relatively tame compared to other drugs....doesn't mean some crazy stuff was going to go down - just maybe DW/DNV, all 'hey we can get some pot, we'll meet you back at Ollies'....nothing, to my mind, sinister per se....um, until DNV's GPS disabled and she vanishes ....
(interesting that if we know as fact two in car #3 - means one could drive DNVs)

If she could do a drug deal at the Shell station by herself, why was he there in the first place? Either he was there for her safety, or not, but it doesn't make sense that he accompanied her to a midnight drug deal and then left before the deal was made.

mks762 - I am there with you - but...yeah apparently it was turned into Dublin staff....oddly he was scouring lot for it (apparently it was left in parking lot)...bartender tipped him off that a phone was found and returned.. why the heck didn't he go in first...make it easy, if someone found: there ya go..if not, scour parking lot....think he was hoping to grab phone & run, unseen frankly...

eh, guess interwebs gods liked that post ;)
deleted triplicates...

Otto: agree - it's all weird....
We don't know why they went off together from Dublins....but they did...
No idea why he was compelled to go get her phone - but that is one fact we do know: he sure was....

BTW - if the entire - getting pot at Shell then going back to Ollies.....
what if, once DW has phone, then at Ollies...no DNV.....
He is pretty freaked out: he knows she vanished after this drug deal.....they may have seen his car - that's why he returned it: doesn't want to be recognized....

Also - speculated from get go: so he has rental car: is it possible he's loaned his car to others/friends...ie could be car #3...

Was he in communication with car #3 - when realize don't have DNVs cell - he's instructed to get it ASAP (just speculation here! move along move along lol) Just ideas been kicking around...

Otto: agree - it's all weird....
We don't know why they went off together from Dublins....but they did...
No idea why he was compelled to go get her phone - but that is one fact we do know: he sure was....

I think they were both compelled to get her phone, but only he made it safely to The Dublin to look for the phone.

If she could do a drug deal at the Shell station by herself, why was he there in the first place? Either he was there for her safety, or not, but it doesn't make sense that he accompanied her to a midnight drug deal and then left before the deal was made.

Maybe he really was going home until she flashed the lights... and decided to go back for her phone so she didn't have to. But that would've been very out of his way and would make more sense if she just went back herself on the way to Ollies if he originally had no intentions to meet up with the rest of the crew at Ollies. He said he was going home. Why did he then decide he'd return the rental car after the trip back to Dublins and the brief stop by Ollies instead going straight home like he said he was doing before?

BTW - if the entire - getting pot at Shell then going back to Ollies.....
what if, once DW has phone, then at Ollies...no DNV.....
He is pretty freaked out: he knows she vanished after this drug deal.....they may have seen his car - that's why he returned it: doesn't want to be recognized....

Also - speculated from get go: so he has rental car: is it possible he's loaned his car to others/friends...ie could be car #3...

Was he in communication with car #3 - when realize don't have DNVs cell - he's instructed to get it ASAP (just speculation here! move along move along lol) Just ideas been kicking around...

The fact that DW did everything possible to alert Danni's family that something was wrong doesn't make sense if he was somehow tied to her disappearance.

Strange as it is, it makes more sense that she left her phone in the parking lot, she followed him when he was going home, he knew that she was following him, he pulled into the Shell station for less than 2 minutes to see what was up, he decided to help her retrieve her phone, and then he did everything he could to alert the family that she was missing.

Car 3 was involved with disabling the GPS, and then she and her car vanish with Car 3. How did Car 3 know that there was GPS in the car? Did the paper tags give that away?

There must be more CCTV footage from other businesses in the area that would help to identify Car 3. I hope that was collected early on, although her disappearance wasn't even reported for 3 days and police may have initially thought that she was irresponsible and perhaps voluntarily vanished.

I live locally and I am very familiar with all the areas pertaining to DNV's disappearance .

Thanks for joining the thread to give us a local perspective of things! We have been struggling alot with the route from Dublin's to Shell (reason for going there in the first place - drugs or party at DW house?) and back again and then trying to fit Ollies into the equation just made it super crazy! You cut through all the difficulty in one sentence. Much appreciated! Thanks also for confirming the drug drop aspect of the Shell. That was the suspicion from early in the case due to location and station being closed and relatively dark and the access to multiple highways would make it an easy meet up spot.

Do you have any ideas on where the party train might have been heading if they had picked up drugs and wanted to party for a few more hours? Would they go to somebodies house (maybe DW?) or head to a club or someplace else downtown? What is the party drug of choice in Mobile? Is it Molly, weed, MDMA, speed or something else?

What is still strange about the timeline is that DW left the Shell station and DNV stayed with Car 3 for a period of time. We still know nothing about the person/people in Car 3. The theory about Car 3 being DW returning is somewhat questionable as its unclear whether DW would be able to disable a lojack. Maybe DW went to get a person that knew how to disable a lojack and then returned? We don't know unfortunatley.

Just jumping into this thread as I have caught up and read everything here. My first instinct is that LE needs to scrutinize DW inside and out, up and down, and well, you know. And I'm sure they have already done that. However, seeing news updates with searches on a different property makes me feel that the 3rd car is the culprit, there were 2 people in that car and that is where something happened to DV. I hope we will hear more updates soon. (posting link to search mentioned above, MODS-if not allowed, please delete and I apologize) ***Man arrested after Vian search pleads not guilty to domestic violence charges

Do we know that there were 2 people in Car 3? Asking because this is not something I've heard and it's questioned below so I want to make sure the correct info is being shared.

If all this is the case-that she was waiting for the dealer while DW went to get the phone- really the only thing it tells me is DW is not a suspect. Drug dealer =/= murderer. Obviously yes of course it's possible the drug dealer abducted/murdered her but IMO if she was buying drugs I don't think we can automatically make that jump that the dealer is the one who murdered her. What would the motive be? I guess we haven't gotten too much into motives for anyone yet.
Personally I think everyone who works at Pearl Motors needs to be looked at very closely. I'm still stuck on the fact that it's very odd in the 20ish minutes DNV's car and car 3 were there that someone would have the wherewithal to disable a lojack/gps system in the midst of what I assume was chaos while also taking DNV at her word that she doesn't have her phone with her. If I was worried about being tracked the phone would be the first thing I'd think of.
Did anyone else see the phone at Dublin or did DW find it himself (and we're to just believe that)?

My understanding is that another patron at Dublin saw it on a car in the parking lot & turned it into staff and, when DW got back to Dublin, the staff gave it to him.

I think they were both compelled to get her phone, but only he made it safely to The Dublin to look for the phone.
Thats what doesn't make sense ...if she was supposed to follow him back to Dublins, wouldnt he wait as she pulled out right behind him...not just go speeding off into the distance hoping she cranked up ok and was behind him somewhere? I sure do that if a friend is following me somewhere, even in broad daylight, let alone middle of the night in a scary side of town.

Otto:
Well.......
All I know is that for some reason DW, after being followed by DNV for unknown reasons, he cares about getting her phone...Why??

No rational reason for DNV to follow DW...

According to report DNV was seen leaving Dublins with DW - that's unambiguous language @ who left with whom....

I don't know that DW alerted anyone....he tried to get phone back to DNV - it is odd though that he didn't follow JT advice & take to her place of work...why didn't he?
My impression is he gave no indication of anything all that off about any of it when first contacted JT.....understand it's when she doesn't show up for her shift, and the note on the door of her home is still there it's realized something wrong has happened..

But guess what? DW knew something had gone wrong waaaayy back before that...and did nothing....

Thats what doesn't make sense ...if she was supposed to follow him back to Dublins, wouldnt he wait as she pulled out right behind him...not just go speeding off into the distance hoping she cranked up ok and was behind him somewhere? I sure do that if a friend is following me somewhere, even in broad daylight, let alone middle of the night in a scary side of town.

It sounds like she was right behind him as he left the Shell station - he saw her lights behind him, so he returned to The Dublin, and he assumed that she either took a different route or they were separated.

As he pulled out, another car pulled in, and Danni remained at the Shell station - perhaps involuntarily.

Is the Shell station in a scary side of Mobile?

When did DNV relinquish custody? If JDT had formal legal custody, there would have been a court proceeding. What was the reason for DNV giving up custody? Thanks for any information you can share on the subject.
Some of the early custody litigation is available and offers a slightly different take on the overall situation IMO as it did appear contentious. I'm not sure its within TOS to post these documents? It is also unclear whether DNV had legal support at that time and this is quite unfortunate as its not clear she understood her options from an impartial advisor. It does appear that some custody agreement was reached but the formality of the arrangement is unclear as is whether DNV wanted to change the current situation at the time of her disappearance?

Its probably sufficient to say that DNV was a young single mother of 17/18 years old with all the issues that this entails and was dealing with various personal issues. She wasn't from Mobile, had dropped out of school, had none of her family or former friends close by and probably had next to no support network of local friends yet.

So just trying to create a visual of that period it must have been rough for her at 17/18 to deal first with giving birth and then with the overall situation of caring for an infant. She probably didn't even know how she was going to financially take care of herself let alone an infant. She didn't at the time of the original litigation appear to have a stable partner present and able to assist in a responsible way with childcare and financial assistance so the parent of the birth father was the available option other than foster care if she didn't want her birth family involved. She probably just did the best she could to surive and the custody arrangement, whatever it was, worked and let her get on her feet financially and personally.

it was impossible for her to be 'right behind him'...she hadn't budged...
if we are to believe DW: only thing I can think of is - he wasn't paying much attention...at some point sees headlights in rear view, assumes that's her, headlights veer off onto another street...so he thinks she's turned off course...but he continues....

Timelines say RC/MK left to go to Ollies before DW/DNV. So, the parties separated at some point. I haven't seen where DW ever said that his plan was to go to Ollies, his comment was he was heading home and DNV must have gotten confused and thought he was going to Ollies.
Is it impossible that DNV was following DW to go to his house? We don't know the status of DW marriage or if he wife was away or living elsewhere? Could the plan have been to pick up drugs at Shell and then head to his house to party as nobody else was there (or he invited other people to party and these were the Car 3 people)? I don't think this is an impossible scenario. The disabling of GPS issue remains a question mark and is unexplained in this scenario.

The theory about Car 3 being DW returning is somewhat questionable as its unclear whether DW would be able to disable a lojack. Maybe DW went to get a person that knew how to disable a lojack and then returned? We don't know unfortunatley.

As someone stated earlier, it would be very easy/normal for someone DWs age- also around my age- to google how to disable lojack. I just googled it and a bunch of youtube videos showed up. I don't think that's worth discrediting DW as a suspect, to say well he couldn't have done it because he has no known mechanical knowledge. I do however (sorry for the broken record here!!!) wonder how he would know the car had a lojack system in the first place. Personally I don't think he would.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashley_erin