Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #29

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a thought: It not like he couldn't have easily carried her to the bed, stripped off the blankets and top sheets, and wrapped her in the bottom sheet for further transport.
Yes, I think what happened was something along these lines. He mentions in at least one of his video interviews that she was in bed when he left. We know that's not true of course, but it seems very likely that she was on the bed at some point. MOO

Yes, the loft area was open. I agree with you about the sheet - I wouldn't think he'd risk carrying her to/through the garage without her body being covered. And, it obviously matches the evidence (sheet) found at the recovery site. The rest of your theory about the phone and the struggle also seems very possible. MOO
I am very curious if there were bodily fluids when they collected evidence, things let loose while being strangled/after? Also, I learned a disturbing term the other day. Coffin Birth.

When I see this photo I think of The Color Purple is for domestic violence, and the color ties that all the men are wearing.

And then I remember their wedding photographs, the wedding party folks were also purple in that all the men were wearing purple during the wedding. Iirc

Smh

Does Lupus awareness also use the color purple?

If I'm not mistaken, I believe purple is the color for both Lupus and Fibromyalgia. MOO

in my opinion CW did not think he had a lot of time to clean crime scene when he got back from working a shift at work all day and getting calls about where his wife was. Her schedule was high demand, if anything time worked against him. There is zero evidence he killed the girls and waited hours alone with them waiting for her to come home immediately kill her wait another three hours ,not cleaning or getting rid of evidence not staging a scene she left but just sitting waiting and then leave at 515 am. IMO this crime happened at about 4 am the time he usually got up for work noted by many sm posts. It to me happened from her fear of losing everything. She found out about AP. She reacted in the worst way ever by taking the one thing she could do to hurt him. She was losing her home,her income,her security, her image . He was moving on by separation. . He had zero to gain by her murder. No life insurance, no alimony he owed, and Colorado divorce laws distribute fairly.

As to the BBM portion, I respectfully disagree. She already knew about his desire for a separation. And she had already been aware of the likelihood he had an AP. This was not a sudden shock to her.

And I don't believe that she was thinking that she 'losing everything.' If she truly felt that way, she would have been inconsolable, visibly upset and worried, before she arrived back home. Instead, she told people she saw changes in her husband---he was detached and distant. And she told her best friend she would need more support soon because of what she knew was ahead. She didn't cry and freak and say ' oh NO, I'm about to lose everything..'

And I disagree that he had 'nothing to gain' by the murders. He wanted FREEDOM. He wanted to start his life over, without these financial burdens and upcoming custody issues and family responsibilities. In his mind, he had everything to gain. JMO

When I see this photo I think of The Color Purple is for domestic violence, and the color ties that all the men are wearing.

And then I remember their wedding photographs, the wedding party folks were also purple in that all the men were wearing purple during the wedding. Iirc

Smh

Purple is also the color for Lupus which Shanann had. If it was at their wedding it may have been her favorite color as well.

Go Purple for Lupus Awareness Month | Lupus Foundation of America

I can't really respond to that without bringing my own daughter into this. When she was around 3, she was in a public swimming pool when she suddenly noticed the power of the water jets. "Look, Mommy! This feels GOOD!" After that, we had to have a long conversation about what is appropriate public behavior and what isn't. On the one hand, you don't want to shame your child for a very real biological reaction but, on the other hand, you can't have your kid straddling water sprouts everywhere they go.

The fact is, there are lots of nerves down there. The right kind of pressure on that area does feel good; we're partially built that way so that intercourse is enjoyable for us. It is weird seeing a young girl inadvertently discovering that certain things feel "nice"? Yes. It's icky. Does it mean that she is being sexually abused at home or has any kind of disorder? Absolutely not. We talked about this repeatedly with our pediatrician who assured us that this is normal-some female children just "discover" it far earlier than others. I have also spent quite a bit of time on the internet, perusing parenting forums and looking up parents with similar questions. It happens. A lot. Sometimes it's with hot tub jets, other times it's discovered while straddling the armrest of a couch while they're playing "cowgirl." But it happens.

