GA - Alexa Brodak, 27, found deceased, Savannah, 8 July 2018

Staci McCole

Reaction score
SAVANNAH, Ga. (WSAV) - Police are investigating the death of a woman whose body was found Sunday afternoon near Yamacraw Village.

According to the Savannah Police Department (SPD), Alexa Brodak was found dead around 3:30 p.m. on W. Boundary Street near Cohen Street.

Around that time, about a mile away, SPD also responded to the scene of a shooting in Yamacraw Village. Witnesses say at least two people were shot.

At this time, police have not confirmed whether the two incidents were connected.

They also haven't said how Brodak died.

She worked as a waitress at the Cotton Exchange Tavern on River Street.

She leaves behind a two year old son.

Police say the investigation into Brodak’s death is ongoing.

The body of a friend of my daughter's was found on July 8th, 2018 in Savannah, GA at W. Boundary Street near Cohen Street. A news report concerning the incident was aired on July 12th calling it a "death investigation". One more news report was aired with photos of Alexa and some additional personal information. I contacted the local TV station about a month later and they had no further updates. I spoke with the detective yesterday who is assigned to the case and was told the case was still under investigation. He was unable to tell me the nature of the death, whether or not it was self-inflicted, how the body was found, etc. What struck me as odd was several weeks ago I looked on the Savannah Police Department website and was able to pull the incident up on the interactive map but now it's gone. Just this evening I have requested a copy of the initial police report via email. I don't have much information right now but after scouring Alexa's Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram for clues, my conclusions are still all over the place. Maybe by getting this out there I can find someone who may have information or assist in the investigation. Any thoughts, comments, suggestions are greatly appreciated.

The body of a friend of my daughter's was found on July 8th, 2018 in Savannah, GA at W. Boundary Street near Cohen Street. A news report concerning the incident was aired on July 12th calling it a "death investigation". One more news report was aired with photos of Alexa and some additional personal information. I contacted the local TV station about a month later and they had no further updates. I spoke with the detective yesterday who is assigned to the case and was told the case was still under investigation. He was unable to tell me the nature of the death, whether or not it was self-inflicted, how the body was found, etc. What struck me as odd was several weeks ago I looked on the Savannah Police Department website and was able to pull the incident up on the interactive map but now it's gone. Just this evening I have requested a copy of the initial police report via email. I don't have much information right now but after scouring Alexa's Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram for clues, my conclusions are still all over the place. Maybe by getting this out there I can find someone who may have information or assist in the investigation. Any thoughts, comments, suggestions are greatly appreciated.

has anyone found the cause of death?

are you able to post the report? is there an update on her death?
Sorry, I don't recall this specific document, but typically if we review a document and OK it we would post that on the thread. So I have to assume the document was not within TOS and could not be posted.

I have since obtained the initial police report when her body was found. Am I allowed to post it here?
If you are not allowed to post the police report - would you be able to explain some of what happened in your own words? A friend of Lexis from Maryland reaching out and lots of friends in Maryland curious as to what actually happened to her. TIA

I have since obtained the initial police report when her body was found. Am I allowed to post it here?

If you are not allowed to post the police report - would you be able to explain some of what happened in your own words? A friend of Alexas from Maryland reaching out and lots of friends in Maryland curious as to what actually happened to her. TIA

According to the Savannah Police Department (SPD), Alexa Brodak was found dead around 3:30 p.m. on W. Boundary Street near Cohen Street.

Around that time, about a mile away, SPD also responded to the scene of a shooting in Yamacraw Village. Witnesses say at least two people were shot.

At this time, police have not confirmed whether the two incidents were connected

FWIW, the below article includes details about the trial for the man accused of the Yamacraw Village shootings that happened on the same day and in the same vicinity that Alexa was found - although it's never been confirmed whether or not the two incidents were related. Nevertheless, I find the mention of a crime spree in multiple locations...interesting.

Grant murder trial jury recesses

On Friday, Thompson and fellow prosecutor Matt Breedon presented evidence of related crimes that left large numbers of 9 mm bullet casings, as well as other calibers, at locations they attribute to the crime spree.

In one of those, police were called to a Yamacraw Village address on July 8, 2018, and found Roshamill Miller and Virgil Wright suffering from gunshot wounds, with Wright inside a blood-splattered apartment.

If you are not allowed to post the police report - would you be able to explain some of what happened in your own words? A friend of Lexis from Maryland reaching out and lots of friends in Maryland curious as to what actually happened to her. TIA
I am back searching for more answers in Lexi's death. I have requested more documents from the police department to see if I can learn more about what happened. The cause of death was not noted in the initial police report - just that she was found "face down in the grass through an opening in a chain link fence. . . ." and " . . . in an H shape, and the grass in front of her hand been pressed down as if she had been drug into her position." I did a google map view of the location and it was under an overpass near US 17 - not a good area so led me to believe that she was taken there from somewhere else. I just received another email from the police dept and they said I would have to request additional info from the Superior Court.

I found some additional information yesterday. Freddie Lee Jackson and Reginald Antonio Anderson are being charged with "concealing death of another" in connection to Lexi's death. There is an ongoing investigation. I am still searching for more.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back