Steven Avery: Guilty of Teresa Halbach's Murder?

Is Steven Avery responsible for the murder of Teresa Halbach?

• He did it

Votes: 253 29.7%
  • Some other guy did it

Votes: 67 7.9%
  • Looks guilty at this point

Votes: 74 8.7%
  • Not guilty based on evidence I've seen thus far

Votes: 195 22.9%
  • Undecided, but believe new trial is in order

Votes: 254 29.8%
  • Undecided all around; more information required

Votes: 55 6.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yet, nobody knew the body had been burned until after the initial round of interviews. So, clearly no one knew anything about a body being there.

Yes, no one who had the opportunity saw any evidence of a body being burned.

Occam's Razor would suggest the most parsimonious explanation is that there was no body in that fire.

Except Steven and Brendan. You can easily look this up.

Please, show me where Steven says he knew there was a body in his burn pit.

Or is this yet more speculation trying to pass itself off as fact?

Your post is nothing but denials and excuses, with claims of "evidence" with nothing to back them.

The facts of the case are incidental to you, and each one is simply something else to look for an excuse for.

Don't waste my time anymore. I'm done.

You've wasted your own time.

I used mine wisely showing in detail how the claims you're trying to sell aren't as advertised.

You've wasted your own time.

I used mine wisely showing in detail how the claims you're trying to sell aren't as advertised.

I think someone is putting all of their attention on planted evidence and failing to use common sense and logic.

also, when even Boomstick said earlier, when i asked him, that there were no indications on the bones that a knife or a hacksaw was used (dismemberment)... that would mean he just threw the body in the fire... jesus. stuffed it in the barrel or threw her in the pit.. with how many people living nearby? have you ever burned your hair on your arm..?

Might want to try reading the case files before rolling out explanations.

They were in and among the mud, and debris.

Sprinkled onto the surface. Now you are saying things without even bother to check. Your reflex to resort to excuses makes this conversation very difficult.

Can you show me where it specifically says that there were in the mud and debris? Testimony? CASO report? How about a picture?

I want to respond to so many different issues, but think that it might be a waste of my time :)

I would like to point out though that all of these topics, the fire, the bones, the barrel's, etc. have been discussed over and over in other threads, usually titled with the topic ;-)

For example:

Bones

The Bonfire

Your post is nothing but denials and excuses, with claims of "evidence" with nothing to back them.

The facts of the case are incidental to you, and each one is simply something else to look for an excuse for.

I enjoyed reading your posts. All very well thought out and presented.

If you are truly done you will be missed.

We have ZERO witnesses stating she left.

We have a 2nd hand account saying someone else said she left.

We have the defendant claiming he left, which is mired in a series of proven lies.

Meanwhile, we have a boatload of evidence that ties the defendant to the crime, including his own lies.

Boatload of evidence? Are we talking about a different case here?

You presented good arguments. I enjoyed reading your posts. You may not see them often, but there are definitely guilters on here. You'll be missed by them if ur truly gone.

+Undecided but believe a new trial is in order

I'm watching the series again since the second season is coming out next week, and it makes me mad all over again.
Why didn't you ask for an attorney and zip it when the cops interviewed you, Steve? Why did your family authorize the cops searching the property?! Arrggghhhh. I feel sorry for this guy but talk about digging your own grave!

The main thing I learned watching this is never, ever agree to a LE interview without an attorney present!

Last edited:

I'm watching the series again since the second season is coming out next week, and it makes me mad all over again.
Why didn't you ask for an attorney and zip it when the cops interviewed you, Steve? Why did your family authorize the cops searching the property?! Arrggghhhh. I feel sorry for this guy but talk about digging your own grave!

The main thing I learned watching this is never, ever agree to a LE interview without an attorney present!
Most people who are guilty will agree to talk to police. They simply don't want to be suspected, and they reason that being uncooperative is akin to being the prime suspect. They are probably right. But in the end a person that has made absolutely no statements is a far easier person to defend.

It is cases like this that makes me leery of cooperating with police. Ordinarily I would want to answer questions because I want the bad guys to be caught. But this shows that some police are very interested in framing witnesses. It's like giving that Nigerian Prince your banking information!

Sure, people might think I look guilty if I 'lawyer up', but who can afford to take the chance that these people might want to harm you?

Most people who are guilty will agree to talk to police. They simply don't want to be suspected, and they reason that being uncooperative is akin to being the prime suspect. They are probably right. But in the end a person that has made absolutely no statements is a far easier person to defend.

Oh definitely. That's why people with drugs in their car let cops search it anyways, when they had a right to say NO. They don't want to appear suspicious.

Dude's guilty as three days are long.
He may be.
With none of Theresa's DNA or Brandon's DNA in the trailer, I don't see how SA could have murdered her and cleaned up all the DNA evidence. Brandon said they shot her, slit her throat then choked her and raped her. Steve's trailer was a cluttered pigsty.
Plus the recorded phone calls to Jodi that day around 5 and 9 pm make him seem very calm and upbeat. He wasn't out of breath or distracted when he spoke to Jodi.
I think Brandon's older brother may be the murderer.

The wait is almost over! Nexflix docu-series Making a Murderer became a worldwide phenomenon following its release in December 2015. The twisted story surrounding Steven Avery and Brendan Dassey — who were convicted of murdering Teresa Halbach in 2005 — has audiences torn over whether or not Avery committed the murder or if he was framed by local police. Now, the new trailer for Season 2 is here, and you better believe we'll be clearing our schedule on Oct. 19.
Netflix Releases Making a Murderer Season 2 Trailer — Watch! - In Touch Weekly

He may be.
With none of Theresa's DNA or Brandon's DNA in the trailer, I don't see how SA could have murdered her and cleaned up all the DNA evidence. Brandon said they shot her, slit her throat then choked her and raped her. Steve's trailer was a cluttered pigsty.
Plus the recorded phone calls to Jodi that day around 5 and 9 pm make him seem very calm and upbeat. He wasn't out of breath or distracted when he spoke to Jodi.
I think Brandon's older brother may be the murderer.
Brendan !

Brendan and Steve Avery are both low IQ, watching the police interviews with Brendan in series 1 made me so angry - he is highly suggestible, and would say the moon was made of cheese if they wanted him to. I'm looking forward to the second series, but at this point I think the murderer was very clever, and realised that in placing Theresa's car and remains at the car lot they would avoid detection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member