Identified! NV - Washoe Co., WhtFem 156UFNV, 25-35, Sheep's Flat Trail, Jul'82 - Mary Edith Silvani

BBM for focus
That may be true for some, but investigators in my state recently solved a 36 year old murder case. It wasn't for lack of interest that it took so long, but lack of evidence or anything solid to go on. The victim's family also kept on the case, reminding them.
I also think BG's investigators are interested in solving her murder. They never gave up on identifying her, either.
As for the rest, you may be right, but I think it may be unfair to generalize.

I'm not saying they wouldn't solve it if they could. I'm saying they are not going to devote any substantial amount of time to trying to solve a 40 year old case. So the press conference, when they finally get around it having it, will just be a big show like Buckskin Girl was. Then they will have some drinks in a bar afterword, and then they will go back to working on current cases, and forget about it. There will never be any follow up, unfortunately.

DDP Posted a few minutes ago

Sheep Flats Jane Doe’s identity has been confirmed. It is up to the agency to make the announcement when they are ready. There is now an active homicide investigation, so they’ll decide when best to do so. Please be patient!

Along with some exciting news
Our Colleen Fitzpatrick will be on the Today Show in NY next Thursday Sept 20.

Coming soon: we’re making arrangements with a T-shirt company to sell DDP T-shirts and mugs (etc) where a chunk of the proceeds comes to us to help fund future cases. Watch for an announcement here, and a Store tab on our website.

DDP Posted a few minutes ago

Sheep Flats Jane Doe’s identity has been confirmed. It is up to the agency to make the announcement when they are ready. There is now an active homicide investigation, so they’ll decide when best to do so. Please be patient!

Along with some exciting news
Our Colleen Fitzpatrick will be on the Today Show in NY next Thursday Sept 20.

Coming soon: we’re making arrangements with a T-shirt company to sell DDP T-shirts and mugs (etc) where a chunk of the proceeds comes to us to help fund future cases. Watch for an announcement here, and a Store tab on our website.

*sweeping dust of my dancing shoes*

This doesn’t make sense to me. I’m hoping it was just a case of my being tired and misreading it or just poor wording. There should have been an active homicide investigation going on from the moment her body was found. Just because you do t know who th victim is doesn’t mean they just pack up & leave. I’m hoping they meant it’s being looked at from a new angle ( as in interviewing ppl who knew her or any siblings)

This doesn’t make sense to me. I’m hoping it was just a case of my being tired and misreading it or just poor wording. There should have been an active homicide investigation going on from the moment her body was found. Just because you do t know who th victim is doesn’t mean they just pack up & leave. I’m hoping they meant it’s being looked at from a new angle ( as in interviewing ppl who knew her or any siblings)
My guess would be it was active right after she was found, but after a while it went cold/inactive. But now that they know her identity, there are many more leads to follow and it is once again “active”.

It's possible they have a suspect in mind and don't want to release her identity in case it tips them off? I'm guessing, though.

This case has always had hint of SFJD knowing her killer. With those little drops of information being given from DDP (like SFJD possibly not having an imidiate next of kin, far away from home state, etc.), I don't think I've been alone thinking this might've been the works of an abusive partner. You know, as long as she has remained a Jane Doe with no connections to anyone or anywhere, the killer has been safe, especially when the case cooled down and eventually went cold. Now that she's been identified, there's perhaps a very obvious killer in their spotlight.

Anyway, there's a lot of new leads to follow and a lot of backtracking going on rn. We'll just have to wait and see. Patience, my dear!

I have little patience. I checked their page daily after they announced she was tentatively identified, never knew it would take this long! But now, I'm decided to wait all the months that are necessary until they announce her identity, if they also manage to arrest her killer.

I have little patience. I checked their page daily after they announced she was tentatively identified, never knew it would take this long! But now, I'm decided to wait all the months that are necessary until they announce her identity, if they also manage to arrest her killer.
I have very little patience as well & I really wish they’d tell but I also understand why they don’t. I like someone above stated think she knew her killer and it was probably some type of partner and once they have her identified it probably won’t take much to figure out who did it but the tough part is proving it.
DDP is making me work on my patience

Off course I want to know her identity....asap, but I would like her killer to be found more. I think it's wonderful they finally found her identity....it's hard for all those involved to get in piece with it....so I'm just trying (with the focus on trying) to be patient...

I’m hoping the fact that they’re not yet releasing her identity means they have a suspect and he is still alive. If we must wait so SFJD can have (some level of) justice, then I’ll be patient.

If the suspect is still alive, they are likely over 60 years old. They had better not wait too much longer, or they could die of old age before they are arrested.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back