Supreme Court Nominee

Should a person be judged on something done over 40 years ago?

• Yes

Votes: 59 39.1%
  • No

Votes: 17 11.3%
  • Depends

Votes: 75 49.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you think Dr. Ford will file a complaint with the local law enforcement against the Judge now?
I'm not sure what good that would do. She doesn't know when or where. None of the people named as being there remember anything like that.

I think it's odd that someone drove her to the party and I suppose they dropped her off and didn't stay. I wonder if that same person took her home.

Last edited:
Do you think Dr. Ford will file a complaint with the local law enforcement against the Judge now?
I don't think so.

I was concerned about the allegations (and I still am), but after hearing him today, I don't need to know about the allegations to know this is not a man of character.

I don't care that he worked in a soup kitchen. So have I, every Saturday for years on end. Big whoop. I rarely mention it except if I have the opportunity to advocate for the poor. I've never mentioned it in terms of praising myself. I understand he is a candidate for a job and is expected to talk about himself, but fwiw, I've never mentioned it at a job interview. And while I'm talking about it, if you ever are in position to serve the poor food, keep in mind they might have dental problems so serve soft food.

What I care about is how he conducts himself and how he treats others. He treated his questioners in a belligerent way today. He was condescending and seemed put- off by the process. There is a way to be firm and to stand up for yourself without being a jerk, especially when you're being questioned for such a privileged and important job.

Is this guy the best we have to offer?

:(

He didn't want to take a lie detector test. Tells me all I need to know. Everyone tries to clear themselves with a polygraph if innocent.

Now vast majority think Anita Hill was telling the truth. I believe more will come out about Kavanaugh--I believe the anonymous person about 1998 incident. It will be sad if he's on Supreme Court.

I can understand a legal person refusing to take one as they know how unreliable they are and that they cannot be used as evidence in a court of law.

Why don’t they just file a police report in the original jurisdiction if there is no statute of limitations? If this is as Dr. Ford described, it is a crime that should be investigated by the proper authorities. Jmo
Where is the original jurisdiction?

Blasey Ford recalls being sexually assaulted within a home near the Columbia Country Club in Chevy Chase, Maryland. However, she cannot remember the address, street name or neighborhood where the property was located. That creates a jurisdictional predicament for investigators. And while that might sound like a technicality, a criminal case could easily fall apart without a precise scene, particularly when it is close to a border such as the Maryland-D.C. line.

Could Kavanaugh be prosecuted in Maryland? Law enforcement sources say 'unlikely'

This is not a criminal trial. So the "innocent until proven guilty" standard obviously does not apply. This goes to his character and fitness and background to serve as a Supreme Court Justice. All accusations are fair game and he absolutely signed up for this by accepting the nomination.

Yes. Exactly this. He said he wanted this hearing, he’s a public figure, and this is a lifetime appointment. Some of these allegations were buried in hundreds of thousands of pages given to the committee the night before they were to meet and vote.

This feces show didn’t have to unfold this way. It truly didn’t. It wasn’t inevitable.

A validation of her accusations would be valid witnesses to the event claiming same.

You keep repeating this like some sort of ritualistic incantation.

But I believe you also know these following facts to be true:

She’s a witness.

The alleged victims are witnesses.

We both agree witness testimony is evidence.

He does NOT have to prove himself innocent of the accusation! That is NOT what this country is built on!!!!

She made the claims, she has to provide validation for them.

How about I claim that Ford showed up at my house last night and egged it due to my posts? Can I sue her for damage to my home?

No. It’s irrelevant. There’s a formula to these types of circular arguments:

1. Misstate or over exaggerate the other person’s statement.

2. Attempt to disprove the misinterpreted restatement with broad or extreme, incongruous arguments.

CF already had her attorney and the democrats knew that. They had 30 - 45 days to do something. They just sat on it. Nothing was brought up in the closed session, nothing at all about the SA claims.

I'm calling BS on the excuses.
She made sure to get a polygraph well before going public.

I don't think so.

