Supreme Court Nominee

Should a person be judged on something done over 40 years ago?

• Yes

Votes: 59 39.1%
  • No

Votes: 17 11.3%
  • Depends

Votes: 75 49.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
"So the vomiting you reference in your yearbook is a reference to alcohol?"
Kavanaugh - (summarizing) Senator, I got good grades and got into Yale. (quoting) "Do you like beer Senator, what do you like to drink?"

Thanks for the reports.

Do you remember who Edmund Muskie was considered non Presidential because he cried! And how about that doctor who ran for Pres and let out a whoop? Howard Dean.He was considered too emotional. I forget what was said about Hillary.

The jobs of Pres are for elected terms. This is life.

It sounds like he is showing no dignity under pressure.

I wonder if he still drinks? Teenage drinking to his level is of huge concern if he is still at it.

I think both these families have been through absolute hell. The Senate Judiciary is ill equipped to deal with this.

And, without impartial leadership at the top, a much needed FBI impartial investigation did not happen.

It's different talking to an impartial investigator.

If Sen. Graham thinks this hearing is hell, I wonder what he thinks being held down on a bed while someone tries to pull your clothes off, and having a hand clamped over your mouth to the point you think you are going to suffocate is?

As for the question "did you ever have blackouts?" Why did he throw the question back? After admitting he drank a lot, how can he be sure he remembers everything? With his non answer it nearly seems he's doubting himself, but won't admit to the doubt. Strange exchange.

Why didn't they ask for an investigation in July? That would make the most sense. The dems didn't think Dr. Ford was credible or it was a political tactic to delay a vote. IMO
We have been over this 1000 times but I guess not enough to sink in.....
Dr Ford didn't want to come forward then. Not a lack of credibility or a "fast left wing conspiracy"
Sen Collins and Sen Murkowski aren't going to respond well to Kavanaugh's tantrums and dodging of questions.

Why don’t they just file a police report in the original jurisdiction if there is no statute of limitations? If this is as Dr. Ford described, it is a crime that should be investigated by the proper authorities. Jmo

As for the question "did you ever have blackouts?" Why did he throw the question back? After admitting he drank a lot, how can he be sure he remembers everything? With his non answer it nearly seems he's doubting himself, but won't admit to the doubt. Strange exchange.
I have not heard the whole testimony, admittedly. I did hear that exchange. That exchange does remind me of a person who bullies and belittles others. It is interesting to me that he stated that he had respect for her and discussed how civil their conversations were. When she asks a question with little drama behind it about his drinking, he throws it back at her and keeps going at her to get her to answer while he doesn't. Kind of like a guy who will take whatever he wants-- sober or drunk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine