Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #33

Status
Not open for further replies.
IIRC, the family returned from NC on August 7. Is that right?

From her FB post the next morning:

-Went to bed at 2am, up at 5:15am
-2 loads of laundry
-dusted whole house
-cleaned out fridge and pantry and restocked
-2 grocery stores with kids
1f64c_1f3fd.png

-Celeste Doctor appointment
1f468_200d_2695.png
⚕️
-emptied 7 suitcases/3 backpacks and put away
-fed kids a million times
-we all showered (we know this is a win)
-went through 6 weeks of mail
1f92a.png

-washed kitchen floor
-cleaned up kids disaster
-repacked my suitcase for Arizona this Friday

They literally said, “we’re going to bed!” And put themselves to bed! Rain machines on and all. They are obviously exhausted from traveling and playing. I’m over here knocking everything out and it’s only noon! The old me would live out of a suit case for 1-2 weeks till it was empty again.
Shanann Watts

* * * * *​

I'm wondering if he did any housework at all while she was gone. MOO

ugh this is so sad reading too, knowing they had less than a week to live at that point... :(

If she made as much or more than he did, she would either not receive spousal support or she would have to pay him.

It is likely that, due to her availability as a work from home mom, and the coming of a newborn, and his work schedule, she would have primary care of the kids. So if their incomes were similar or even if hers was somewhat greater, he would likely have to pay her support and that would balance against any spousal support order.

Each would pay half of child cares/preschool as additional support.

I have a feeling they were having financial issues and living beyond their means. I don't have evidence for that. It's a suspicion based on the lifestyle I saw online and their past bankruptcy.

Also, IMO, a lot of what MLM's are about is hope and hype.

In a majority of family annihilator cases, which this case has been charged by the state of Colorado to be, financial strain and the desire to be free from the responsibility of caring for children, is a major factor or motivator.

I also note that their house was likely upside down but if there was any equity, SW would likely get it all if they divorced since they apparently purchased the home with proceeds from her separate property (so separate property reimbursement to her), IIRC. Unless she was dead of course. Then she'd get nothing.

I think it's highly reckless at this point to speculate about SW's mental state, the share of housework CW did, who watched the kids more, what caused SW's former divorce, what/how much she lost in that divorce, etc. with NO proof of anything, and just preface it with IMO to get by. I think it's fine to have differences of opinion about what's going on in the case, but they should be backed by evidence that we have, however little it is at this point.
We had a VI verify C.W. involvement and SW work took her a lot of weekends out of town which is normal for her status. On SW SM she brags multiple times about him with this as proof IMO he would not be afraid to hold the responsibility of children as a motive to murder

@Jennifer17 on thread 25 page 62 as I stated CW regularly did household chores as per our VI @Trinket78 who knew both SW and CW
It was stated by you that: CW did most of the household chores, which I disagree with. We saw him mow a tiny lawn and dry a few dishes. Most men have chores.
BBM:
Shekkiec said:
==================
"I think it also speaks as to her first marriage candidly, she stated she lost everything (nc divorce laws 50/50) and the dark place after that divorce also could be a fear of going back now losing it all again . She imo was very grateful in this video and only spoke of C.W. almost as a hero to her. She imo loved the life she had . Starting over is terrifying it is for anyone imo i feel like she never thought he would leave her “he had no game” out VI@Trinkett78 spoke about The marriage as well. We know C.W. took responsibility for the children doing most of the household chores as well( why now would he fear caring for them alone) We know her level of success with this company is down line pay and would be affected tremendously financially . We have heard SW spoke of separation but could the AP news send her into anger? We know she came back from that trip to her home in NC. Most attorneys would advise her to stay there to keep it as her residence imo . We know there had never been a sign by @isalybra @Colorado303 or @Trinket78 of domestic abuse. This video imo shows her passion and love for everything that maybe she could lose. Being in a dark place Mentally is a scary place to be."

Last edited:
It looked to me like SW was very busy with her MLM job, including traveling, so it wouldn't surprise me if CW did some housework. When he found time for his AP, that I don't know. When SW was traveling for work would be convenient but then what about the kids? Did the affair take place at work? I'm not doubting he was having an affair BTW.

Yes, CW & the AP worked together. I believe the affair probably began or got serious during the 5 weeks SW was away. JMO

I don't believe Trinket ever said that he did "most" of the housework, just that he did housework. Which, guess what? My husband does housework too, even with me being a SAHM, because SAHM =/= maid. He's an adult who can clean up after himself and help me around the house when he's off work. (Otherwise, when would I ever get a break?)

ETA: That's not to imply that I make him do tons when he's not working, either. He just has basic chores that he would have to do for himself if he wasn't married with kids... and sometimes, he's in charge of them while I go have lunch with a friend, or go hiking.
I know men that will do a load of dishes or a load of laundry once every other year out of the hundreds the wife does and boast and/or complain they do all the housework. Same with diapers and childcare. My Experience Only.

