Found Deceased NC - Maddox Ritch, 6 w/Autism, Gastonia, 22 Sept 2018 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
News stories seem to be varying wildly on the location. One says in the creek across from the park which seems to make the most sense. From Google satellite photos, it appears a trail leaves the park, follows the creek, and continues to Highway 321 (North Chester Street). The paved section ends just before the highway but a rougher version continues under the highway and along the creek.

I've heard of children being found up to two miles away, but four miles! I don't think the child could walk that far in my opinion.

Oh they sure can. Kids with autism especially "elope" and can go great distances.

This five year old ended up 3.5 miles away. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna408226

This two year old wandered 3-4 miles before circling back and dying a mile from his home.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/abcnew...w/emmett-trapp-wandered-off/story?id=11323106

This is a question to any locals. I am not a map reader but it has been reported that he was found somewhere near old Dallas hwy and murrieta st. Looking really quickly at Google maps it looks like you have to go across( under or over a hwy to get there) is this accurate? Thanks!

"I wish that he was alive." A neighbor explains how his tip may have led to the discovery of a body that's believed to be 6-year-old #MaddoxRitch.

LATEST: bit.ly/2QeDGkK

FOX 46 Charlotte on Twitter

*video at link

This guy said it’s down a busy road and across the highway from the park. I’m wondering how far down the busy road. Also wondering if there is confirmation that this Creek comes from the lake?

"I wish that he was alive." A neighbor explains how his tip may have led to the discovery of a body that's believed to be 6-year-old #MaddoxRitch.

LATEST: bit.ly/2QeDGkK

FOX 46 Charlotte on Twitter

*video at link

Whaaat? This guy says that "I used to be on probation and my probation officer came up here looking around." Then he says that he pointed to PO to the culvert
under the bridge.

Search crews now leaving Rankin Lake Park #MaddoxRitch

Jonathan Lowe on Twitter

*video at link
Thanks Hay. I could almost feel the somberness of those riding in those vehicles. How horrible for them also. My SIL is a Lt. and Paramedic with our Fire Dept. my daughter has often called me in tears after consoling my SIL from carrying dead children. My heart goes out to all LE, searchers, community and family. Maddox is safe now.

What a sad, sad day.. I'm so sorry his life was so short and my best hope is that this will be ruled an accidental drowning. Nothing sinister at all on anyone's part. A tragic childhood cause of death.

I am praying for the family and friends of this sweet little guy, for they are suffering still. My belief is that Maddox is now in a perfect place of eternal light and peace, in the arms of the angels in Heaven above with more love than we can even imagine..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Krusty2009