Supreme Court Nominee

Should a person be judged on something done over 40 years ago?

• Yes

Votes: 59 39.1%
  • No

Votes: 17 11.3%
  • Depends

Votes: 75 49.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I felt that Kavanaugh was lying almost every time he answered a question. It seems several of his friends from college are thinking the same thing. Here's a video of one of his Yale friends.

Cuomo Prime Time on Twitter

I agree about the lack of truth/candor. He should have just answered the questions--instead he challenged, berated, argued and pounded the desk.

Then the report would be blank I suppose. IDK. I'm not an FBI expert.
Maybe if Dr Ford's memory improves and she can say where the assault happened or name other witness's further information can be found. JMO

Whatever information Mark Judge is refusing to testify to today, I imagine. The FBI might be able to get him to answer some questions. Who knows?
How would the FBI do that?

Does anyone here hold an opinion on Kavanaughs guilt or innocence that is in opposition to their political viewpoints?

In other words, Are there any liberals here who think he is innocent or any conservatives who believe him to be guilty?

Hi CoolJ,

I for a while was undecided as in 50/ 50.
I initially thought Ford might be believable. But now
I have issues with Fords lack of memory in many areas, how she got there, how she left, date, times, place, etc.
I also thought she seemed a bit exaggerated and overly whiny. Did I misread that?

As far as Kavanaugh, Unless something else comes out, as in there’s nothing so far to corroborate her claims, It’s hard for me to justify destroying someone’s life over something that might have happened thirty plus years ago when they were a teenager.
The whole question is “might have happened”. But at this point, I’m thinking something might have happened but it was at the hands of someone else. Iow, it is hard to say as the details are really too vague.

It’s quite scary to think someone can come along and destroy our life 30 or more years later just because for whatever...... well, just think up a reason. Do you get my drift? IOW, Better be careful , if you have even one enemy, or decide to go into politics, you could become a target with no means to defend yourself. Why, because it takes only one person to accuse you of something you might have done when you were a teenager , and your whole world can change.
Does that sound like a world you want to live in?

Whatever information Mark Judge is refusing to testify to today, I imagine. The FBI might be able to get him to answer some questions. Who knows?

It’s not just that Judge refused to testify. The Judicairy committee will not allow any (corroborating or otherwise) witnesses to testify. There are several people who could be called whose names were brought up today. And an FBI investigation would result in additional witnesses.

Maybe if Dr Ford's memory improves and she can say where the assault happened or name other witness's further information can be found. JMO
I think FBI can start with July 1. From his calendar he was with Judge a/k/a wasted and P.J. AZ prosecutor started asking Kavanaugh about it today but Lindsey Graham started in with his rant, strategically ending that line of questioning. There are two other women making accusations--a lot to work with. Kavanaugh's lies are being exposed by the hour.

By interviewing him. I would think he would be chomping at the bit to clear his friend's name if it would help his friend.
How would that help prove Dr Ford's claim?

It’s not just that Judge refused to testify. The Judicairy committee will not allow any (corroborating or otherwise) witnesses to testify. There are several people who could be called whose names were brought up today. And an FBI investigation would result in additional witnesses.
Maybe I missed something. I thought at this point there are only 2 people who could call for an FBI investigation on the specific topics covered in the hearing today. Those two people are Trump and Kavanaugh. Is that incorrect?

Hi CoolJ,

I for a while was undecided as in 50/ 50.
I initially thought Ford might be believable. But now
I have issues with Fords lack of memory in many areas, how she got there, how she left, date, times, place, etc.
I also thought she seemed a bit exaggerated and overly whiny. Did I misread that?

As far as Kavanaugh, Unless something else comes out, as in there’s nothing so far to corroborate her claims, It’s hard for me to justify destroying someone’s life over something that might have happened thirty plus years ago when they were a teenager.
The whole question is “might have happened”. But at this point, I’m thinking something might have happened but it was at the hands of someone else. Iow, it is hard to say as the details are really too vague.

It’s quite scary to think someone can come along and destroy our life 30 or more years later just because for whatever...... well, just think up a reason. Do you get my drift? IOW, Better be careful , if you have even one enemy, or decide to go into politics, you could become a target with no means to defend yourself. Why, because it takes only one person to accuse you of something you might have done when you were a teenager , and your whole world can change.
Does that sound like a world you want to live in?

BBM. A Supreme Court Justice or any judge for that matter, is supposed to be non-partisan.

And yes, other things have come out....not sure how closely you’ve paid attention.

I would say not me. I am conservative and I believe him. Professor Ford, I think that she has mental issues. I think that she actually has convinced herself that this happened.
I also 100% believe that today was a political hit job.
I do not blame BK for being furious. I would have been waaay more confrontational then he was.
I hope that he is voted into the supreme court, as he probably would have been if Feinstein and Ford hadn't thrown this huge accusation in at not the 13th hour, but the 15th hour!!
Absolutely despicable behavior from the left.
FYI. If, I was not a conservative prior to today, I'm pretty sure I would have #walked away tonight.

Does anyone here hold an opinion on Kavanaughs guilt or innocence that is in opposition to their political viewpoints?

In other words, Are there any liberals here who think he is innocent or any conservatives who believe him to be guilty?

I think FBI can start with July 1. From his calendar he was with Judge a/k/a wasted and P.J. AZ prosecutor started asking Kavanaugh about it today but Lindsey Graham started in with his rant, strategically ending that line of questioning. There are two other women making accusations--a lot to work with. Kavanaugh's lies are being exposed by the hour.
Are you responding to the correct post?

My post is about Dr Ford's poor memory and how if it improves it could help in finding new information.

I'm so sorry Hope. Such a painful week with too many coming forward with horrible stories. I hope this can be a healing time.

Thank you, and the past few weeks have indeed been a triggering time for many, including me, but for some of us at least, including me, they have been liberating as well.

After all these years, for the first time it feels possible to tell, and to tell more than I have ever told before, to anyone. I will never tell anyone I know, including my husband, exactly what happened, the all of it, the every kind of assault and pain and degradation, but after today, I'm determined to call a rape crisis hotline tomorrow and for the first, last , and only time, say it all, so I will have done
everything I could to at long last diminish the damage silence does.
Thank you, Dr. Blasey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member