Also...we have a season pass to a public swimming pool on the island in which we own a vacation home. We go several times a week. The pool has a splashpad like this. I see this kind of behavior at least once a day. Seriously, it's pretty normal.

It IS kind of weird, though, even for the parent. Since that first day we had to have that conversation with her, we've had to have a lot more. Now that she's 7 she is finally old enough to really start grasping what we're saying. Now she's totally embarassed by it. To be honest, I kind of miss the toddler "her" who was just innocently playing and didn't realize that she was doing something that others might think of as weird.

Thank you!. Was trying to figure out how to word this and explain. Now i dont have to. In fact, if there WAS sexual abuse i doubt the girls would enjoy the activity of the water spouting up between their legs. In my opinion i would think it would cause them shame n discomfort

It certainly seemed to hold true with the roommate and other friends from NASCAR tech. The roommate said they had not been in touch for years. Not even via FB before CW deleted his profile. I fully understand why no co-workers from Anadarko want to get involved in this but it seems that CW has been gainfully employed most of his adult life. Where are co-workers from other jobs? I’m fully willing to admit I may have missed those people, but I just can’t recall any.
I seem to recall an article where someone from a Ford Dealership talked about CW and SW working there. It's one of those fuzzy memories, though. :p Thread 16 or so? MOO

So your theory is that CW killed CCW first?
No, I have no idea what order he killed. Just that the method may be different because of the way he confessed. He didn't say how Bella died.

He could have killed Bella first by breaking her neck (sorry guys) , and couldn't go through with that for little CeCe.
Or he strangled CeCe first then, couldn't do the same to Bella.

I wonder if all of the "strangulation" of Shannan went on just from behind so he would not get injured by her fighting against him?
Could it be that he offered her a massage (or anything else) after her long flight so that she would sit with her back in front of him while he just took the chance and throttled her to death? In the struggle she than simply lost here phone?

But than there is the word "ultimately" and that implies to me somehow that there was something more going on before she was murdered.
There is a photo of CW mowing the postage stamp-sized lawn and he is pretty muscular. It would be very easy for him to overpower Shannann who was much smaller, and tired and pregnant. MOO. We didn't see any wounds on CW's exposed body/face during his tv interviews that he could have sustained if SW tried defending herself. Hopefully his full body would be checked for scratches etc, and anything else useful for the trial. I don't know if SW had short nails or long acrylic ones but the ME will check for evidence.

Wasn't it the top sheet that was found at the oil site? I'm sorry I don't have a link. I just remember it being that the top sheet was found and it was the FITTED sheet and pillow cases that were in the trashcan. Or am I remembering only speculation? I can't remember what was confirmed as fact.

To me, if the FITTED sheet was found at the oil site it would indicate to me, not only that that's what she was transported in, but also that her murder happened on her bed. Whereas if it was the top sheet she'd been transported in, I could see her having been killed somewhere other than her own bed. And CW just grabbing the top sheet off the master bed to conceal and carry.

All JMO.
It was the topsheet that was found in the trashcan with the pillowcases. Colorado murder case: What we learned from unsealed affidavit - CNN

That's my current theory for explaining the phone's location
(subject to change as we learn more info).
I think he waited in bed for her to come upstairs after she got home, but she went to the girls' rooms to check on them first. I think the girls were already dead and in their beds. I think he saw her on the monitor trying to revive one of the girls-- maybe SW was giving CPR/mouth to mouth or just checking for a pulse.

I think he rushed out to stop her and at the same time SW may have run out of the girl's room yelling for CW and getting her phone out to call 911. They would have met in that area by the couch. I think a struggle happened there and her phone landed in the couch during the struggle. I'm guessing he either overpowered her and got her in the bedroom or maybe she ran for the bedroom (Did they have a landline phone? Maybe by the bed?) and ultimately he strangled her on the bed. Hence the reason he stripped the sheets off the bed.