@Jennifer17 on thread 25 page 62 as I stated CW regularly did household chores as per our VI @Trinket78 who knew both SW and CW
IIRC.... please correct me if I'm wrong... the VI also insinuated Shanann may have been (makes me sad to say "have") faking her and her babies illnesses? It would take a lot of research to find the opinions they had of Shanann threads way back which IIRC were not positive at all in general.
Mod please delete if this is wrong

It looked to me like SW was very busy with her MLM job, including traveling, so it wouldn't surprise me if CW did some housework. When he found time for his AP, that I don't know. When SW was traveling for work would be convenient but then what about the kids? Did the affair take place at work? I'm not doubting he was having an affair BTW.

He also appeared to travel with her. He is there in many of the pictures she took on Thrive trips.

We had a VI verify C.W. involvement and SW work took her a lot of weekends out of town which is normal for her status. On SW SM she brags multiple times about him with this as proof IMO he would not be afraid to hold the responsibility of children as a motive to murder

Again, I don't doubt that he did housework; like I said, they had a HUGE house and two toddlers. If anything, she would have been doing more, since she was home all day. Her trips took her out of town on occasion (sometimes he went with, as evidenced by her SM). So yes, we can assume he did more when she was gone, but obviously the majority of the time she was home. However, the responsibility of children would be completely different for him if they divorced; I'm not sure how it wouldn't, considering he was working full time and would have to provide for their childcare. So if nothing else, it would be a financial burden on him.

If she made as much or more than he did, she would either not receive spousal support or she would have to pay him.

It is likely that, due to her availability as a work from home mom, and the coming of a newborn, and his work schedule, she would have primary care of the kids. So if their incomes were similar or even if hers was somewhat greater, he would likely have to pay her support and that would balance against any spousal support order.

Each would pay half of child cares/preschool as additional support.

I have a feeling they were having financial issues and living beyond their means. I don't have evidence for that. It's a suspicion based on the lifestyle I saw online and their past bankruptcy.

Also, IMO, a lot of what MLM's are about is hope and hype.

In a majority of family annihilator cases, which this case has been charged by the state of Colorado to be, financial strain and the desire to be free from the responsibility of caring for children, is a major factor or motivator.

I also note that their house was likely upside down but if there was any equity, SW would likely get it all if they divorced since they apparently purchased the home with proceeds from her separate property (so separate property reimbursement to her), IIRC. Unless she was dead of course. Then she'd get nothing.
She also for work would do weekend trips as well as vacations and many vendor events outside the home. Would this be tied into time for custody? He would cover insurance of medical does that count? My point being is if he kept the children an average of two nights a week , which is highly probable with his forty hour work week and her trips how would that calculate
Colorado Judicial Branch - Self Help - Forms - Divorce, Family Matters, Civil Unions Child Custody

Did AB HLN discuss anything new/interesting regarding the Watts case?
She did discuss some new information. I was hoping @Layla123 would have posted her recap.

She had someone on who is an expert in the design of the oil tanks the babies were located in. It seems the hole at the top was 8" in diameter. My stomach is still in knots thinking about HOW he could have fit them in there.

She did discuss some new information. I was hoping @Layla123 would have posted her recap.

She had someone on who is an expert in the design of the oil tanks the babies were located in. It seems the hole at the top was 8" in diameter. My stomach is still in knots thinking about HOW he could have fit them in there.
Thanks for this info. A member here on WS mentioned that CW may have had to break the toddler's bones to fit them in the crude oil tanks. I feel sick...

IIRC, the family returned from NC on August 7. Is that right?

From her FB post the next morning:

-Went to bed at 2am, up at 5:15am
-2 loads of laundry
-dusted whole house
-cleaned out fridge and pantry and restocked
-2 grocery stores with kids
1f64c_1f3fd.png

-Celeste Doctor appointment
1f468_200d_2695.png
⚕️
-emptied 7 suitcases/3 backpacks and put away
-fed kids a million times
-we all showered (we know this is a win)
-went through 6 weeks of mail
1f92a.png

-washed kitchen floor
-cleaned up kids disaster
-repacked my suitcase for Arizona this Friday

They literally said, “we’re going to bed!” And put themselves to bed! Rain machines on and all. They are obviously exhausted from traveling and playing. I’m over here knocking everything out and it’s only noon! The old me would live out of a suit case for 1-2 weeks till it was empty again.
Shanann Watts

* * * * *​

I'm wondering if he did any housework at all while she was gone. MOO

In your opinion, is this a realistic list of accomplishments to have achieved before noon after 3 hours of sleep?

She also for work would do weekend trips as well as vacations and many vendor events outside the home. Would this be tied into time for custody? He would cover insurance of medical does that count? My point being is if he kept the children an average of two nights a week , which is highly probable with his forty hour work week and her trips how would that calculate
Colorado Judicial Branch - Self Help - Forms - Divorce, Family Matters, Civil Unions Child Custody
Also would private school costs be considered extraordinary expenditures ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
L1752