Supreme Court Nominee

Should a person be judged on something done over 40 years ago?

• Yes

Votes: 59 39.1%
  • No

Votes: 17 11.3%
  • Depends

Votes: 75 49.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for the timeline, Spells. Very helpful. I had a really busy day today, and this thread took off like wildfire.

Timeline:

Christine Blasey Ford Timeline: From High School to Historic Testimony | Heavy.com

‘Early’ July: Ford Sends a Tip to The Washington Post

July 9: Trump Announces Brett Kavanaugh’s Nomination

July 20: Ford Writes Letter to Her Congresswoman, Rep. Anna Eshoo (D-CA)

July 30: Senator Dianne Feinstein Receives Ford’s Letter

August 7: Ford Secretly Takes a Polygraph Test

September 4-7: Kavanaugh’s Confirmation Hearing Occurs

September 12: Feinstein Sends Ford’s Letter to the FBI

September 16: Ford Goes on Record With The Washington Post

September 17: Kavanaugh’s Vote Is Delayed as the Senate Judiciary Committee Works With Ford’s Legal Team to Schedule a Hearing

September 23: Ford Agrees to Testify

September 24: Kavanaugh Says He Will ‘Not Be Intimidated’, Ford Says Her ‘Fear Will Not Hold Her Back’

September 26: Ford’s Lawyers Submit Four Sworn Affidavits Backing Ford’s Story Up

That’s not the point. That’s not why Ford came forward — anonymously — to tell her story.
Many college applications ask for an essay describing a challenge the student overcame. The college isn't reading the essay to scrutinize every detail of the challenging situation (though expect the details are true as students are expected to submit honest work), but instead is looking at details in the essay to understand the character of the student.

Likewise, the information that Dr. Ford shared wasn't to charge him with a crime, but to let the decision makers know about problems with his character. imo

jmo

BK cannot admit to a black out, but I believe its fully possible he does not remember this.
so he fully believes he didn't do this. so is essentially being truthful..

but she is not lying.

I find this far-fetched. When asked by Kamala Harris if he ever blacked out, he ducked the response. He didn't say no. He knew he was lying.

Because she was obviously telling the truth. Actually her attorneys requested it as they are pretty reliable--not 100%--and are used as investigative tools.
It means she was planning to go public in August. Feinstein could have asked for an FBI investigation then. She didn't.

Investigative tool? That's a joke. She was only asked two questions about the assault. JMO

Per other Georgetown prep classmates Kavanaugh lied today about the meaning of "boof" and Devil's triangle. More will come out.

When I was in school, “boof” was more commonly a sort of derogatory shorthand guys used for anal sex. “Bootie f***” or “Butt f***”

Maybe that’s what he meant? (*rolls eyes*)

Still, it’s a chauvinistic, “conquest”-oriented word.

Last edited:
Does anyone here hold an opinion on Kavanaughs guilt or innocence that is in opposition to their political viewpoints?

In other words, Are there any liberals here who think he is innocent or any conservatives who believe him to be guilty?

Honest question for Kavanaugh supporters:

Is that that you don't think he committed sexual assault - or, that you don't think it matters whether he did or not (in other words, it's a non-issue)?

FWIW, after his display today, I saw enough of his behavior today to think he's not a good candidate for the position regardless of the allegations. I also think he will be confirmed.

But if supporters care to answer my question, I am seriously interested and not asking to be snarky.

jmo

Kavanaugh refused a polygraph. He refused to request a FBI investigation to clear him. What does that say to you? He stands on no moral ground.
His testimony was to avoid answering questions. If you were an ethical person you would stand strong and answer strong.
Shameful display and shameful support for this low-life.
So all Kavanaugh had to do to get the FBI to investigate this case was to just ask them?

You sure about that?

Well, what a day! Just a few of my own thoughts....

Grassley really tried to make us believe that Dr. Ford was quite fortunate to be "allowed" to testify. Whereas, I was fully cognizant of the fact that all Americans were quite fortunate that Dr. Ford was brave enough to upend her life and reveal the character of Brett Kavanaugh.

Any scintilla of respect I had left for Lindsey Graham before his little tirade today is now gone. And his claim that this is the most unethical sham he's seen in politics was not only disingenuous, but quite revisionist. He seems to have conveniently forgotten all about Merrick Garland. BTW Linds, righteous indignation is not a good look on you.

I'm officially enamored with Corey Booker and Kamala Harris.

Brett Kavanaugh is clearly 100% partisan and far too emotional to sit on the Supreme Court, IMO. And righteous indignation isn't a good look on him, either.

I found Dr. Ford's testimony to be very believable. And I assume anyone who was sexually assaulted would be much more likely to recall the details of a party that occurred 37 years ago than anyone who was inebriated or just hanging out.

If I hear ONE MORE TIME how an FBI investigation works, I will scream! That said, there should be an FBI investigation. I guess Kavanaugh doesn't want that so Trump will not order it. Shocker!

Sadly, I fear Kavanaugh will be appointed and there will be a dark cloud over him for the duration of his service on the Supreme Court. How unfortunate for all of the American people. But we know now, he likes beer!

As something of an aside.....I saw a lot of speculation today that Lindsey Graham is after the Attorney General appointment and that he is the reason Trump is so critical of Sessions. Have you all heard this?

Many college applications ask for an essay describing a challenge the student overcame. The college isn't reading the essay to scrutinize every detail of the challenging situation (though expect the details are true as students are expected to submit honest work), but instead is looking at details in the essay to understand the character of the student.

Likewise, the information that Dr. Ford shared wasn't to charge him with a crime, but to let the decision makers know about problems with his character. imo

jmo

Well said, @Inthedetails.

Judiciary Committee Chairman JOE BIDEN (D-DE) In 1991: The ‘FBI Explicitly Does Not, In This Or Any Other Case Reach A Conclusion, Period’

Watch video...

Leader McConnell
Twitter
Link doesn't work for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics