AL - Jason Dykes, 36, charged w/ unlawful imprisonm., DV assault/strangulation, Mobile, 13 Sep 2018

cybervampira

Reaction score
https://www.wkrg.com/news/mobile-co...ked-to-vian-case-expected-in-court/1456399881

A man arrested last week after a search that authorities thought might be connecting to a missing person case is expected back in court this morning. Jason Dykes is scheduled for an arraignment hearing this morning.

At first Mobile Police thought the property may have some connection to missing mom Danniella Vian. Dykes faces charges unrelated to the disappearance.

36-year-old Jason Corey Dykes is charged with unlawful imprisonment, domestic violence assault, and domestic violence strangulation.
upload_2018-10-9_0-56-36.jpeg
Dykes entered a not guilty plea during his arraignment hearing. The judge raised his bond to $50,000 from $30,000. Jason Dykes was also appointed an attorney by the court as he is considered financially indigent.

Victim says Theodore man imprisoned her for weeks - Lagniappe Mobile

Man arrested after Vian search pleads not guilty to domestic violence charges

Theodore property with connection to missing Mobile woman under investigation

Thank you for starting this thread. I feel there is much to be discussed on this case and the suspected link to the Daniella Vian case.

Was Daniella’s thread shut down?
We don't know why the thread was removed this morning. So until the siutation is resolved with DNV we thought it would be a good time to focus on JCD case and any possible connection to DNV case.

The alleged victim in the case filed a petition for a protection order in which she alleged Dykes "raped, beat and held me against my will for 3 1/2 weeks."

The petition goes on to say Dykes "made it clear that he will kill me."

In a handwritten letter filed with the petition, the alleged victim makes the following accusations against Dykes:

"...he took all resources such as my cell phone away from me so I couldn't contact anyone."

"He wouldn't allow me to eat or drink a lot of times and when he did after eating or drinking what he gave me I would become dizzy very sleepy and I would fall asleep until he hit or yelled at me..."

"He tied me up with a amp cord until I passed out and he made me sleep with cord around my throat. He beat me in my face, head and body with a metal rod with a whip attached to the end of it."

Accuser: Theodore suspect "raped, beat and held me against my will for 3 1/2 weeks"

Thank you @cybervampira for starting this!! As I stated in DNV's thread yesterday (never got to read any responses though)
Was JCD's victim ever reported as a MP? 3.5 weeks is a long time to be held captive and have no one report you missing. Why didn't MSM/LE cause a much bigger stir when two women went missing within weeks of each other- both heavily connected to the same family???

Thank you @cybervampira for starting this!! As I stated in DNV's thread yesterday (never got to read any responses though)
Was JCD's victim ever reported as a MP? 3.5 weeks is a long time to be held captive and have no one report you missing. Why didn't MSM/LE cause a much bigger stir when two women went missing within weeks of each other- both heavily connected to the same family???
A few people have searched to see if there were any reports of a female being reported missing in Mobile around the time of this case and nothing could be found. MPD has a crime map on its website and I checked but didn't see any reports of missing females. Maybe the victims family is not local?

A few people have searched to see if there were any reports of a female being reported missing in Mobile around the time of this case and nothing could be found. MPD has a crime map on its website and I checked but didn't see any reports of missing females. Maybe the victims family is not local?

Friends?? Co workers?? Boss?! I just think someone would have had to have noticed if she went missing for 3.5 weeks. I guess I'm headed in a direction that's not particularly helpful to this thread/not the reason we're here.

The alleged victim in the case filed a petition for a protection order in which she alleged Dykes "raped, beat and held me against my will for 3 1/2 weeks."

The petition goes on to say Dykes "made it clear that he will kill me."

In a handwritten letter filed with the petition, the alleged victim makes the following accusations against Dykes:

"...he took all resources such as my cell phone away from me so I couldn't contact anyone."

"He wouldn't allow me to eat or drink a lot of times and when he did after eating or drinking what he gave me I would become dizzy very sleepy and I would fall asleep until he hit or yelled at me..."

"He tied me up with a amp cord until I passed out and he made me sleep with cord around my throat. He beat me in my face, head and body with a metal rod with a whip attached to the end of it."

Accuser: Theodore suspect "raped, beat and held me against my will for 3 1/2 weeks"

That sounds beyond horrifying. I could not imagine her fear.

As someone said in DNV's thread- $50,000 is very high for bond in this case and interesting the judge increased it from $30,000
Does anyone think it's possible they did find some evidence there about the DNV case during the property search but can't release it to the public and that's why his bond is so high- because they know he's involved in DNV disappearance? They're just using this case as a reason to hold him until they can build a stronger case??
I hope this doesn't violate any TOS. I'm so worried about it after DNV's threads 4 and 5 getting shut down. Someone let me know if I need to delete this! TIA

As someone said in DNV's thread- $50,000 is very high for bond in this case and interesting the judge increased it from $30,000
Does anyone think it's possible they did find some evidence there about the DNV case during the property search but can't release it to the public and that's why his bond is so high- because they know he's involved in DNV disappearance? They're just using this case as a reason to hold him until they can build a stronger case??
I hope this doesn't violate any TOS. I'm so worried about it after DNV's threads 4 and 5 getting shut down. Someone let me know if I need to delete this! TIA
If you are concerned about possible violation, I believe the moderators are here to help you. Look to your upper right, you will see a moderator if there is staff online in real time. Start a conversation and ask. Note: if you are ever really worried about a post you have made Report/alert on your own post and explain. I’ve learned through the school of hard knocks. I think you’re fine though. imo

Last edited:
LE interviewed after the property search said there was a connection between the JDC property and DNV but LE did not elaborate on the nature of the connection and so far as what I've read MSM on site did not ask a follow up question to clarify. LE arrived at the property around 6 am and left around 1 pm. There were an estimated 40 LE staff on sight conducting searches of the property. We have not heard from LE or MSM about any followup to the property search in terms of evidence related either the JCD case or DNV case.

Friends?? Co workers?? Boss?! I just think someone would have had to have noticed if she went missing for 3.5 weeks. I guess I'm headed in a direction that's not particularly helpful to this thread/not the reason we're here.
I will expand the search area to look for any missing persons reports in surrounding counties but within Mobile City it doesn't appear the victim was listed as missing. One MSM report indicated that loud noises were heard from the property. So, I wonder who reported the noises or did the victim escape and report the situation herself? By all accounts the mother and father of JCD were living at the property. Others have pointed out that due to the size of the property (under 2,000/SF) that it is unlikely that anyone living there would not have heard noise of some kind. The assessors card says that there is main house and what looks like a shed garage. Maybe there were other outbuildings on the property and that might have been where victim was being held that were not on the tax card.

I agree. I wondered is this girl “estranged” from her family? We know the family stated this about DNV? What are the similarities with these two girls? Looks like both have a child from males in this family.

I believe it is quite likely LE found evidence on JD's property connecting DNV and I think JD's victim is providing valuable information.

I will expand the search area to look for any missing persons reports in surrounding counties but within Mobile City it doesn't appear the victim was listed as missing. One MSM report indicated that loud noises were heard from the property. So, I wonder who reported the noises or did the victim escape and report the situation herself? By all accounts the mother and father of JCD were living at the property. Others have pointed out that due to the size of the property (under 2,000/SF) that it is unlikely that anyone living there would not have heard noise of some kind. The assessors card says that there is main house and what looks like a shed garage. Maybe there were other outbuildings on the property and that might have been where victim was being held that were not on the tax card.
Did the victim escape her captivity or did LE rescue her on the property ?

Did the victim escape her captivity or did LE rescue her on the property ?

I have been wondering this as well. Something makes me think she escaped but I do not remember actually reading it anywhere.

Edit by me for spelling!

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member