Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jumping off your post. Those words, this has to stop, have haunted me. That was the only interview I watched. After it ended, I cried, and told the SO that he killed them. I know I'm not the only one who said those words after just one interview, many mutual friends said the same.

However, I am open to hearing all sides, all theories....a few I've seen are pretty far fetched, but some may have some merit. Bottom line though, he DID confess, so he is at least guilty of two murders. I believe he also killed the girls, but, throw those theories out, let's hear them!

Mooooooo
I believe CW killed them all. I just want to know why he did it, even if it will never make sense. What makes a man do this?

We have a VI who hasn't defended SW's behavior and actions prior to the murders, but nobody has come forward with any negative thoughts towards CW's character prior to this. This alone makes me question everyone and everything. People don't typically just snap and kill their whole family without any warning signs. There has to be way more to this than CW wanting out to have a fresh start with his AP party. jmo

There seem to have been a number of male perps of familicide who didn't show warning signs to the rest of the world.

I can't see that either of them showed any signs they could kill their children.

CW has shown signs after-the-fact that he was the sole perp.

I believe CW killed them all. I just want to know why he did it, even if it will never make sense. What makes a man do this?
When people kill close relatives: Explaining 'family annihilators'
"There is a term for people who kill their entire family; they're called family annihilators," ABC News contributor and former FBI agent Brad Garrett said. "Just because people look OK on the outside doesn't mean in reality they are."

Family annihilators tend to be white men in their 30s, he said.

Family annihilators "are driven to kill their family for a number of reasons," Garrett said. "Many times it's for financial problems. And the belief is that men, in particular, will kill their family because they have lost their ability to support them. And it gets into the male ego identity.

More at the link.
MOO

The thing that is IMO to be fundamental about our judicial system is you are innocent until proven guilty. There can be theories on everything until we get more physical evidence. This case is unique bc we have a victim which is also a Suspect. As of now we have heard nothing about physical evidence that implicated either CW or SW to killing the girls. A juror is supposed to be impartial to what defense may offer. I am interested in all those theories bc this crime does not add up. He had moved on absolutely nothing to gain by killing her and kids. He can be portrayed as verbally abused and she has admitted the need for mood support on her Sm. She had everything to lose imo . The motive puts her subject to be the killer imo

BBM
This case is unique bc we have a victim which is also a Suspect.

This is factually untrue. What we have: is a victim who has been accused by her killer.

Also untrue: “he had moved on.” - umm “moving on” is more than just having a secret affair partner or multiple hook-ups. “Moving on” would require he legally “move-on,” you know- the whole dissolution of marriage thing.

And the “who had more to lose” is a personal opinion.

MOO: Some people are co-dependents who get caught up in the “sunk cost” trap. Other people IMO, like SW, have better self-awareness. They know who “they”are. They know their self worth. They are the ones who fall 99 times and get up 100. She was better than him.

“When the going got tough”: he went outside the marriage. He lied. He cheated. (He apparently was willing to expose SW and Nico to potential STD’s). SW though, she got going, by earning more. She Networked. And she made a concerted effort to show affection to C.W.

Stuff like this, really makes you take a long hard look at everyone you know, huh? They were living the dream! A dream Shanann never thought she could have, I assume CW felt the same. Then poof, gone.

All I can say is that someone was looking down on NUA that afternoon because LE had already arrived by the time CW drove up. Who knows what would have happened if he asked her to go into the house with him.

.aaaaand.. she was with the police for some time before he got there so she could give background on what she thought was going on, free late telling the police some background but she might not have been able to do if he was there at the time. I'm looking forward to seeing that on the Axiom cameras as I assume this police department has them and they are required to turn them on when they come to a call.

I could be wrong, but my perception of CW doesn't fit. My perception could change drastically once more information is known. jmo

Well, how not?

He was known to be a devoted, loyal family man, good dad.

He had no known mental health issues or criminal history.

He was having an affair.

The family was having possible financial issues. (Not sure).

He doesn't seem to have any super close friends of his own outside of couples that were friends with both of them.

He was quiet. An introvert.

According to multiple people on here and the VI, he wanted out of his marriage and felt frustrated in it by SW. Which seems to fit "frustrated and inadequate".

The only thing that doesn't seem to fit is he isn't really middle aged.

I mean that's about it. The characteristics are pretty general and can apply to so many normal people. Which is what is so remarkable about these cases. They occur with no warning among normal families.

We likely will never have an adequate answer. No one has adequately answered that in almost any of the murder cases that occur among seemingly normal families that aren't beset by mental health issues or doesmtic violence histories.

I mean if either of those were present we wouldn't have to ask I guess.

What you've said about a self-defense claim. Surely the whole point of that would be that murder was necessary in order to get help for the children? Which he never did, instead he took their bodies down to his truck, drove them to the oil site and dumped their bodies in tanks.

Then he said that they'd all 'vanished'. Like, as if by magic, everyone in the house just 'vanished' into thin air.

Very, very strange. Her car was in the garage, her keys, purse, phone and kiddies medications were all in the house, the garage door had been deactivated, the latch was on the front door and the sliding door was locked. Vanished, like magic.

Last edited:
Good morning, Chi. Glad to see that you're still following along. I ran across this video recently and it really sums it all up nicely. Take a look if you get a chance. :)
In the beginning, with all his weird behavior.
One of the things that made my hinky-meter go off (there were so, so, so many things).
It was him saying, "I know I wasn't gonna be turning their monitor on, I know I wasn't going to be kissing them to bed tonight".
Well... My, My, My

Then he said that they'd all 'vanished'. Like, as if by magic, everyone in the house just 'vanished' into thin air.
Snipped by me.
FWIW I noticed in one of his porch interviews IIRC before he said "ghost town" he started to say the word "vanished" but instead caught himself & said something else. I thought that was interesting. Not sure what it might mean, but interesting IMO.

Yes they do. Perhaps they don't "snap". These murders are typically planned. But they most certainly do suddenly murder their whole families with no forewarning.

The list of family annihilators has been repeated ad nauseum.

The worst thing about these cases is that indeed, there are really never any signs beforehand and there is no way to predict them.

These aren't men with previously noted issues.

I'm confused why some keep insisting this kind of thing doesn't exist. While rare, it does indeed happen:

"Older children [not infants] however, are more likely to be killed by their father and there is often little or no evidence that such men have an identifiable mental illness.

Researchers point to the fact that they are virtually all premeditated and typically executed with a chilling calmness and sense of purpose. This is particularly true in the case of ’family annihilations’ as they are referred to by psychiatrists, where the father not only kills his children but his partner and usually himself.

It is the calculating nature of these family annihilations that people often find so hard to understand.

US research shows that family annihilators rarely have a criminal record and will often appear to others as stable, trustworthy and dedicated to their family.

The typical profile of a family annihilator is a middle-aged man, a good provider who appears dedicated, devoted and loyal to his family. However, he is usually quite socially isolated, with few friends and with profound feelings of frustration and inadequacy."

What drives a father to kill?

This is what makes me wonder if he was calm and quiet when he enacted his terror in that house. Maybe he didn't even ambush SW, perhaps they did have a calm conversation and that's when he made up his mind to do it and waited until she had gone to sleep... Still so many questions.

All IMO

Snipped by me.
FWIW I noticed in one of his porch interviews IIRC before he said "ghost town" he started to say the word "vanished" but instead caught himself & said something else. I thought that was interesting. Not sure what it might mean, but interesting IMO.
In one of the interviews, didn't he also start to say, "She wouldn't let me..." and his voice trailed off?

In the beginning, with all his weird behavior.
One of the things that made my hinky-meter go off (there were so, so, so many things).
It was him saying, "I know I wasn't gonna be turning their monitor on, I know I wasn't going to be kissing them to bed tonight".
Well... My, My, My
Um...yeah. I'm pretty sure that set off some hinky meters with LE.
MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member