I was concerned about the allegations (and I still am), but after hearing him today, I don't need to know about the allegations to know this is not a man of character.

I don't care that he worked in a soup kitchen. So have I, every Saturday for years on end. Big whoop. I rarely mention it except if I have the opportunity to advocate for the poor. I've never mentioned it in terms of praising myself. I understand he is a candidate for a job and is expected to talk about himself, but fwiw, I've never mentioned it at a job interview. And while I'm talking about it, if you ever are in position to serve the poor food, keep in mind they might have dental problems so serve soft food.

What I care about is how he conducts himself and how he treats others. He treated his questioners in a belligerent way today. He was condescending and seemed put- off by the process. There is a way to be firm and to stand up for yourself without being a jerk, especially when you're being questioned for such a privileged and important job.

Is this guy the best we have to offer?

:(

He’s wanted this job his entire life. And he feels entitled to it, that it’s owed to him. He went to YALE, the #1 law school (how many times did he say that?), he was #1 in his class while simultaneously participating in athletics. He views himself as a super-super-star whom the potus nominated, and “who the heck are “you people” to get between me and my rightful place on the SCOTUS?”

I find him repulsive and I’m sick that he’ll probably get confirmed. To me, it was apparent he was lying, but even if he wasn’t (he was), his arrogance, belligerence, rudeness and deception (he flagrantly mischaracterized others’ sworn statements), and utter lack of respect toward others, along with his anger issues, disqualifies him.

I believe Christine Ford. I think BK is an entitled little snake and totally partisan. That’s not what should be on the SCOTUS.

And can you imagine how the other justices must feel? “Oh crap, we have to work with this arrogant *advertiser censored*?”

I hope I’m wrong, but I dread them voting. I think he’ll get through, and he’s a human stain. IMO

He’s wanted this job his entire life. And he feels entitled to it, that it’s owed to him. He went to YALE, the #1 law school (how many times did he say that?), he was #1 in his class while simultaneously participating in athletics. He views himself as a super-super-star whom the potus nominated, and “who the heck are “you people” to get between me and my rightful place on the SCOTUS?”

I find him repulsive and I’m sick that he’ll probably get confirmed. To me, it was apparent he was lying, but even if he wasn’t (he was), his arrogance, belligerence, rudeness and deception (he flagrantly mischaracterized others’ sworn statements), and utter lack of respect toward others, along with his anger issues, disqualifies him.

I believe Christine Ford. I think BK is an entitled little snake and totally partisan. That’s not what should be on the SCOTUS.

And can you imagine how the other justices must feel? “Oh crap, we have to work with this arrogant *advertiser censored*?”

I hope I’m wrong, but I dread them voting. I think he’ll get through, and he’s a human stain. IMO

ITA, 100%.

And, I also think he'll be confirmed, I'm disappointed to predict.

jmo

Because both Hill and Thomas were Federal employees. Currently, there is no jurisdiction for the FBI to investigate Kavanaugh or Blasey-Ford.

eta spelling

That is not how it works.

Incorrect. There is jurisdiction if the POTUS says there is.

That’s how it works.

He has declined to do so.

The law changed from 18 to 21 in July 1982, the summer before his senior year.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/lawand...lands-drinking-age-in-fox-news-interview/amp/
The law changed in my state from 18 to 21 around the same time. Those of us who were between 18-20yo when the law changed were grandfathered in, so we could drink as 18-20 year olds, even though the legal age was 21. I haven't looked into Maryland, but perhaps they were grandfathered in, too.

idk

jmo

The law changed in my state from 18-21 around the same time. Those of us who were between 18-20yo when the law changed were grandfathered in, so we could drink as 18-20 year olds, even though the legal age was 21. I haven't looked into Maryland, but perhaps they were grandfathered in, too.

idk

jmo

He wasn’t grandfathered in. I linked the source.

Why don’t they just file a police report in the original jurisdiction if there is no statute of limitations? If this is as Dr. Ford described, it is a crime that should be investigated by the proper authorities. Jmo

That’s not the point. That’s not why Ford came forward — anonymously — to tell her story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288