Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #29

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have seen it posted repeatedly that C.W. said that he disposed of the bodies the way he did to protect Shanann’s reputation. This was not stated in the affidavit, and I have not seen it verified anywhere. Did people just make this up, or did I miss something? I think it’s extremely important that we stick to verified facts.

I'm sorry if I should have caused any more confusion... not my itention. I was 100 % sure that I had read it on an online article. But I need admit that I'm now not sure anymore since I visited so many websites + this forum that I might just have mixed it up in my mind somehow. I think it would be better to delete my post but I dont know how?

Last night I couldn’t quit thinking about these little girls, if they suffered pain and felt fear before they died.

If they were strangled in their sleep, they would have woken up at some point right?

I keep imagining what Shanann might have gone through before she died... did she know her children were dead? Did she witness their murders or see their bodies? Did she suffer any physical pain? She must have been terrified for herself and the girls, and for the life of her unborn baby. I am following WH’s trial right now in Savanna Greywind’s case, so thoughts of Nico and a pregnant mother’s fear and last moments are very fresh on my mind.
If we are tortured by these thoughts then we know the pain and suffering of her family and loved ones is unfathomable. It troubles me to know they see some of the hateful and mean-spirited comments put out across the internet.

If we are tortured by these thoughts then we know the pain and suffering of her family and loved ones is unfathomable. It troubles me to know they see some of the hateful and mean-spirited comments put out across the internet.

(Unacceptable, some people’s cruel, insensitive, unempathetic words and lack of heart, imo.)

I think that is a good guess, but I also wonder if she was killed in the loft area, because of the phone being in the couch?
Maybe after killing her on the bed, CW grabbed her phone sitting on the night table, came out to sit on the sofa, and turned her phone off, then left it there.

Last edited:

Hey, I just realized something, not sure if mentioned.

Earlier there was a discussion about Jennifer K the 7News Reporter, her report stating “several high ranking unnamed sources” (paraphrasing) said that the tanks were full, and this was being question (@MyBelle iirc )

Well check this out,this would be another indication; from the above link:

“Prosecutors have said the girls’ bodies had been submerged for days inside a tank holding crude oil and their mother was buried in a shallow grave.“

Key word, “submerged”:

sub·merge
səbˈmərj/Submit
verb
past tense: submerged; past participle: submerged
cause to be under water.
"houses had been flooded and cars submerged"
synonyms: flood, inundate, deluge, swamp
"the farmland was submerged"
descend below the surface of an area of water.
"the U-boat had had time to submerge"
synonyms: go under water, dive, sink
"the U-boat submerged"
completely cover or obscure.
"the tensions submerged earlier in the campaign now came to the fore"
synonyms: immerse, plunge, sink
"submerge the bowl in water"

-per dictionary.com

I'm sorry you are getting grief. Thank you for spending a tremendous amount of time and energy on this case and sharing it with us!

Thanks for that! I'm not feeling disrespected or offended. This is an emotional case with passionate views and I expressed a highly charged opinion.

You express a highly charged opinion that is based on speculation, you better be ready for it to be challenged.

That's totally legitimate. These posters have an absolute right to challenge me on that. Absolute.

The only thing that chaps my hide is if my words are misconstrued. Otherwise, I respect their right to strongly react to my stated suspicions!

That's only fair.

I wondered that too. And maybe he just stuffed it in between the cushions to deal with later? You know...because he had bodies to load up and he had to get to work and pretend nothing ever happened. So cold. MOO :(

Jumping off this post, the sofa cushions always seem to want to eat the phone. So is it possible that if he didn’t place it there, or it fell down there, that maybe she hid it there? Not sure how this would fit, just a thought. Or there was a struggle there...or did she maybe go to sleep on the couch after their “emotional conversation”?

I think the phone could mean she came up and maybe chilled on the couch. The first thing she would want to do is see the girls, and if they were sleeping, go their rooms and give them a kiss goodnight, “mommy’s home”...

So were they in their beds dead? Or had he already moved them? Or did he kill them after she got home and they got into a HUGE argument? Did he kill them in front of her? After her? I am just so curious as to what direction the Prosecution will take as regards to this, based on whatever potential evidence they have.

Last edited:
Jumping off this post, the second fa cusions always seem to want to eat the phone. So it’s possiblebif he didn’t place it there, or it fell down there, that maybe she hid it there? Not sure how this would fit, just a thought.

I think this means she came up and maybe chilled on the couch. The first thing she would want to do is see the girls, f they were sleeping, go I. Their rooms and give them a kiss goodnight, “mommy’s home”...

So were they in their beds dead? Or had he already moved them?

If she caneup and sat on the couch then no way were they dead first. IMO. The first thing she would've done is check on them.

With all do respect, IMO y’all are stretching here. No prior relationships? No real friendships? Maybe we should ask someone who knew him before we make these assumptions. I personally think we may be trying to fit C.W. into an entirely different box than the one he truly belongs in. JMO

The VI said that SW was his first serious relationship. And there have been other clues that he doesn't have many close friendships , as the ones he has brought up, were actually couples that were friends with both of them, not his own longstanding friendships.

Why the bed torn apart? Certainly he could have gotten a bottom sheet from a cupboard instead of from a bed
Very true.... I've thought of that too. I do believe the bottom fitted sheet was used for a moving of body purpose and that she may have been on it at the time of her passing. Possible the confrontation started in the upstairs loft area after she came up the stairs ( does anyone know if the loft area mentioned in affidavit was an an open area loft looking down into LR?)....phone flew out of her hand & landed between couch cushions.... confrontation continued (and/ or he dragged her) into the bedroom where he ultimately strangled her on the bed. In the back of my mind though, I think her cell phone location never crossed the back of his mind at the time. Probably something he thought he could tie up loose ends when he got home from work on Monday.... and then he would report them missing (Thankful for NA being proactive).

Man give @gitana1 a break. She never said she was getting ready to go file an ethics complaint with the Colorado Bar Association. She stated her opinion on their approach to CW's defense and what she thinks people associated with the defense may be doing. Personally I disagree but I think her opinion is valid and could prove to have merit. Every time we disagree it doesn't have to turn into a sidebar making the person defend themselves for pages.

If you disagree with someone's opinion, offer your own opinion or things they may not have considered. This thread gets thrown off when we obsess about a passing comment or post instead of constructively moving on. It makes the thread hard to follow too.

I think that people kind of trickle into the thread, a few at a time, at different times, see a post, and comment, kind of restirring the pot accidentally. Yesterday someone asked what "snark" meant and the poor thing got a zillion replies that were posted well after it was asked!

Very true.... I've thought of that too. I do believe the bottom fitted sheet was used for a moving of body purpose and that she may have been on it at the time of her passing. Possible the confrontation started in the upstairs loft area after she came up the stairs ( does anyone know if the loft area mentioned in affidavit was an an open area loft looking down into LR?)....phone flew out of her hand & landed between couch cushions.... confrontation continued (and/ or he dragged her) into the bedroom where he ultimately strangled her on the bed. In the back of my mind though, I think her cell phone location never crossed the back of his mind at the time. Probably something he thought he could tie up loose ends when he got home from work on Monday.... and then he would report them missing (Thankful for NA being proactive).
Yes, the loft area was open. I agree with you about the sheet - I wouldn't think he'd risk carrying her to/through the garage without her body being covered. And, it obviously matches the evidence (sheet) found at the recovery site. The rest of your theory about the phone and the struggle also seems very possible. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cdawn