Supreme Court Nominee #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
before fords tradegy - -he perjured himself many times

Yes, we should continue to hold SCOTUS nominees to a professional standard, not a political one. Judicial appointments are serious business, always have been, always should be. When you decide to practice law and consider serving on the bench, you know the rules of the game. You have to know those rules to pass the bar exams. Judicial canon and code of conduct is very clear, they're supposed to guide your professional actions from the first day you begin practicing law.

Code of Conduct for United States Judges

ABA/BNA Lawyers Manual on Professional Conduct | The Center for Professional Responsibility

Lying under oath to Congress (or in any legal proceeding) is a definite no-no.

I am not here to get into the back and forth with anyone. In fact I find it nonproductive.

I am simply stating my own opinion and I still say he has a proven record of having the right judicial temperment for many years when he has sat on the bench.

I do understand his anger and emotional outburst. He was seeing his life long record being destroyed along with his family who were getting death threats.

If he had remained calm under such trying circumstances of his entire life I would think that was a very abnormal reaction for anyone accused who has firmly said they are innoncence.

But more importantly he was not on the bench presiding over cases. When he is on the bench he is well known for having the right judicial temperment required each and every time attorneys have been
come before him.

Imo

I understand all of this, and believe it or not, agree with most of it.

Where I and many others part ways isn't because K was angry & expressed that, vehemently. Any one would want to & likely feel the right to, and K is human before he is anything else.

It wasn't his anger, it was his CONSIDERED decision , made the night before at the latest, to inject rank partisanship. To blame democrats. To threaten dems. To insert conspiracy accusations about a former president & sec of state.

He should have written all that out then torn it up. He didn't. That's on him, and it does speak to judicial temperament, and reasonable doubt that he would be unbiased on the SC.

ok they are doing this to torture the world!!!! I had not idea there was gonna torture us for hours

I thought it would be vote

leave

tomm

and the world either is saved (!) or heading further down the toilet

it sounds like this is gonna go on and on !

This letter to the editor describes my feelings about BK behavior:

To the Editor:

After watching the Brett Kavanaugh hearing, I cannot make a diagnosis as I have not interviewed him. However, as one who has done forensic interviews for 20-plus years with alleged abusers and with victims, I found his demeanor to be similar to those who are tragically guilty — the defiance, anger, resentment, tears of pain, use of his daughters, sniffing in aggrieved bitterness.

I’ve had accused who eventually confessed sit in my office with similar “how dare you destroy my life?” behavior.
Even if confirmed, his opening statement gave him away as arrogant and hostile. Innocents falsely accused tend to present very different behavior and emotion.

Kalyani Gopal
Dyer, Ind.
The writer is president-elect of the Illinois Psychological Association.

Opinion | Awaiting the Outcome of the Kavanaugh Fight

Flake & Manchin voted YES on cloture. Murkowski is a
NO on cloture.

(For anyone unfamiliar with how this works, cloture is a preliminary to votes on the nomination itself. It's a vote about whether or not each Senator believes deliberations/discussions should end & the vote be taken).

Last edited:
I think you are bang on RANCH. This smear campaign by the Democrats and left wing media is going to backfire on them in a big way.

Above all else, the people want truth and honesty from their politicians and media.

It is a sad state of affairs what has gone on here, but i think most Americans eyes are opening as to the crookedness of the system in general. This is a defining moment in history.

I agree with this. IMO, the Democrats have even less of a grasp on middle America than they had in 2016.

This attempt to eliminate due process is despicable, and IMO, it will backfire.

god there all dumb!!

Would any private sector entity say ok we all now can work for 30 hours at least!!!!!

sounds like he will get to go through another 30 hours - everyone is just gonna repeat the same stuff again

I suppose it gives un another 30 hours for a Nancy Grace (ugh smile) BOMBSHELL.

Think a dash of old school VCR tapes of the gang of obnoxious drunks might be interesting.

All the witnesses ignored - only option is now is to come forward to the media.

The Jamie roommate is compelling

So hopefully - they will do so over the next 30 hours

This letter to the editor describes my feelings about BK behavior:

To the Editor:

After watching the Brett Kavanaugh hearing, I cannot make a diagnosis as I have not interviewed him. However, as one who has done forensic interviews for 20-plus years with alleged abusers and with victims, I found his demeanor to be similar to those who are tragically guilty — the defiance, anger, resentment, tears of pain, use of his daughters, sniffing in aggrieved bitterness.

I’ve had accused who eventually confessed sit in my office with similar “how dare you destroy my life?” behavior.
Even if confirmed, his opening statement gave him away as arrogant and hostile. Innocents falsely accused tend to present very different behavior and emotion.

Kalyani Gopal
Dyer, Ind.
The writer is president-elect of the Illinois Psychological Association.

Opinion | Awaiting the Outcome of the Kavanaugh Fight

Yah. Large numbers of women on SM said they recognized the pattern of an abuser, because they had lived with one: the angry outburst, the blaming of others, the self pity, then....the apology, without taking responsibility (I'm sorry you made me so angry I had to hit you), and last.....the promise to be better, to try harder.

(No, I'm not saying K is a wife abuser, so no need to go there).

SOrry guys this makes no sense !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Only in govt!!!

Can you imagine a board meeting at McDonalds, spending hours discussing if you want to do something and then needing to vote about wanting to vote or not wanting to vote about voting on the vote and only if you vote to vote will you be able to vote but if you don't want to vote on taking the vote today you vote not to vote again by voting not to vote for the vote by voting no to voting resulting in no vote!!

Sure seems like we are all doing a heck of alot voting around this place!

Sure does not sound like a time efficient way of doing business!

just do your job already - enough already

Not that it matters at the moment (a tad late), but the ABA is reconsidering their rating for K, based on his rant.

hi hope

your name is needed!

they already demoted him -- before all this he went from very qualified to qualified

but the most insulting has to be your alma matter does not think you should you get a job promotion

can you imagine !! WHew!

SOrry guys this makes no sense !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Only in govt!!!

Can you imagine a board meeting at McDonalds, spending hours discussing if you want to do something and then needing to vote about wanting to vote or not wanting to vote about voting on the vote and only if you vote to vote will you be able to vote but if you don't want to vote on taking the vote today you vote not to vote again by voting not to vote for the vote by voting no to voting resulting in no vote!!

Sure seems like we are all doing a heck of alot voting around this place!

Sure does not sound like a time efficient way of doing business!

just do your job already - enough already

Disagree. These protocols serve to put breaks on terribly important decisions being made by the Senate, the deliberative body, designed start to finish to not succumb to passions of the day. Bravo. There should be more of that, and strictly enforced, imo.

I understand all of this, and believe it or not, agree with most of it.

Where I and many others part ways isn't because K was angry & expressed that, vehemently. Any one would want to & likely feel the right to, and K is human before he is anything else.

It wasn't his anger, it was his CONSIDERED decision , made the night before at the latest, to inject rank partisanship. To blame democrats. To threaten dems. To insert conspiracy accusations about a former president & sec of state.

He should have written all that out then torn it up. He didn't. That's on him, and it does speak to judicial temperament, and reasonable doubt that he would be unbiased on the SC.
Flake & Manchin voted YES on cloture. Murkowski is a
NO on cloture.

(For anyone unfamiliar with how this works, cloture is a preliminary to votes on the nomination itself. It's a vote about whether or not each Senator believes deliberations/discussions should end & the vote be taken).

Very accurate. It's a vote on whether to vote. ;-)

Disagree. These protocols serve to put breaks on terribly important decisions being made by the Senate, the deliberative body, designed start to finish to not succumb to passions of the day. Bravo. There should be more of that, and strictly enforced, imo.

Nominating SCOTUS justices is a serious matter. It's a lifetime appointment. Nominees are supposed to be held to the highest standards in the US. They're lowering the bar with this guy (again).

god there all dumb!!

Would any private sector entity say ok we all now can work for 30 hours at least!!!!!

sounds like he will get to go through another 30 hours - everyone is just gonna repeat the same stuff again

I suppose it gives un another 30 hours for a Nancy Grace (ugh smile) BOMBSHELL.

Think a dash of old school VCR tapes of the gang of obnoxious drunks might be interesting.

All the witnesses ignored - only option is now is to come forward to the media.

The Jamie roommate is compelling

So hopefully - they will do so over the next 30 hours

Even better - video of him lying under oath to Congress.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288