Found Deceased ME - Kristin Westra, 47, North Yarmouth, 30 Sept 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think a mentally healthy person would commit suicide over renovating. Leave their young daughter behind, all family and friends forever knowing the renovation will eventually have an end date.

Of course it could be the straw that broke the camels back.

Moo

I am just starting in this thread and I have to agree. All people are different but I am in the middle of a whole house renovation. And 100% it is hectic, overwhelming and just messy. Anyone including myself is just crazy to torture themselves this way but I cannot imagine it driving someone to suicide. If suicide is the case, there had to be more going on.

No matter how close help might seem to those on the outside, the one that is suffering sees no hope at all.

Agreed. And what folks see on the outside as being trivial, manageable, or easy-peasy can seem insurmountable to the one suffering. That's why it bothers me so much when people tell folks who are suffering with depression to buck up, snap out of it. It's sounds easy, but it isn't, not without help in most cases. If it were that easy, don't they get it that it would have been done already?

This has been a particularly painful thread for me to follow...because I have suffered with anxiety and depression myself, and seen others suffer, sometimes ending their lives by their own hand or attempting to. I have had the feeling almost from the beginning that this was self-harm. Alleykins, you are so right. It may seem unreasonable or trivial to someone looking in, but certain situations can seem hopeless. Throw in the hormones of a woman Kristin's age, and I totally get it. My heart aches for her husband and children.

She was found by children playing in the woods.

Children playing in woods find woman’s body near North Yarmouth home of missing teacher

The body was found at 10:30 a.m., but Capt. Craig Smith of the Cumberland County Sheriff’s Office would not say who found it or provide other details.

On Friday night, Ed Gervais, who lives in the house on Gray Road where the police team retrieved the body, confirmed that it was his grandchildren who found the body in the woods. He was at work at the time, but said his wife, Joyce, was at home.

Asked if his grandchildren were all right, Gervais said, “I hope so” before declining to comment further.

Seems like the police chief confirmed it here:

North Yarmouth Fire Rescue

I would like to take a moment to thank the Maine State Police, The Cumberland County Sheriff's Office, The Maine Wardens Service, Maine Search and Rescue Team, Cumberland County EMA, York County EMA, The Civil Air Patrol, Chebeague Island Fire Rescue, Yarmouth Fire Rescue, Cumberland Fire Rescue, Falmouth Fire Rescue, the Salvation Army, all the members of North Yarmouth Fire Rescue, and the community that came out to help search for or provide food for the volunteers. Our thoughts and prayers go out to Kristin Westra, her friends, and family.

My apology if I have missed someone in my thanks. I can not express how grateful I am to have had all the support in this tragic time.

Respectfully
Chief Gregory Payson

:(Found by children? Ugh! How awful for them :(
Agreed !

Damn....
Those poor kids. VERY traumatic !
Hopefully they thought she was maybe unconscious as in injured, or just sleeping ? Not sure how old they are or how much they'd understand ?

My first thought at this time is possibly a suicide. My condolences to her family !
What a sad outcome.

Agreed !

Damn....
Those poor kids. VERY traumatic !
Hopefully they thought she was maybe unconscious as in injured, or just sleeping ? Not sure how old they are or how much they'd understand ?

My first thought at this time is possibly a suicide. My condolences to her family !
What a sad outcome.
Strange that a teacher was found by children- just so sad! That is not something that those poor children will ever forget, no matter what their ages.

Idk their ages or the school system up there, but we are on fall break (one week)

fall break like spring break? down here where i am at in texas, we dont have fall break we have spring break in march we have a 2 week christmas break maybe thats why, dont know. we also have, in case we need it, cold weather days

Seems like kids should have been kept in their yards, with the searches going on in the area...

They may have been in the yard...depending on if the body was on the ground or somewhat elevated. It sounds like it was just the children, no adult, so I’m guessing they aren’t super young and likely knew exactly what they’d found.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong