Found Safe MD - Crystal Haag, 14, Baltimore, 26 April 1997

Not false information. It appears that she has been leading a full and happy life and did reconnect with her family some time this year. Her last name is not Haag. I would guess that the reunion has been kept intentionally private so I doubt we'll see any articles. What a happy ending.
Can you link to any information or let us know where you received this information? I’m sure you can understand we are all very curious as to what were the circumstances surrounding her disappearance. Was is intentional? She was only 14. Was it a family custody issue? Thank you for helping us to understand.

I just saw this on Charley Project and came right over here to see if anyone here had heard about it. Looks like most of us are in the same boat...I want to believe it's true but you would think there would have been at least one article about her being found. Think of the hope this could bring to people who are still waiting for their loved ones to be found!

Can you link to any information or let us know where you received this information? I’m sure you can understand we are all very curious as to what were the circumstances surrounding her disappearance. Was is intentional? She was only 14. Was it a family custody issue? Thank you for helping us to understand.

I found her on social media so I obviously can’t post links here and she appears to be well and she has a family of her own. I don’t know any details about her situation beyond what I’ve seen

She went missing from apparently a really dangerous part of Baltimore so I doubt there was much coverage. I imagine she doesn’t want much fanfare in the media, it could have been a sensitive family situation but idk

Try copy/pasting the link into the google search bar, then when it shows up in the search results, click the little green arrow beneath and view in cache. Images are not displayed but the text works.

I'm in Europe so I've been having to open an awful lot of sites that way lately, with the cookie law.

Try copy/pasting the link into the google search bar, then when it shows up in the search results, click the little green arrow beneath and view in cache. Images are not displayed but the text works.

I'm in Europe so I've been having to open an awful lot of sites that way lately, with the cookie law.

Thank you, it worked.

thanks I tried it. I also found her on fb but I wont post because I don't know if the article was supposed to show her name. it seems like the article was taken down? idk I was only able to see the cached version.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...210e58a94cf_story.html?utm_term=.df4e04e884b2

BALTIMORE — Twenty years, 10 months and two weeks after her daughter vanished, Cynthia Haag was inside the row house she refused to abandon — lest her missing child come back — when her phone started to ring. Her other daughter was on the line, saying she’d just gotten an unexpected message on Facebook.

It was from Crystal. The long-lost child.

[...]

Crystal remembers those years differently than her mother. She said she barely got along with her siblings. She said she snuck out all of the time. And she said she was not the happy kid her mother recalled. In fact, she was so miserable and so scared that the only plan that made sense to her was to escape.

Wow! So she ran away to New York with nothing and assumed a new identity. Crazy story!! She had been repeatedly sexually abused since age 9 and thought her mom knew about it. So that’s why she left.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...fKdJxSzH1biGXBpQdLcIxc&utm_term=.1dba5bc24bac

It sounds like she had a really rough time of it.

Her story is a reminder that even the most loving parents might not recognize what their children are going through, especially if they’re forced to work long hours. What might seem like an idyllic childhood to the parent could be anything but idyllic to the child.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back