Welcome To Websleuths # 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well my! @Tippy Lynn this works! I had no idea until just today that if you put somebody's name after that symbol, it would send them an alert into their mailbox without having to reply to a quote that they made. Thank you so much! I wonder if this is new to the server and people found out about it on this thread!

Well my! @Tippy Lynn this works! I had no idea until just today that if you put somebody's name after that symbol, it would send them an alert into their mailbox without having to reply to a quote that they made. Thank you so much! I wonder if this is new to the server and people found out about it on this thread!

This is a new feature since it switched to the new software. :)

Private conversations are "Private" but as you have chosen to discuss our private discussion publicly, perhaps we should mention that you specifically told me you had a Time Out at 4 points (and that is why I said I could only "hazard a guess" at that time). In actual fact, having checked back, you had a 5 point Warning which resulted in your Time out.

Hope that helps clarify that particular point.

Sillybilly
WS Administrator

Thank you SillyBilly. Everything thing you say is correct. Thank you for your hard work. I along with most everyone else appreciate everything you do

This is a welcome thread and I feel the tone of the discussion is not appropriate for a welcome thread.

Therefore if you want to discuss anything to do with the banning or timeout system or you have complaints about how we run things then you must go to THIS THREAD in the parking lot to discuss,

I will be moving many posts to this new thread.

I am thinking this forum needs to be divided into subjects.

If I am looking for help on a particular topic, how can it be found among all the pages and posts in “Welcome to Websleuths”?

Several examples:
1. On the previous page, Marguerita discusses the number of Likes Received on the new site and how to go back to check your number from the old sight that didn’t carry over. Great Information. As many of us may not use that info or save it at the moment, how do we find it at a later date? Search has never been user friendly to me.

2. Another example is the ongoing questions regarding timeouts, points, mods letting us know when we get a TO, etc. There are pages of half answers if we were to Search, but nothing addressing the entire working system.

Does anyone have a suggestion? TIA.
This is an excellent idea. It is something I will attempt to do, however, my time is limited. I will do my best to get this done.

@Tricia & Dave (I tried to tag WSadmin but it didn't work) I'm seeing ads with scantily clad women. Guessing that's probably not your preference so wanted to call your attention to it. Including screenshot.

upload_2018-9-20_12-1-28.png

@WS Admin I have problems selecting text paragraphs in threads since updating to iOS 12 (iPhone 8). It works in e-mails, other forums, everywhere, just not here. Text is selected randomly or the complete text is selected instead of the paragraph I want. Basically, I can‘t properly create threads moving text around or selecting a single text paragraph to add quotes. The second issue is copying images from Facebook which are always inserted twice, so I have to manually delete one instance (this has always been a problem since xenforo was introduced). Any ideas?

Anyone else having this problem?

@WS Admin I have problems selecting text paragraphs in threads since updating to iOS 12 (iPhone 8). It works in e-mails, other forums, everywhere, just not here. Text is selected randomly or the complete text is selected instead of the paragraph I want. Basically, I can‘t properly create threads moving text around or selecting a single text paragraph to add quotes. The second issue is copying images from Facebook which are always inserted twice, so I have to manually delete one instance (this has always been a problem since xenforo was introduced). Any ideas?

Anyone else having this problem?

If I understand right, this happens to me if I have not selected the text before opening the reply box. IPad user here.

For instance, now that I am typing in the box if I go back to a post I want to quote part of, it will not let me copy text now.

If I understand right, this happens to me if I have not selected the text before opening the reply box. IPad user here.

For instance, now that I am typing in the box if I go back to a post I want to quote part of, it will not let me copy text now.
That is yet another issue on iOS and xenforo. I am using a workaround for that one, lol. If I click on Save Draft, it will let me go back to previous posts and select text.

My main issue is when I create a thread or reply and want to select a paragraph or portion of what I wrote to remove it, copy/paste, add quotes or format it any other way, it won‘t let me do that.

Right now, I wanted to select ”Save Draft“ above to make it bold, but I couldn’t mark these two words only. Instead, it automatically selects the complete paragraph like this:
CFCE61CB-C01F-49D3-8583-E2050D3D7C16.jpeg

This only happens since upgrading to iOS 12.

I know how to bring a link over from a closed thread, but how do bring a quote over from a closed thread?

Find the post you want to quote, click on the post # in the bottom right hand corner, then copy & paste the URL into your reply in the current thread you are posting in.

Find the post you want to quote, click on the post # in the bottom right hand corner, then copy & paste the URL into your reply in the current thread you are posting in.

Please read the post again. That was not the OP's question. The OP specifically said they know how to bring a link over from a closed thread. The question was how do they quote the post in a closed thread. The correct answer is, they can't. It's impossible, unless they already got the quote before the thread was closed. In which case that quote could be pasted into a new post on the new thread.

Please read the post again. That was not the OP's question. The OP specifically said they know how to bring a link over from a closed thread. The question was how do they quote the post in a closed thread. The correct answer is, they can't. It's impossible, unless they already got the quote before the thread was closed. In which case that quote could be pasted into a new post on the new thread.

Sorry for not getting it first time around.

On the post in the closed thread, click on "Reply". Then right click with your mouse and choose "Select All", then right click again and select "Copy", then just bring it into your reply in the new thread and click "Paste".

Sorry for not getting it first time around.

On the post in the closed thread, click on "Reply". Then right click with your mouse and choose "Select All", then right click again and select "Copy", then just bring it into your reply in the new thread and click "Paste".
On posts in a closed thread, the option to *click on "Reply"* is not available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong