Supreme Court Nominee

Should a person be judged on something done over 40 years ago?

• Yes

Votes: 59 39.1%
  • No

Votes: 17 11.3%
  • Depends

Votes: 75 49.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think his character showed through today. His demeanor in the hearing shows what he is like under pressure, and I am unimpressed. I expect more from a Supreme Court Justice than a belligerent bully.

jmo

I listened to the hearing today. I can totally understand how a teenage girl would not report or "come forward" when she was assaulted. They did not actually rape her, so how would she explain it? She was 15, and should not have been at a party with drinking, and so obviously she would have been scared to say anything. I don't doubt a couple of dumb kids drank too much, and made some bad choices.

Then after watching Mr K, I feel like he is so adamant about not knowing some of these accusers, and that this never happened, I feel like maybe he dismissed the event as horse play, and forgot about it.

Bottom line, BOTH DEMS and the GOP are really making this a s@%t show.
And did anyone catch that the Dems had requested an FBI review, and they have not heard anything back on it? What is up with that?

I had an experience in HS with a guy that I was dating, and when I went to police, and even consulted a lawyer, they both told me no one would believe me b/c I had been in a consensual relationship with him. I can see why victims don't formally come forward. Sheesh, look at the rape kit backlog in any state! You better hope the kit survives the amount of years it takes them to get to it! (if they don't throw it out!)

Dr. Lillian Glass has provided her assessment of the body language of both parties from their testimony today which makes interesting reading.

I don’t think this process has been fair to either party it should have been confidential.

Ah. That is NOT how I heard/saw this at all.
What I got out of this and I listened to 95% of this, were the democrats playing political games, and the republicans calling them out for it.
both hubby and I found this to be a travesty, of the lowest order. Moo

The Democrats are just trying to ask reasonable questions while the angry old white men on other side are screaming, hysterical.
I wonder how America sees this.

Thanks for the reports.

Do you remember who Edmund Muskie was considered non Presidential because he cried! And how about that doctor who ran for Pres and let out a whoop? Howard Dean.He was considered too emotional. I forget what was said about Hillary.

The jobs of Pres are for elected terms. This is life.

It sounds like he is showing no dignity under pressure.

I wonder if he still drinks? Teenage drinking to his level is of huge concern if he is still at it.
And it's okay that he was emotional but he couldn't seem to get a handle on it. He really was feeling sorry for himself and playing victim.Hence the tears.
Not used to being denied or delayed or answering to anyone. IMO

He had his canned talking points about his record-- #1 at Yale, worked in soup kitchens--but was evasive in answers.. He lied that Devil's Triangle was a drinking game. He's a bad liar.

I missed some of the opening statement from Kavanaugh so maybe I have the wrong impression,but was there an insinuation that Ford was an operative working with Democrats?
I know he blamed democrats for his current woes which was really paranoid and out of line.IMO

Sorry, being a board hog, but what do you make of his child saying that she would 'pray for the woman'
Does Ford need their prayers? Is she lacking in some way in their mind? Odd to say "the woman"
IMO

He didn't want to take a lie detector test. Tells me all I need to know. Everyone tries to clear themselves with a polygraph if innocent.

Now vast majority think Anita Hill was telling the truth. I believe more will come out about Kavanaugh--I believe the anonymous person about 1998 incident. It will be sad if he's on Supreme Court.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa