Identified! OH - Troy, Miami Co., 'Buckskin Girl' WhtFem 133UFOH, 15-25, Apr'81 - Marcia King #2

Mr. E

Reaction score
133UFOH -- unidentified Ohio victim

The Doe Network: Case File 942DFCA -- Kimberly Kahler

-- both have red hair
-- both have freckles
-- Kimberly is 5'8; unidentified victim is approx. 5'6
-- Kimberly was 15 in 1980; unidentified victim was believed to be in her late teens

Thread #1

Last edited by a moderator:
Cold cases in Dayton, Ohio | Miami Valley Murder Mysteries on WHIO

Investigators in Miami County are looking for clues in a case that's haunted them for years: the murder of "The Buckskin Girl." This young woman was given that name 37 years ago when her body was found in a ditch near Troy by a local farmer. She was wearing jeans, a sweater and a brown buckskin jacket with fringe. In April, the "DNA Doe Project" identified her as Marcia Sossoman King, 21, from North Little Rock, Arkansas. Now, investigators said they will zero in on who killed the young woman and why?

"The person that did this should be nervous," said Chief Deputy Steve Lord of the Miami County Sheriff's Office.

Cold cases in Dayton, Ohio | Miami Valley Murder Mysteries on WHIO

Investigators in Miami County are looking for clues in a case that's haunted them for years: the murder of "The Buckskin Girl." This young woman was given that name 37 years ago when her body was found in a ditch near Troy by a local farmer. She was wearing jeans, a sweater and a brown buckskin jacket with fringe. In April, the "DNA Doe Project" identified her as Marcia Sossoman King, 21, from North Little Rock, Arkansas. Now, investigators said they will zero in on who killed the young woman and why?

"The person that did this should be nervous," said Chief Deputy Steve Lord of the Miami County Sheriff's Office.

Sounds like they may have some leads now they know who she is. Fingers crossed!

There is a lot of information in the segment on Marcia that we haven't seen before. Interviews with family members who share a bit of her personal life. Awesome to see this. Thank you to WHIO for this program.
Could not seem to find that recent segment, would love to see it! For now posting an earlier one.

Marcia is included in their video

DNA Doe Project

54 mins ·
Catch us on Megyn Kelly Today:

How this nonprofit uses DNA to identify John and Jane Does
Colleen Fitzpatrick, a nuclear physicist, co-founded the DNA Doe Project, whose mission is to identify John and Jane Does. The nonprofit works closely with law enforcement to do detective work in identifying crime victims or missing persons. Megyn Kelly TODAY has the story.

How this nonprofit uses DNA to identify John and Jane Does

(I speak spanish sorry for the mistakes)
Please someone can tell me about this case, well i know that Marcia King is Buckskin Girl, but i don't know why she was murdered and where did she finded, is this case relationated with a serial killer? or something like that? What happened with her family, didn't they report about her disappearance? How they know the Buckskin Girl was Marcia King?

(I speak spanish sorry for the mistakes)
Please someone can tell me about this case, well i know that Marcia King is Buckskin Girl, but i don't know why she was murdered and where did she finded, is this case relationated with a serial killer? or something like that? What happened with her family, didn't they report about her disappearance? How they know the Buckskin Girl was Marcia King?

Short answer: DNA matching. The case is kind of complicated and there is very little information. This link might help you understand the case.

Murder of Marcia King - Wikipedia

Also I would suggest you to read all of the posts in this thread starting from post #2971 on page 149, including all of the linked articles that have been posted. I hope that will help your understanding of the case.

Identified! - OH - Troy, Miami Co., 'Buckskin Girl' WhtFem 133UFOH, 15-25, Apr'81 - Marcia King

Dec 11 2018 rbbm.
Cold Cases: Miami Valley murder investigations that remain unsolved in 2018
"Cold Case: The Buckskin Girl - For over 30 years she was known only as the “Buckskin Girl” because of the coat she was wearing when her body was found in a ditch in a Miami County farmer. This past April, new DNA techniques finally identified her as Marcia Soloman King from Arkansas. Cheryl McHenry reports that now detectives need to find out why she was in the Miami Valley and who killed her. This case was aired in our Miami Valley Murder Mysteries show in September 2018."

Dec 11 2018 rbbm.
Cold Cases: Miami Valley murder investigations that remain unsolved in 2018
"Cold Case: The Buckskin Girl - For over 30 years she was known only as the “Buckskin Girl” because of the coat she was wearing when her body was found in a ditch in a Miami County farmer. This past April, new DNA techniques finally identified her as Marcia Soloman King from Arkansas. Cheryl McHenry reports that now detectives need to find out why she was in the Miami Valley and who killed her. This case was aired in our Miami Valley Murder Mysteries show in September 2018."

This is very much the next leg of this case for Marcia and her family - and it seems as if there are many who are working hard to bring it to a conclusion. Good to see. I have faith that something will be found to bring justice for Marcia. Thanks dotr.

Its hard to imagine that domestic violence could just popped up in on this insane level. If she was close to monster so violent to be able to do such a thing and kill her after that (to keep her silent about that?) there had to be someone who had at least strong suspicion who could hurt her, or at least who could be the reason why she "run away" (as long as people didnt knew her fate).

A lot of men don't know their own strength. Or, if they were raised by domestic abusers, they don't see anything wrong with hitting people and causing grievous injury.

A long time ago someone posted on here there was an "urban legend" type rumor that Buckskin Girl had been beaten to death for cheating on her partner? I definitely remember seeing that.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back