Hurricane Michael - October 2018

Also not sure if posted already but the Weather Channel says they are broadcasting on Sirius/XM—also there’s a website www.poweroutage.us

Ps I’m having a reality check with myself about gratitude right now considering I’m really irritated with my pizza taking a verrrry long time—-at least I have shelter and a warm meal on the way, which is much more than others have right now.

Last edited:
(Hi just getting in and checking in with everyone. I’m surprised to hear HM was almost a 5 when it hit...interested in reading more statistical data.

Sending positive thoughts to all affected!

Today we had our first snow in Colorado and we under a freeze warning right now—-this is really wacky weather and an early winter—-it’s seems so strange that there’s a tropical storm/hurricane in one area and deep cold and freeze in another. I wonder if this rare as well, the converse conditions, and how this might affect/have affected the storm.

Going back to read and catch up now, hugs to all members and their loved ones in Michael’s path.

Stay safe and warm, margarita25!

Heading off to bed. All of You are in my thoughts and prayers.

124465-feeebd4a1e9e6a8788c59ba28fec0453.jpg

Attachments

• prayerHandsInHeart.jpg
    prayerHandsInHeart.jpg
    539.8 KB · Views: 0
People whimpered and prayed, babies cried, children called for their mothers and all the while, bit by bit, the hotel that was saving them from Hurricane Michael's howling was falling apart, brick by brick and roofing tile by roofing tile.

The hurricane’s eyewall came through Panama City shortly after noon Wednesday, shearing trees in half, twisting roofs from their supports and tossing truck trailers and RVs like toys.
Hurricane Michael devastates Panama City, Florida, in harrowing 2 hours

I cant lie. I am more terrified than I have ever been in my life during bad weather and I am 71 years old.

Our local news says to expect catastrophic damage with a possibility of loss of life. It will come in at 100 mph.

We have had constant heavy rains since this morning. We are an area of Georgia filled with huge tall trees. The rain is already soaking the roots making the trees unstable. So many trees are either going to topple over or be uprooted and slammed into structures.

I am praying harder than I have ever prayed before for my own community..my dear loved ones and every single one who will be affected and has already felt Michael's fury.

May God be with all of us.

Anxious to see your posts as I catch up here, Ocean. Thinking of you and your community at this time.

(Hi just getting in and checking in with everyone. I’m surprised to hear HM was almost a 5 when it hit...interested in reading more statistical data.

Sending positive thoughts to all affected!

Today we had our first snow in Colorado and we are under a freeze warning right now—-this is really wacky weather and an early winter—-it’s seems so strange that there’s a tropical storm/hurricane in one area and deep cold and freeze in another. I wonder if this is rare as well, the converse conditions, and how this might affect/have affected the storm.

Going back to read and catch up now, hugs to all members and their loved ones in Michael’s path.

Mags <3 Do you remember the wildfires and mudslides thread? And when our IQ lost her home? Oh my, this has me feeling that same anxiety waiting for everyone to post.

Weather Channel reported it was still a Cat 3 when it entered Georgia. Wow.
I was shocked to see the strength this storm maintained after going over land. The images from Mexico Beach are devastating.

Latest on my cousin...lots of uprooted and downed trees but non fell on her house (unbelievable), many blocking roads. She is ok. Her brother will try to bring her a generator today if he is able to get through somehow. Those chain saws will be going non stop...

I am so incredibly grateful she is ok. Waiting to hear back from OBE and all the others here that were in Michael's path.

I'm so grateful that we came through this unscathed. I'm just west of Dothan but what a difference that a few miles can make. It got rough here for a few hours and the power flickered but never went off.
I've got family coming in today..they had to postpone their visit waiting out Michael. I'll venture out to the grocery store for a few items due to that, not sure what I'll find. I think our town had some downed trees,they are lifting the curfew this morning.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back