Found Deceased NC - Maddox Ritch, 6 w/Autism, Gastonia, 22 Sept 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
The temps that Gastonia is having now are survivable. Lower 60s to mid at night and in 80s during the day. With what hes wearing though doesn't afford him much protection from the cold and prolonged contact with lower 60s can bring on hypothermia. (sandals, thin fabric shorts and tee shirt) Its going to rain I think tomorrow and day after which is not good. Kids seem to hide in and under things. If...if hes at the park or took off lost and still alive and not in the water, then hes going to be very hard to locate in time.

The father looks to the left a lot and was referencing the evening instead of day. Normally Id say looks fishy but for some reason I think he was talking with friends for longer than hes saying and the child had more time to actually walk, run off. I think he let himself be distracted for awhile by who he was with (other adult/adults). Forgot to pay attention to where the child was and that was that. The trail from what I'm hearing is in view from far distance. I'm thinking his father let him out of his site for 5 minutes or more. Just my feeling about it. Hes feeling very guilty. Understood he would feel that way.

He accidentally said the evening so there has to be something that happened the evening before the child went missing hes feeling bad about or that may have occurred that has that time frame deeply engraved in his mind that came out while freely speaking. I wonder what that is. Could be something hes feeling very guilty about but may have or not have been associated with the childs disappearance. That happens when something is firmly engraved in your mind, thinking about it alot and you arent paying attention to what your saying later. It pops out when it shouldn't.

So they used thermal imaging from planes and didn't find him. I have had the pleasure of seeing videos posted of thermal imaging- Noah Chamberlain's case was the first time I saw it- if the child is alive at all, he will show up a different color, no matter where he is. I saw a bunny hop and other critters scurry around, and some were very very small- chipmunks, I gather, but you could see them moving around, and they were in heavy duty brush areas.

I've kept quiet about my thoughts on this, but I feel I can't anymore. If they truly used thermal imaging and they have not found him, but they think he's still in the park, then sadly, this is a recovery search at this time, unless he was abducted and is simply not in that park at all.

Does anybody else get the feeling that this employee made the 911 call on his own? A) He doesn't know "the kids name"---if dad had asked him to make the call, one would think dad would provide his son's name to the person making the call. B) The dispatcher asks twice to speak to the parents, and the employee seemed like he wasn't anywhere near them when he was making the call...also C) 30 or 40 minutes? Maybe an hour? Really? I would NOT wait that long to report a 6 year old child missing at a park with a lake in it! Let alone an autistic child!! That call is not sitting right with me....at all! Of course, it's all JMO. :)

So they used thermal imaging from planes and didn't find him. I have had the pleasure of seeing videos posted of thermal imaging- Noah Chamberlain's case was the first time I saw it- if the child is alive at all, he will show up a different color, no matter where he is. I saw a bunny hop and other critters scurry around, and some were very very small- chipmunks, I gather, but you could see them moving around, and they were in heavy duty brush areas.

I've kept quiet about my thoughts on this, but I feel I can't anymore. If they truly used thermal imaging and they have not found him, but they think he's still in the park, then sadly, this is a recovery search at this time, unless he was abducted and is simply not in that park at all.

My guess is he's in the water. He would've drowned quickly and quietly and he probably wouldn't show up on thermal imaging.

Kids with autism plus water is a deadly mix.

Reuben Jones‏ @ReubenJones1

'Police are using drones to try and find #MaddoxRitch. It’s technology the Iredel County Sheriff’s Office has used in missing person cases before. I tagged along to find out how it works. Story at noon on @SpecNewsCLT #FINDMADDOX'

View attachment 148673 View attachment 148674 View attachment 148675

Reuben Jones on Twitter
I just posted above about their use of thermal imaging, and here's your post showing that it has been going on- thank you!

I so want to be wrong, I truly do, but I do not feel like he's in that park alive.

One of Ritch’s parents and two other adults were walking on the back side of the lake at the park when Maddox took off running and got out of their sight, police told Fox 46. When the group of adults wasn’t quickly able to locate the boy, they called 911.

Three adults and none of them could catch him or locate him
What the heck? The story keeps changing. First there was the father, and one unknown adult, now there is the father,and two other unknown adults.
Plus a 911 call stating the (parents) are there looking for Maddox.
I think when it comes to a missing child these things would absolutely crucial in helping this sweet innocent, defenceless child.

Trying to catch up from beginning and have a quick question: When was Maddox last seen by his mother?
The only information that I can tell you is this- the FBI are very protective in her. She is under the care of a victim counselor. She was not there the day Maddox went missing.

They have not stated, to my knowledge, the last time that she saw Maddox.

What the heck? The story keeps changing. First there was the father, and one unknown adult, now there is the father,and two other unknown adults.
Plus a 911 call stating the (parents) are there looking for Maddox.
I think when it comes to a missing child these things would absolutely crucial in helping this sweet innocent, defenceless child.

They could be talking about the Dad, whoever he was with, and the jogger that it was mentioned Maddox was running behind. It didn't specifically say that there were 2 other adults WITH the dad. Just that thy were in that area with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cevans