VA - Virginia Tech Shooting, 32 murdered, 23 injured, 16 April 2007

OMG he is quoting Anne Coulter and South Park on his website..per the radio.
and Fight Club

Well, people could have said that in '66, when Whitman struck. I was there. We got over it after being in shock awhile, and went on. Young people are especially resilient.

40 years later, we're still moseying along, with a bunch of crazies but somehow most of us manage to raise pretty good kids and all. In general, hasn't violent crime actually gone down???? I think so. In the past year or two, though, we've seen a sharp rise again - especially murders.

Terrorism is a whole different ballgame. Obviously college campuses and many other schools are just not prepared. Where were the homeland security workers in that town? Where was preparedness? It does seem like they had alot of ambulances.

As Dr. Phil said tonight, this is a different ERA and we'd better wake up. College campuses need to be better prepared. What a shame for these poor parents. They will never get over it.

Something is up with this. Not just our ill preparedness as how can we truly prepare ourselves? Our country is free, free to go to Walmart, free to go to classes etc. This could be the incidious attack that we all dread. Don't know right now but it isn't comfortable.

okay the guy who's website they think is his..has a posting on it now that says he is not the shooter and that he will give interviews regarding the incident!? He will only talk to those that will donate to charities. Just another whacko.

ETA: they said it seems as though he left it for a long enough time so that people would think he might be the shooter.
the web addy has waynusmaximus in the title but they said it too fast.

Can any of us imagine living in a place where there is armed security at every corner?? We are all waiting to hear whatever information they can pull together regarding the reasoning behind the shootings. This just proves, ance again, that a single person with a gun, if they are deternined, can cause a monumental amount of damage, before being stopped.

And what you are saying Buzz is if they want to do something bad enough they will find a way, right?

I heard that school sits on 26,000 acres and has 26 different schools, and the nhumber of students had a 26 in it as well. Could there be 26,000 students there? I think that is what they said on TV and I made a mental note of one student per acre!~ LOL

And what you are saying Buzz is if they want to do something bad enough they will find a way, right?

I heard that school sits on 26,000 acres and has 26 different schools, and the nhumber of students had a 26 in it as well. Could there be 26,000 students there? I think that is what they said on TV and I made a mental note of one student per acre!~ LOL

the 26k students is right, 9,000 live on campus. it is 2,600 acres and hundreds of buildings.

Scandi, I've heard different numbers of students, from 25,000 up to 29,000. Is there a tie-in between the bomb threats and the shootings? I'm waiting to hear whether it is a b/f g/f situation, or whether there is much more to it. The perp is said to have arrived in August, entering the country on the West coast, a 24 year old Chinese National.

Does anyone know yet if this was one shooter or if it was 2 seperate instances??

I have been thinking about the Campus lockdown issue and I read what Nova said.
The police had no reason to think that there was anything more then a crime of passion after the first shooting.
I just don't think anyone could have predicted what happened later.

I totally agree ... the first shootings seemed completely isolated.
Even with bomb threats, there is really no way to prepare for this or to predict it could or would happen. I mean, every college and University in the country could be on lockdown everyday and something still could happen.

Those who wish to kill and reek havoc will succeed in doing so because of their anger and determination.

I was the News Editor for my University's paper and you'd be shocked at the crime that happens on campus daily. A man walked into a women's dorm once, right into the showers and raped a woman. And you can't get passed the attendant without photo ID!!
Also, a man attacked a group -- yes group -- of girls on our campus. Luckily, a campus security guard heard the screams and chased the man away -- but not before one woman was beaten and dragged by her hair.

One radio jock today said campus security guards should be in unmarked, civilian clothes with their guns hidden from plain sight. I though, well that's a dumb idea ... even if an "unmarked" officer were to shoot at this gunman, cops may have mistakenly shot him, thinking he was a gunman.

There are no easy solutions to this kind of mass murdering.
It's a shame, but no one should be persecuted here except the crazed gunman.
JMO

okay the guy who's website they think is his..has a posting on it now that says he is not the shooter and that he will give interviews regarding the incident!? He will only talk to those that will donate to charities. Just another whacko.

ETA: they said it seems as though he left it for a long enough time so that people would think he might be the shooter.
the web addy has waynusmaximus in the title but they said it too fast.

So drudge links to this:

http://wanusmaximus.livejournal.com/?REFER=xanga_redirect

Internet Names the Wrong Killer-From Wired's Blog

My local news just said there was only one shooter and it all started with a fight with his girlfriend over another man. They interviewed students that attend VT from my area.

Kind of off topic, but I think 6 is an unlucky number in China. I know 8 is considered lucky.

Well, people could have said that in '66, when Whitman struck. I was there. We got over it after being in shock awhile, and went on. Young people are especially resilient.

40 years later, we're still moseying along, with a bunch of crazies but somehow most of us manage to raise pretty good kids and all. In general, hasn't violent crime actually gone down???? I think so. In the past year or two, though, we've seen a sharp rise again - especially murders.

Terrorism is a whole different ballgame. Obviously college campuses and many other schools are just not prepared. Where were the homeland security workers in that town? Where was preparedness? It does seem like they had alot of ambulances.

As Dr. Phil said tonight, this is a different ERA and we'd better wake up. College campuses need to be better prepared. What a shame for these poor parents. They will never get over it.

Wow, Martha, that was a rough time down in Austin that day. I lived in Texas then but was at another college... but I'll never forget the shock of all of it. I recently read a Texas Monthly magazine article about it (40th anniversary?) and all of my memories seemed so vivid again. I'm so glad to know you've been able to put that day behind you, or put it in perspective... but I also know it must have been quite traumatizing on many levels. I wasn't as young and naive as I was the day JFK was murdered (and I was there that day, and shook his hand)... but realizing one gunman could kill so many innocent and vulnerable people did take away a small piece of my innocence.

One of the first victims has the last name of Clark and is originally from Augusta, GA. I didn't catch the first name... but my heart just jumped at the mention of his hometown... I was born and raised in that area. I just pulled up the Augusta Chronicle and they have not posted anything about the first casualty, but they have a post about a young man that missed the 1st shooting thanks to having an early meeting that placed him away from the shooting:

http://chronicle.augusta.com/stories/latest/lat_041607_vatechlocal.shtml

First time I heard this I thought "it's some sort of terrorist attack". How could one man lock the doors with chains, and kill that many people? I feel this was well thought out. Two much ammunition to be a spur of the moment thing.
Perhaps the first killing was a diversion, a way to get and keep the cops busy!
When will people wake up to the fact that terrorists don't just have to blow up buildings to strike terror in our hearts?
What terrifies a nation more than senseless killings of our children.
Something is off here. I just think that this sounds like a Jihad attack.
IMHO

Someone on another site I post on found this earlier today, but they are saying it's not him. http://wanusmaximus.livejournal.com/

The guy has a post on it saying he is not the shooter and he will give interviews.

Does he have photos of himself with guns and he is Asian? Geraldo won't name him because it is not confirned {can you believe that ;} but FOX News is in the process of checking this out real thoroughly!

Hi BEAN!

Does he have photos of himself with guns and he is Asian? Geraldo won't name him because it is not confirned {can you believe that ;} but FOX News is in the process of checking this out real thoroughly!

Hi BEAN!

Yes he has pictures of himself with tons of guns. Someone on another message board found his page early today. I don't know how. He also says some really odd things on the page.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clueliz
Back