Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very interesting question. All I remember is AB's diagram, where he had to drive past his work place to the desecration site, then double back to the work site. That's why I always wonder if LE interviewed those guys who presumably saw him just minutes after he dumped the kids in toxic crude. (Sorry to meander, probably someone from that area can give you a good answer about route to airport). IMO

Regarding what I said about seeing the map on AB, I can't find it. But he traveled from Frederick, passed Hudson, and went to Roggen.

"Following that conversation, according to the affidavit, Chris Watts made the claim that his wife had killed their daughters and that he had subsequently killed her, according to the affidavit. Then, it said, he loaded the bodies into the back seat of his work truck and took them to an Anadarko petroleum well site a little more than three miles north of Roggen in Weld County.

There, he told officers that he buried Shanann Watts and dumped the girls’ bodies into oil tanks, according to the affidavit." Affidavit: Chris Watts claimed wife killed daughters, then he killed her

Anyway, use google maps, put in hudson and Roggen, you can see that he drove east of Frederick, passed Hudson where he (IIRC) worked, kept going roughly NE to Roggen, desecrated them, returned to Hudson to work. IIRC

Google Maps

IMO
Thanks for looking, @NuttMegg. I might have misunderstood your post, thinking the diagram was something else. If it was a map, I don't need that. I'm really more interested in finding the article, video or whatever it is that mentions the witnesses who may have seen him near the recovery site. Was this on AB? If so, I'm trying to catch up on those videos, maybe I'll run across it.

MOO

What i find interesting is how he disposed of the bodies.....there must be a reason he took the time and effort to bury SW instead of placing her in the tanks with the girls. I feel sick just typing that about 2 innocent little girls....

Not sure if that has been discussed or adressed yet but there is no way I can go back through every thread to catch up on what has been covered!

Apparently she wouldn't fit into the opening of the tank.

Denver 7 Video Transcript
Video: Chris Watts pleads for kids, wife to return day before his arrest in their murders

Chris Watts

1:07 – 1:30 – Right now its they’ve got K-9 units, the Sheriff’s Dept., everybody’s like, they’re doing their best right now to figure out if they can get a scent, see where they went, if they went on foot if they went in a car, if they went somewhere. And right now it’s just like, they’ve been on point, they’re going through the house trying to get a scent and hopefully they can pick something up to where it’s going to lead to something.

1:35 -2:13 – She came home from the airport at 2 a.m. and I left around 5:15, she was still here. And about 12:10 that afternoon her friend showed up at the door, like I had texted Shanann a couple times that day, called her to say, hey, you know, but she never got back to me. But she wasn’t getting back to any of her people as well, and that’s what really concerned a lot of people, is like if she’s not getting back to me that’s fine, she gets busy during the day, but she didn’t get back to her people which is really concerning. And Nicole called me when she was at the door and that’s when I came home and then walked in the house and nothing, just vanished, nothing was here.

2:14 – 2:17 – I mean she wasn’t here, the kids weren’t here, nobody was here.

2:22 – “Bella and Celeste”

2:30 2:33 – “Bella’s 4 and Celeste is 3.”

2:37 – 3:01 – “I called her 3 times, texted her about three times just to say, you know, what’s going on. Like after I called her and texted her once it was like, maybe she was just busy, she had just gotten back, you know. Like everybody’s probable calling her from her trip you know. She just got back from Arizona and I figured she was just busy, but when her friend showed up that’s when it just registered -- like alright, this isn’t right.”

3:04 (Tomas asks, “Do you think she just took off?”)

3:06 – 3:49 – I mean right now I don’t even want to just like throw anything out there, like I hope that she’s somewhere safe right now and with the kids, but I mean could she have van…could she have just taken off, I don’t know, but if someone has her and they’re not safe I’ll want them back now. Like, that’s, that, that’s what’s in my head is like, if they’re safe right now, they’re gonna come back, but if they’re not safe right now that’s the not knowing part, like if they’re not safe. Last night I was, I had every light in the house on, I was hoping that I would just get just ran over by the kids running in the door and just like barrel rushing me, but it didn’t happen and it was just a traumatic night trying to be here.”

3:54 3:55 – (Stutters) I mean, er, I mean my kids are my life.

3:56 - 4:46 – I mean those smiles light up my life. And it’s like, I mean last night, like during like at like you know when they usually eat dinner, it was just like I miss them. Like, I mean I miss the telling them like you got to eat that, like or you’re not going to get your dessert, or just, like you’re not going to get your snack, after, you know (laughs). I miss that, like I miss them cuddled up on their couches, they have like a Minnie Mouse couch and a Sofia couch that like they cuddle up on or watch you know Bubble Guppies or something and it was just like you know, I miss, I was (sigh), it was tearing me apart last night and I needed that, I needed that last night and for them, for nobody to be here last night and to go into their rooms and not, and know that I wasn’t going to turn their rain machines on and know that I wasn’t going to turn their monitor on and know I wasn’t going to kiss them to bed tonight it was, (sigh) it was, I, I, that’s why last night was just horrible.

4:46 – 4:55 I couldn’t do it, I just, (laugh), I want everybody just to come home. Like, wherever they’re at, just come home. That’s what I want.

4:55 – 5:24 – Tomas moving camera, Chris explaining just timeline of when she was supposed to get home, flight delayed, when she got home at 1:48, got home, got to bed at 2.

5:36 – I left for work early that morning, like 5:15 to 5:30, so like, she bbarely I mean, she barely got, barely gotten into bed pretty much.

5:46 – 5:50 (Tomas – I know this might be a tough question, but did you guys get into an argument or anything before she left?)

5:51 – 5:55 – It wasn’t like an argument, we had an emotional conversation but I’ll leave it at that.

5:55 – 6:01 – “But it’s, sigh, I just want them back (smiles and laughs) I just want them to come back.”

6:02 – 6:14 – And if, if they’re not safe right now, that’s what’s tearing me apart, because if they are safe, they’re coming back, but if they’re not, this, this, this has got to stop, like this, somebody has to come forward.”

6:38 – 6:46 – Colorado is, I mean, um, you can’t just drive around and look, I mean it’s just like, you wouldn’t really know what you were looking for that’s what the cops pretty much told me.

6:46 – 6:50 – That first day I was like I want to get out and drive around and they were like you wouldn’t know what to look for.

7:02 – 7:33 – Right now this is, what they’re doing right now is with the K9 and the scents, I think this is the biggest thing they’ve done so far because yesterday they had, Fredrick police dept, they had all the searching of the house and try to guide out whatever information they could and with the detectives, officers, sergeants, and today its, I mean, obviously with all the activity that’s around, its, its, its, there’s a lot going on around here and I really hope that all this can lead to something positive.

7:51 – 7:56 (Tomas: “If your wife could see this, if she could watch this, what would you like to tell your wife?)

7:56 – Shanann, Bella, Celeste, if you’re out there, just come back, like if somebody has her, just please bring her back, I need to see everybody, I need to see everybody, again, this house is not complete without anybody here. Please bring them back.

Thank you for this! I notice something new every time I look at his interviews. With this reading I noticed he says "Last night I was, I had every light in the house on". I wonder if that's true and he was concerned that maybe the neighbors noticed that all the lights were on? Was he up late scrubbing floors and cleaning? We know he cleaned well enough nothing was visible to the naked eye on the well-check walk through with NAU but he had to have known the police would be back with a forensics team. I wonder if there was the smell of bleach anywhere when they went back with the dogs?

I think it is in everyone’s best interest to have no trial.

What would he plead guilty to? Killing SW? Killing them all? Would they accept a plea of just killing SW?

Would they accept a non premeditated?

If he has to plead premediatated, is that LWOP?

What if he gets a non premeditated, what would the sentence be!
I think these questions have been answered by one of our verified attorneys, but maybe we can get one of them to explain again. @gitana1, @Mrspratcher, @Amandaaa.

MOO

Thanks for looking, @NuttMegg. I might have misunderstood your post, thinking the diagram was something else. If it was a map, I don't need that. I'm really more interested in finding the article, video or whatever it is that mentions the witnesses who may have seen him near the recovery site. Was this on AB? If so, I'm trying to catch up on those videos, maybe I'll run across it.

MOO
This is a misunderstanding, my fault. What I meant is that he must have been seen by co-workers upon arrival back at the Hudson work site, and I hoped that LE had questioned them, assuming he had co workers there. He could have had oil on him (before work), could have been jumpy, whatever. Anyway that's what I meant. I probably should have said "shortly" instead of "minutes" after. IMO Also, a co worker could have seen that he was returning to work from the Roggen direction, not FR.

Denver 7 Video Transcript
Video: Chris Watts pleads for kids, wife to return day before his arrest in their murders

Chris Watts

1:07 – 1:30 – Right now its they’ve got K-9 units, the Sheriff’s Dept., everybody’s like, they’re doing their best right now to figure out if they can get a scent, see where they went, if they went on foot if they went in a car, if they went somewhere. And right now it’s just like, they’ve been on point, they’re going through the house trying to get a scent and hopefully they can pick something up to where it’s going to lead to something.

1:35 -2:13 – She came home from the airport at 2 a.m. and I left around 5:15, she was still here. And about 12:10 that afternoon her friend showed up at the door, like I had texted Shanann a couple times that day, called her to say, hey, you know, but she never got back to me. But she wasn’t getting back to any of her people as well, and that’s what really concerned a lot of people, is like if she’s not getting back to me that’s fine, she gets busy during the day, but she didn’t get back to her people which is really concerning. And Nicole called me when she was at the door and that’s when I came home and then walked in the house and nothing, just vanished, nothing was here.

2:14 – 2:17 – I mean she wasn’t here, the kids weren’t here, nobody was here.

2:22 – “Bella and Celeste”

2:30 2:33 – “Bella’s 4 and Celeste is 3.”

2:37 – 3:01 – “I called her 3 times, texted her about three times just to say, you know, what’s going on. Like after I called her and texted her once it was like, maybe she was just busy, she had just gotten back, you know. Like everybody’s probable calling her from her trip you know. She just got back from Arizona and I figured she was just busy, but when her friend showed up that’s when it just registered -- like alright, this isn’t right.”

3:04 (Tomas asks, “Do you think she just took off?”)

3:06 – 3:49 – I mean right now I don’t even want to just like throw anything out there, like I hope that she’s somewhere safe right now and with the kids, but I mean could she have van…could she have just taken off, I don’t know, but if someone has her and they’re not safe I’ll want them back now. Like, that’s, that, that’s what’s in my head is like, if they’re safe right now, they’re gonna come back, but if they’re not safe right now that’s the not knowing part, like if they’re not safe. Last night I was, I had every light in the house on, I was hoping that I would just get just ran over by the kids running in the door and just like barrel rushing me, but it didn’t happen and it was just a traumatic night trying to be here.”

3:54 3:55 – (Stutters) I mean, er, I mean my kids are my life.

3:56 - 4:46 – I mean those smiles light up my life. And it’s like, I mean last night, like during like at like you know when they usually eat dinner, it was just like I miss them. Like, I mean I miss the telling them like you got to eat that, like or you’re not going to get your dessert, or just, like you’re not going to get your snack, after, you know (laughs). I miss that, like I miss them cuddled up on their couches, they have like a Minnie Mouse couch and a Sofia couch that like they cuddle up on or watch you know Bubble Guppies or something and it was just like you know, I miss, I was (sigh), it was tearing me apart last night and I needed that, I needed that last night and for them, for nobody to be here last night and to go into their rooms and not, and know that I wasn’t going to turn their rain machines on and know that I wasn’t going to turn their monitor on and know I wasn’t going to kiss them to bed tonight it was, (sigh) it was, I, I, that’s why last night was just horrible.

4:46 – 4:55 I couldn’t do it, I just, (laugh), I want everybody just to come home. Like, wherever they’re at, just come home. That’s what I want.

4:55 – 5:24 – Tomas moving camera, Chris explaining just timeline of when she was supposed to get home, flight delayed, when she got home at 1:48, got home, got to bed at 2.

5:36 – I left for work early that morning, like 5:15 to 5:30, so like, she bbarely I mean, she barely got, barely gotten into bed pretty much.

5:46 – 5:50 (Tomas – I know this might be a tough question, but did you guys get into an argument or anything before she left?)

5:51 – 5:55 – It wasn’t like an argument, we had an emotional conversation but I’ll leave it at that.

5:55 – 6:01 – “But it’s, sigh, I just want them back (smiles and laughs) I just want them to come back.”

6:02 – 6:14 – And if, if they’re not safe right now, that’s what’s tearing me apart, because if they are safe, they’re coming back, but if they’re not, this, this, this has got to stop, like this, somebody has to come forward.”

6:38 – 6:46 – Colorado is, I mean, um, you can’t just drive around and look, I mean it’s just like, you wouldn’t really know what you were looking for that’s what the cops pretty much told me.

6:46 – 6:50 – That first day I was like I want to get out and drive around and they were like you wouldn’t know what to look for.

7:02 – 7:33 – Right now this is, what they’re doing right now is with the K9 and the scents, I think this is the biggest thing they’ve done so far because yesterday they had, Fredrick police dept, they had all the searching of the house and try to guide out whatever information they could and with the detectives, officers, sergeants, and today its, I mean, obviously with all the activity that’s around, its, its, its, there’s a lot going on around here and I really hope that all this can lead to something positive.

7:51 – 7:56 (Tomas: “If your wife could see this, if she could watch this, what would you like to tell your wife?)

7:56 – Shanann, Bella, Celeste, if you’re out there, just come back, like if somebody has her, just please bring her back, I need to see everybody, I need to see everybody, again, this house is not complete without anybody here. Please bring them back.
Thank you!

It sure is!! And that makes total sense. I like to complicate things and wondered if it had to do with his “version” of events, such as a psychological decision to bury SW away from her daughters. What you and ray9898 stated makes more sense.

Thank you for this! I notice something new every time I look at his interviews. With this reading I noticed he says "Last night I was, I had every light in the house on". I wonder if that's true and he was concerned that maybe the neighbors noticed that all the lights were on? Was he up late scrubbing floors and cleaning? We know he cleaned well enough nothing was visible to the naked eye on the well-check walk through with NAU but he had to have known the police would be back with a forensics team. I wonder if there was the smell of bleach anywhere when they went back with the dogs?
IIRC we had discussed that several threads ago. That possibly the reason he had every light in the house on so if neighbors/or anyone were watching, they wouldn't be able to tell what room he was actually in if he was "cleaning up".

I was looking for something specific, and looking at Old articles and came across this. I did not realize that the neighbor two doors down goes to work at 3:30 in the morning? I had not seen that. Only the neighbor that was going to work out early in the morning. Interesting. And perhaps he wasn't going to work that day of the killings, but he was this Monday morning in the article.

Frederick coping, uniting, after triple homicide

For C****** H********, who lives two doors down from the Watts home, the presence of news crews serves as a constant reminder of what happened.

"People are just parked outside all the time," she said. "It reminds me of it every day."

While she, too, knows people are doing their jobs, it's clear the large media presence has been a stress on the neighborhood.

H's husband left for work at 3:30 a.m. Monday and television news vans were already outside, setting up for the morning broadcast. H* has come home to find her driveway blocked by cars, leaving her to figure out if the vehicles belonged to reporters or visitors to the memorial...

Wow, great find - very thorough article. I don't think I've seen that before and have added it to the media thread. Thanks! :)

MOO

Someone mentioned on a previous thread (I'm sorry I can't find the post and I'm paraphrasing here) about how possibly their relationship began to deteriorate after they began selling Thrive and doing all the videos. IMO this may be true. This is by no means an excuse for what CW did and I'm not blaming SW at all. In fact, I think they were both equal participants. Despite CW passiveness, he could have, at any time said "lets put the camera/video away". As far as the Santa video, he could have easily said something like "lets get someone else to dress up as Santa because I want to be there as Dad, the girls will be confused wondering where I am and I don't want to do that". IMO his extreme passiveness and inability to speak up led to some of their marital problems. JMO

Has LE said when they were killed? They know that he dumped them at the same time, but is it in the affidavit, when they were killed?
Do we know that the bodies were left at the same time? I know that they were found together, but did he say (I'm looking for affidavit) he left them at same time? Has that been established?

Last edited:
That was my first thought too (cleaning). But, I really don't think there would have been much to clean. If it were me, I think I would have been packing, lol. I don't know. ?

MOO

Someone mentioned on a previous thread (I'm sorry I can't find the post and I'm paraphrasing here) about how possibly their relationship began to deteriorate after they began selling Thrive and doing all the videos. IMO this may be true. This is by no means an excuse for what CW did and I'm not blaming SW at all. In fact, I think they were both equal participants. Despite CW passiveness, he could have, at any time said "lets put the camera/video away". As far as the Santa video, he could have easily said something like "lets get someone else to dress up as Santa because I want to be there as Dad, the girls will be confused wondering where I am and I don't want to do that". IMO his extreme passiveness and inability to speak up led to some of their marital problems. JMO
Could be, but if he has a passive personality it would probably leak into all of his relationships, not just with SW.

Remember, our VI confirmed that SW knew about CW’s desire to separate before her trip; however, she may not have known about the AP until she returned home. MOO
Also IMO if it did happen when she got home why would he wait three hours before leaving ? He left earlier than usual anyway at @5:22. Why not leave at 3:00? He would have had more time to dispose of bodies. And some time to stage the house . IMO he didn’t sit in the house for three hours with the dead bodies not even attempting to gather her purse and phone to dispose of . If it happened between 4-5 am IMO fits the timeline they were used to getting up. Thus a heated discussion time possibly about the other woman the 2am time and her sleeping on couch upset.

Do we know that the bodies were left at the same time? I know that they were found together, but did he say (I'm looking for affidavit) he left them at some time? Has that been established?
Forgive me for replying without links, but IIRC he told LE he loaded the bodies in his pickup, but I'm not sure if he actually stated it was all at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member