Identified! TX - Huntsville, 'Walker County Jane Doe', WhtFem 14-16, 91UFTX, Nov'80 Sherry Ann Jarvis

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found another prisoner with ties to Rockport and Port Aransas. He was 16 in 1978 when he murdered an elderly woman and was arrested. I found a comment on a Port Aransas site that claims he had been arrested with some of his friends (sounds like he hung around with him) not long before the murder for stealing a car. He was tried as an adult and sentenced to life. It doesn't say he was at the Ellis Unit but the trial was held in Huntsville. His younger sister would have been around the age of WCJD but she seems to be accounted for. Its possible he could have had a girlfriend that wanted to visit him.

I found another prisoner with ties to Rockport and Port Aransas. He was 16 in 1978 when he murdered an elderly woman and was arrested. I found a comment on a Port Aransas site that claims he had been arrested with some of his friends (sounds like he hung around with him) not long before the murder for stealing a car. He was tried as an adult and sentenced to life. It doesn't say he was at the Ellis Unit but the trial was held in Huntsville. His younger sister would have been around the age of WCJD but she seems to be accounted for. Its possible he could have had a girlfriend that wanted to visit him.

Interesting possibility.

I was reading other threads regarding events in Texas and I came across the name Jonathan David Drew. He was arrested in 1998 when a traffic stop revealed a nearly naked, bloody woman in the truck cab with him. He had raped her, beat her, and it appeared that he had tried to strangle her. She died a few days later from the head injuries. They searched his home and found women's clothing, a bat stained with an unknown substance, and human teeth. It immediately made me think of WCJD but he was only 25 in 1998 so he would have been 7 when she was killed. I was curious if the person who killed her kept her clothes or disposed of them. It could be they knew about hair comparison or like Drew they wanted to keep them.

I was reading other threads regarding events in Texas and I came across the name Jonathan David Drew. He was arrested in 1998 when a traffic stop revealed a nearly naked, bloody woman in the truck cab with him. He had raped her, beat her, and it appeared that he had tried to strangle her. She died a few days later from the head injuries. They searched his home and found women's clothing, a bat stained with an unknown substance, and human teeth. It immediately made me think of WCJD but he was only 25 in 1998 so he would have been 7 when she was killed. I was curious if the person who killed her kept her clothes or disposed of them. It could be they knew about hair comparison or like Drew they wanted to keep them.

I've seen it referenced that serial killers will often dispose of clothing to delay or prevent identification of the body. If she hadn't been seen by other people, we would have no idea what she was wearing. It's also possible that there was forensic evidence on the clothing that would point to his own identity. Finally, there's many who would be gratified by leaving her nude, but this could also be satisfied by leaving the clothing at the scene, so I feel it must be some combination of the above.

I've seen it referenced that serial killers will often dispose of clothing to delay or prevent identification of the body. If she hadn't been seen by other people, we would have no idea what she was wearing. It's also possible that there was forensic evidence on the clothing that would point to his own identity. Finally, there's many who would be gratified by leaving her nude, but this could also be satisfied by leaving the clothing at the scene, so I feel it must be some combination of the above.
I'm curious because it could give a clue to who killed her. Although finding her killer won't necessarily lead to her identity it would be nice to know he didn't get away. If he did it once he probably did it again, especially if she was a stranger to him.

He left her where she would definitely be found. I'm wondering how he wasn't seen on the side of the road while he took her body from the vehicle. Unless he was parked on a side road and came toward the highway from that way.

Someone with the brass balls to leave their murdered girl/woman where she will be found, is a man brave or stupid enough to think they won't be caught. TV has left people with the belief that SKs are evil geniuses with deep-seated psychoses. In real life, they are usually just evil jerks.

He left her where she would definitely be found. I'm wondering how he wasn't seen on the side of the road while he took her body from the vehicle. Unless he was parked on a side road and came toward the highway from that way.
That area of 45 is pretty remote would have been dark and not much traffic I would imagine. Especially considering the short time he was there to leave her.

That area of 45 is pretty remote would have been dark and not much traffic I would imagine. Especially considering the short time he was there to leave her.
When did they start regulating how long truck drivers could drive in a stretch? Since it wasn't that far from a truck stop I would imagine a big rig could come by at any time. Also it was Halloween night so kids might have been running around anywhere.
Did all those side roads next to 45 exist at that time? I think most of them are still two way.

When did they start regulating how long truck drivers could drive in a stretch? Since it wasn't that far from a truck stop I would imagine a big rig could come by at any time. Also it was Halloween night so kids might have been running around anywhere.
Did all those side roads next to 45 exist at that time? I think most of them are still two way.
I think you’re correct about them being two way. I am not sure about the side roads or what the population north of town looked like at that time. The area where she was found is a little north of Huntsville. I’m guessing there was not much there. And he felt pretty safe not being caught dropping her there. He obviously wanted her to be found though. Anything indicator of SK I would think. Otherwise why but try harder to conceal or hide her so that she wouldn’t be Found.

I think you’re correct about them being two way. I am not sure about the side roads or what the population north of town looked like at that time. The area where she was found is a little north of Huntsville. I’m guessing there was not much there. And he felt pretty safe not being caught dropping her there. He obviously wanted her to be found though. Anything indicator of SK I would think. Otherwise why but try harder to conceal or hide her so that she wouldn’t be Found.
Unless he felt some kind of remorse afterward. Put her somewhere she is sure to be found so she can be taken care of. Or he was leaving her there to brag about the power he had, that he could do something like that and not be caught.
Reading about Jonathan David Drew they said he didn't have the build up like most killers. He was reported as violently attacking girls when he was as young as 8 or 9. Usually they start with petty things like peeping or exposing themselves before they work up to actually attacking a live person.

Unless he felt some kind of remorse afterward. Put her somewhere she is sure to be found so she can be taken care of. Or he was leaving her there to brag about the power he had, that he could do something like that and not be caught.
Reading about Jonathan David Drew they said he didn't have the build up like most killers. He was reported as violently attacking girls when he was as young as 8 or 9. Usually they start with petty things like peeping or exposing themselves before they work up to actually attacking a live person.

Or harming animals. That's a big red flag, iirc.

I just finished a book about Jesperson (happy faced killer) and in his own words he says what I think we all suspect but it still makes me shudder to read, "it is just too easy to kill and get away with it when you are long haul trucker". I am not suggesting Jesperson is her killer but I think there are truckers out there that have yet to be caught and I'm fairly certain WCJD is the victim of one of them.

I am not sure he wanted her to be found or not. I think she meant as much to him as flicking a cigarette butt. He didn't care if she was found. He was many hours down the road by the time they found her. He probably had her clothing as a souvenir to remember her but I don't think he cared one bit if she was found. JMHO

I am not sure he wanted her to be found or not. I think she meant as much to him as flicking a cigarette butt. He didn't care if she was found. He was many hours down the road by the time they found her. He probably had her clothing as a souvenir to remember her but I don't think he cared one bit if she was found. JMHO
ICAM. The profile of a psychopath; no feeling. She was nothing more than an object to him. A kleenex to blow his nose on and toss away.

As I read this I reflect on how lucky I am to have the group of girlfriends I do. We are *so* protective of each other. We like to think of ourselves as being delightful and charming, but if a man crosses the line with any of us....we turn in to a pack of raging she-devils. I wish all women had friends like mine. : )

ICAM. The profile of a psychopath; no feeling. She was nothing more than an object to him. A kleenex to blow his nose on and toss away.

As I read this I reflect on how lucky I am to have the group of girlfriends I do. We are *so* protective of each other. We like to think of ourselves as being delightful and charming, but if a man crosses the line with any of us....we turn in to a pack of raging she-devils. I wish all women had friends like mine. : )

BBM. I wish they did too. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member