DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #22

Status
Not open for further replies.
“Wint allegedly found with machete, BB pistol outside AIW

Wint was arrested for carrying a two-foot-long machete and a BB pistol outside the American Iron Works headquarters in 2010, but weapons charges were dropped after he pleaded guilty to possessing an open container of alcohol, reports the Associated Press.“

That paragraph is from this link- good recap of DW criminal history

Daron Wint: Quadruple murder suspect's criminal history

I wonder if DW still had connections/a friend/someone still at AIW. Someone so to speak still on the inside. Maybe he had help initially, from someone, with information. ???

Helped him murder the 4 victims? I haven't seen any trial testimony or evidence supporting that. I have seen the defense claim that however that's not evidence

Do you mean after he had murdered the 4 and left their home? If so I certainly think they helped him flee and helped him launder the blood money he took from Savvas.

No doubt neither of the brothers are choir boys by any estimation and gladly took part of the blood money Wint had in his possession when he left the murder scene. I am sure they had no problem taking any money he gave them since they were helping him flee.

But in this case imo the Wint on trial was the sole one who carried out the murders. I have seen no evidence showing otherwise.

I do think the state will call both brothers to testify most likely near the end of their CIC.

Jmo
I believe the Austrailian property groundskeepers. They testified the garage door seemed to open for a black person- someone already inside the garage let him in: more than 1 person. ELINT/Carnivor (those orange balls on the power lines) could be used to see if a garage door opener was used at that location at that time. ELINT/Carnivor records ALL radio data everywhere in the U.S.

I believe the Austrailian property groundskeepers. They testified the garage door seemed to open for a black person- someone already inside the garage let him in: more than 1 person. ELINT/Carnivor (those orange balls on the power lines) could be used to see if a garage door opener was used at that location at that time. ELINT/Carnivor records ALL radio data everywhere in the U.S.

Wint easily could have had the remote fob just like he took other things.

I still haven't seen any supporting evidence showing someone else was inside with Wint the 20 hours he held the four against their will.

Has there been video footage of the brothers or eye witnesses like there has been of Wint?

Last edited:
“We learned Amy #Savopoulos was wearing white jeans when she died on May 14. A bloody shoe print was on jeans. The day before surveillance shows her taking 10yo Philip to a doctors appt wearing the jeans. “

From Megan Cloherty WTOP Twitter account! S
Megan Cloherty (@ClohertyWTOP) on Twitter

I find this Twitter post so sad. No telling what this loving mother and wife went through during the last hours of her life. To be treated like she was and either stepped on or stomped by Wint is heartbreaking to even think about.

Jmo

Testimony from this morning:

"...an eyewitness, who worked at a nearby restaurant, said she saw a man matching Wint's description near the parking lot that day — shortly before the car burst into flames.

"The employee of the nearby restaurant/caterer La Fontaine Bleue in Lanham, testified Wednesday.

"She told jurors she was leaving the restaurant for the day at about 5 p.m. May 14, 2015 when she saw the man.

"The man grabbed her attention because she saw him walking and turning back several times. She described his movements as 'go and stop, go and stop'.

"She described the person she saw as a black man with shoulder-length braid hairstyle, about 5 feet 10 inches tall with a muscular build. The catering employee described seeing a photo of Wint later.

"'Like a punch to the gut, I immediately knew that's what I saw in the parking lot,' she said.

"One interesting thing to note: Regarding the surveillance video taken from the restaurant, the restaurant employee said she doesn't think the figure seen running was the same man with dreadlocks that she saw.

Savopoulos family killings: Daron Wint on trial

Paul Wagner‏Verified account @Fox5Wagner 2h2 hours ago
A bit of a twist in Mansion Murders trial. Woman who works at La Fontaine Bleue near where Porsche burned ID’s Daron Wint in court and says he is man she saw acting suspiciously on 5/14/15. Laurie Atkinson says video released to public showing man running with bucket was not Wint.
<modsnipped websleuths does not condone violence>

Last edited by a moderator:
Paul Wagner‏Verified account @Fox5Wagner 2h2 hours ago
A bit of a twist in Mansion Murders trial. Woman who works at La Fontaine Bleue near where Porsche burned ID’s Daron Wint in court and says he is man she saw acting suspiciously on 5/14/15. Laurie Atkinson says video released to public showing man running with bucket was not Wint.
So some "info" or ""news" about this case is being released to be intentional misleading. <modsnipped>

So were all or some the W brothers involved and look enough alike to confuse people/witnesses?

Reasonable doubt? Was this part of the plan?

Anyone seen pics of SW and DarrW with DW?? Do they look alike?
Did DW drive the Porsche to point A and hand it off to another W brother drive it to the church parking lot? Then D go back to torch it after retrieving his minivan?

MOO

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, obviously it's speculation, which WebSleuths would pretty much not function without speculation. Also I look at what everyone can see, which anyone can see on StreetView that all that would have to be done is go to the front door and use SS's keys/codes/badges/etc where you would avoid laborers/machinery/etc by going right to the office and avoiding the factory area as there's no reason to walk by the factory area to get to the corporate office section. AIW HQ is basically L-shaped with the offices at the top of the L, meaning only those from certain vantage points on the grounds could even see anyone going to the office entrance. The daylight view which everyone on here can see with their own eyes can count for themselves how many laborers and contractors they see out working at AIW and if any of them could see the office entrance from where they were at. I would encourage people to look for themselves using both StreetView and overhead view of AIW to judge for themselves both the layout as well as the activity:
Google Maps
We are also dealing with perp(s) who did factually swipe surveillance video/defeat the security system and went out of their way to do so and factually DW's van was right by AIW after the murders even though it was 40 miles away from his home and he did factually purchase gloves/backpacks after the murders but before his van ended up by AIW. There's got to be a reason why DW's van was there after getting $40K and the quadruple homicide with his stepmom expressly testifying she had briefly seen his van at her Latham home after the murders until it disappeared without explanation from DW when his stepmom asked...

Lol. I'd like to think that we here at WebSleuths, use evidentiary information provided by eyewitnesses, LE and verified media sources. Speculation would be me saying, I think DW took his brother to the Red Lobster before going to the Walmart on Annapolis Rd. because, factually, people need to eat and factually it's near where they were caught on surveillance video. That's stretching the facts to say the least. Don't ya think?

I was actually referring to the MD location when I said I was familiar with the office. I thought you were referring to the MD location as well because footage from the traffic cameras show the van, attached to the tow truck near Annapolis Rd & Ardwick Ardmore Rd, that's 15mins from AIW. The tow truck driver also testified that he dropped the person off not far from where he picked him up (in MD) so how the Chantilly office fits in I'm not sure. I'm not even sure if Chantilly could be considered HQ, they don't even answer the phone and I've called at different times of day.

Also, Lanham MD, where DW lived is only 7 minutes (generally speaking, I don't know his father's exact address) from AIW in MD not 40 minutes. And I still maintain my opinion, that the site is too busy for him to sneak in to destroy evidence and it's too secure at night (there's tons of equiptment laying around) for them to have gone in after hours without having caused some type of "alarm"

Last edited:
Two twists today:

@fox5wagner reports that the woman at the restaurant who saw DW acting suspiciously in the parking lot where the Posche was burnt, identifies him in court but says he is not the same man on the video we see running away with the bucket on May 14th Paul Wagner (@Fox5Wagner) | Twitter

@clohertywtop reports that AS's friend testified that she saw her walking around 3pm on 5/13 wearing "nice clothes", specifically a skirt. Evidence shows that AS was weairing white jeans when she took PS to the doctor as well as when her body was discovered by firefighters Megan Cloherty (@ClohertyWTOP) | Twitter

What do we make of this?

Two twists today:

@fox5wagner reports that the woman at the restaurant who saw DW acting suspiciously in the parking lot where the Posche was burnt, identifies him in court but says he is not the same man on the video we see running away with the bucket on May 14th Paul Wagner (@Fox5Wagner) | Twitter

@clohertywtop reports that AS's friend testified that she saw her walking around 3pm on 5/13 wearing "nice clothes", specifically a skirt. Evidence shows that AS was weairing white jeans when she took PS to the doctor as well as when her body was discovered by firefighters Megan Cloherty (@ClohertyWTOP) | Twitter

What do we make of this?
That the prosecution is tricky as hell? They know the description is wrong, clothes and bucket boy.

Does anyone think the mini van breakdown was a ruse? Letting the tow truck tow it like it was inoperable? He certainly had cash to pay for it to be towed anywhere and riding with driver would take him away from one of his crime scenes without driving the van. Did the witness say if he used 100.00 bills etc?

As far As I know his step mom never said the van was broken down in need of repair. When she noticed it was just gone yet he didn't want her to call the police.

Why is he the only one destroying evidence like trying to burn the SS home down with the motive of destroying evidence? He was the one in the area of the Porsche owned by his murder victims being destroyed. Another act of destroying evidence where he is linked. Why destroy his own van? Logically that is also evidence he wanted to destroy. Did his brothers destroy their own vehicles? Were they seen destroying anything that belongs personally to them?

Why is DW the one doing all of these things? It all centers all-around him yet according to some he was just a sidekick hungry for pizza and it was really his 2 brothers who did everything?

Jmo

Last edited:
Does anyone think the mini van breakdown was a ruse? Letting the tow truck tow it like it was inoperable? He certainly had cash to pay for it to be towed anywhere and riding with driver would take him away from one of his crime scenes without driving the van. Did the witness say if he used 100.00 bills etc?

As far As I know his step mom never said the van was broken down in need of repair. When she noticed it was just gone yet he didn't want her to call the police.

Why is he the only one destroying evidence like trying to burn the SS home down with the motive of destroying evidence? He was the one in the area of the Porsche being destroyed. Another act of destroying evidence where he is linked. Why destroy his own van? Logically that is also evidence he wanted to destroy. Did his brothers destroy their own vehicles? Were they seen destroying anything that belongs personally to them?

Jmo
The van thing has me very confused.

I'm not much help, am I?!

jmo

Lol. I'd like to think that we here at WebSleuths, use evidentiary information provided by eyewitnesses, LE and verified media sources. Speculation would be me saying, I think DW took his brother to the Red Lobster before going to the Walmart on Annapolis Rd. because, factually, people need to eat and factually it's near where they were caught on surveillance video. That's stretching the facts to say the least. Don't ya think?

I was actually referring to the MD location when I said I was familiar with the office. I thought you were referring to the MD location as well because footage from the traffic cameras show the van, attached to the tow truck near Annapolis Rd & Ardwick Ardmore Rd at 3:54pm and that's only 15mins from AIW. The tow truck driver also testified that he dropped the person off not far from where he picked him up (in MD) so how the Chantilly office fits in I'm not sure. I'm not even sure if Chantilly could be considered HQ, they don't even answer the phone and I've called at different times of day.

Also, Lanham MD, where DW lived is only 7 minutes (generally speaking, I don't know his father's exact address) from AIW in MD not 40 minutes. And I still maintain my opinion, that the site is too busy for him to sneak in to destroy evidence and it's too secure at night (there's tons of equiptment laying around) for them to have gone in after hours without having caused some type of "alarm"

Yes, that makes us both speculators just as we are both speculating about the security amongst other things - that you disagree with me does not change that we are both speculating. That there's equipment lying around doesn't stop DW or anyone else from acquiring all access codes/badges/keys/etc where whatever security there is, the ability to get past it without raising alarm would have been obtained from the CEO himself, which BTW I did a follow-on post previously where I corrected the location.

I find this Twitter post so sad. No telling what this loving mother and wife went through during the last hours of her life. To be treated like she was and either stepped on or stomped by Wint is heartbreaking to even think about.

Jmo

AS and SS would have given every penny they had and all their worldly goods, IMO, to stop the situation to appease the home invader(s).

That’s why I don’t think it was all about the money. And I don’t think DW was the mastermind.

Hard drive, iPad, 2 memory cards, and missing computer tower from security system in utility ty closet...

IIRC when DW was arrested didn’t LE find blood on his shoe?

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member