IMO, that's why he mentions in more than one interview that he saw the girls on the monitor. He did see something happening on the monitor-- SW trying to save them. And that's why he came up with his ridiculous story about seeing SW strangling them. If there is SW's DNA on the girls it will be because she tried to save them. MOO.

But why would he risk having her go in to find the girls dead while he lay in bed?

The thing is, the fact that when he "confessed", he gave a COD, makes me think it's accurate.
He said that he only saw Bella blue though, while specifically stating SW was actively strangling CeCe.
So my speculating mind was working over time and concluded perhaps Bella's COD may not be strangulation.

CW admitted to hiding the bodies and killing her which is what he lied about on tv. Child custody laws in Colorado would not work in any way against him nor guarantee he pay alimony . In fact if she made more money on paper he may not have to pay at all. He also had an AP . People knew they had talked about separating .

Child custody laws would have worked against him if he didn't really want custody or anymore family responsibilities. Maybe he wanted to move forward free and unencumbered?

Quoting myself.
I understand that it is uncomfortable to see this video and the subject matter is very sensitive but little girls and boys will experience things like this, it is normal. I think it is normal albeit not something anyone wants to watch or encourage and perhaps SW and CW overlooked it and didn't clue in at that moment, I wish they had but they didn't. I think it is benign.

In the video, SW tells CW to stop them and he tries somewhat so I think awareness that this wasn’t appropriate can be assumed. But then she posts it on her FB which is where I got it. I’m confused by that. I’ve taken some heat by sharing this video. The majority believe he killed them all. I believe that, too but of course I don’t KNOW. I don’t understand how people can believe he’s capable of murdering his entire family and of having affairs with both sexes but it’s a stretch to believe he was capable of sexual abuse? Of course children explore sexually but at this age? I raised two daughters and have been babysitting my three grandchildren (one girl age 11 and two boys ages 10 and 2) since birth and I’ve never seen them play like that.

I am very curious if there were bodily fluids when they collected evidence, things let loose while being strangled/after? Also, I learned a disturbing term the other day. Coffin Birth.
Very disturbing. IIRC, that's what happened when Laci Peterson's remains were found in SF Bay area. I don't know if SW's body had enough time to build up the gases that would expel the remains?

Last edited:
But why would he risk having her go in to find the girls dead while he lay in bed?

I absolutely agree. There is no way that he would have allowed Shanann to see the bodies of her dead children. Not because he had an ounce of compassion, but because he wouldn’t risk the complete destruction of his plan.

An angry and distraught mother, is a dangerous one.

In the video, SW tells CW to stop them and he tries somewhat so I think awareness that this wasn’t appropriate can be assumed. But then she posts it on her FB which is where I got it. I’m confused by that. I’ve taken some heat by sharing this video. The majority believe he killed them all. I believe that, too but of course I don’t KNOW. I don’t understand how people can believe he’s capable of murdering his entire family and of having affairs with both sexes but it’s a stretch to believe he was capable of sexual abuse? Of course children explore sexually but at this age? I raised two daughters and have been babysitting my three grandchildren (one girl age 11 and two boys ages 10 and 2) since birth and I’ve never seen them play like that.
Just my .02
I think he's capable of just about anything. I just have not seen any facts or evidence that lead me to believe there was any SA, including this video. MOO

I'm sorry if I should have caused any more confusion... not my itention. I was 100 % sure that I had read it on an online article. But I need admit that I'm now not sure anymore since I visited so many websites + this forum that I might just have mixed it up in my mind somehow. I think it would be better to delete my post but I dont know how?
No problem, Little Fleur. Everyone is just speculating what the defense may come up with.

Fact is he got rid of all three bodies because he didn't want to go to prison. So simple.

I believe that than there would have been a lot of panic and screaming! Unlikely nobody would have noticed. I don't think he really would have wanted Shannan to know that their babies were already gone if he had killed them prior her arrival. The chance something could go wrong (Shannan could survive and tell everbody what he did) or spoiling his plans of killing her by putting up a loud fight on her own would have been presumably.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaleyilene01