GUILTY NJ - Jersey City, 10 mo baby found deceased on train track, April 2018 - Te'Myah Plummer

@AnaPisces - since you started this thread - :) - can you get into N.J. court site for the next court date?

TIA!

@AnaPisces - since you started this thread - :) - can you get into N.J. court site for the next court date?

TIA!

I would love to help, Niner but I wouldn't even know where to go to do that :oops::oops: My sleuthing skills do not match yours at all!

Toddler whose body was dumped along train tracks had cocaine in system, autopsy reveals

An autopsy of the 23-month-old girl whose body was found in a suitcase in Jersey City in April has revealed the toddler died of cocaine intoxication and unspecified violence.
[.....]
Ray Worrall, a spokesman for the HCPO, said there are no additional charges pending against Plummer at this time.
[.....]
Plummer returned to court last week where the state said it would seek an extended prison term based on his criminal record. The crime he is currently charged with is punishable by five to 10 years in prison under New Jersey law, but an extended term would mean more prison time if convicted.

Toddler whose body was dumped along train tracks had cocaine in system, autopsy reveals

An autopsy of the 23-month-old girl whose body was found in a suitcase in Jersey City in April has revealed the toddler died of cocaine intoxication and unspecified violence.
[.....]
Ray Worrall, a spokesman for the HCPO, said there are no additional charges pending against Plummer at this time.
[.....]
Plummer returned to court last week where the state said it would seek an extended prison term based on his criminal record. The crime he is currently charged with is punishable by five to 10 years in prison under New Jersey law, but an extended term would mean more prison time if convicted.

:mad::mad::mad:

baby girl never had a chance at life. :(

Wednesday, Nov. 7th:
*Status Hearing (@ ET) - NJ- Te'Myah Layauna Plummer (2) (Last seen Aug. 2017, Virginia; found Apr. 11, 2018 Jersey City near PATH tracks in a suitcase) - *Travis Lamont Plummer (37) "father" arrested in Puerto Rico (4/19/18), extradited (7/5/18), charged (4/23/18) & arraigned (10/9/18) with 2nd degree disturbing/desecrating human remains. Plead not guilty. Bond set at $250K cash or $500K Surety bond.
7/11/18 Update: Plead not guilty, Judge denied his request for bail. Bond set @ $250K cash or $500K Surety Bond.
10/9/18 Update: Had arraignment hearing on 10/9. Defense files motion to extend status hearing. Next hearing on 11/7.

I'm not sure this is the correct charge on the site - what do you think?

Court: 0614 - VINELAND CITY MUNICIPAL COURT Address: 736 E. LANDIS AVE, PO BOX 1508, VINELAND, NJ 08362-1508 Court Phone: (856) 794-4214
Offense: 2C:12-1A(1) Offense Description: SIMPLE ASSAULT-PURPOSELY/KNOWINGLY CAUSE BOD. INJURY

Court Date/Time: 11/14/2018 05:00 PM Court Room: 0001
Case: S 2018 2175 Court: 0614 Defendant: TRAVIS PLUMMER Status: Active

link: Municipal Court Case Search

what I have down for his charges is:
with 2nd degree disturbing/desecrating human remains.

Do you think this is the "same" charge?
TIA! :)

I'm not sure this is the correct charge on the site - what do you think?

Court: 0614 - VINELAND CITY MUNICIPAL COURT Address: 736 E. LANDIS AVE, PO BOX 1508, VINELAND, NJ 08362-1508 Court Phone: (856) 794-4214
Offense: 2C:12-1A(1) Offense Description: SIMPLE ASSAULT-PURPOSELY/KNOWINGLY CAUSE BOD. INJURY

Court Date/Time: 11/14/2018 05:00 PM Court Room: 0001
Case: S 2018 2175 Court: 0614 Defendant: TRAVIS PLUMMER Status: Active

what I have down for his charges is:
with 2nd degree disturbing/desecrating human remains.

Do you think this is the "same" charge?
TIA! :)

Looks like a different charge to me. Not sure what this means....

Looks like a different charge to me. Not sure what this means....

Unfortunately then these are the only 2 active cases for him. I did notice it says Municipal Court. Any idea "where" I could find a link to Hudson County in New Jersey? If you have any luck?! :)

Unfortunately then these are the only 2 active cases for him. I did notice it says Municipal Court. Any idea "where" I could find a link to Hudson County in New Jersey? If you have any luck?! :)

I know how to google, but I can never figure out how to get to the actual records.
Maybe something on this page:
Hudson Vicinage
I have no idea. I'm really not good at finding court records like you are.

I know how to google, but I can never figure out how to get to the actual records.
Maybe something on this page:
Hudson Vicinage
I have no idea. I'm really not good at finding court records like you are.

Neither can I... :rolleyes: That site wants $$ for court records. Oh well - thanks for trying. Maybe we'll get someone in here better at googling than us! LOL!

Wednesday, Nov. 13th:
*Pretrial Hearing (@ 5pm ET) - NJ- Te'Myah Layauna Plummer (2) (Last seen Aug. 2017, Virginia; found Apr. 11, 2018 Jersey City near PATH tracks in a suitcase) - *Travis Lamont Plummer (37) "father" arrested in Puerto Rico (4/19/18), extradited (7/5/18), charged (4/23/18) & arraigned (10/9/18) with 2nd degree disturbing/desecrating human remains. Plead not guilty. Bond set at $250K cash or $500K Surety bond.
7/11/18 Update: Plead not guilty, Judge denied his request for bail. Bond set @ $250K cash or $500K Surety Bond.
10/9/18 Update: Had arraignment hearing on 10/9. Defense files motion to extend status hearing. Next hearing on 11/7.
11/7/18 Update: Next hearing is 11/14.

bumpitupbump_zpslfblvcp8.gif

for little Te'Myah!

Hey me again! Need a little help from my friends! :)
I hope someone can help me with these.

I'm going to call on
@JerseyGirl, @cybervampira, @SeesSeas, @MsMarple, @mistivon, @Eleven_11, @Suglo

I hope I haven't scared anyone away with ALL your Alerts from me! :D

No access to this court site as it's New Jersey.
Hope you all don't mind me tagging you! I need HELP!!

here's what I have:
Wednesday, November 14th:
*Pretrial Hearing (@ 5pm ET) - NJ- Te'Myah Layauna Plummer (2) (Last seen Aug. 2017, Virginia; found Apr. 11, 2018 Jersey City near PATH tracks in a suitcase) - *Travis Lamont Plummer (37) "father" arrested in Puerto Rico (4/19/18), extradited (7/5/18), charged (4/23/18) & arraigned (10/9/18) with 2nd degree disturbing/desecrating human remains. Plead not guilty. Bond set at $250K cash or $500K Surety bond. **Hudson Cnty
11/7/18 Update: Next hearing is 11/14. No update as of 11/25

Thanks!

Oops - looks like I missed a hearing for this guy.... and I can access the court site too! :)

Case: S 2018 2175 Court: 0614 Defendant: TRAVIS PLUMMER Status: Warrant

Warrant Number: S 2018 2175 Agency: 0614 Warrant Issued Date: 01/23/2019
Bail Amount: $1,000.00 Bail Type: 10%

Court Date/Time: 01/23/2019 09:30 AM Court Room: 0009

I'm not finding any media coverage of the 1/23 court appearance.

This recap of the case was published Jan 3, 2019:

New Jersey's biggest news stories in 2018 included several major crimes.

Among those were two cases in which kids were killed by stray gunfire, a bus crash that claimed a teacher and student, and a brutal assault that was deemed a hate crime.

Here's a look back at some of the most noteworthy crime stories of 2018.

Child's body found in suitcase
The body of 23-month-old Te'Myah Layauna Plummer was found in a suitcase near railroad tracks in Jersey City last April.

An autopsy determined she died of cocaine intoxication and "violence," though exactly when and where she died remains unclear.
The grisly discovery led to the arrest of her father in Puerto Rico. Travis Plummer is charged with disturbing or concealing human remains.

The girl's mother, who lives in Virginia, told police that Plummer took the child from her and went to North Carolina.

He later "traveled to New Jersey with the decomposing body of Te'Myah wrapped in multiple bags in a suitcase," prosecutor's revealed in July, and, after hiding the suitcase in a friend's garage, disposed of it along the train tracks.

A baby dies, a student killed in a hallway, a family decimated: The biggest crime stories of 2018

Why the person responsible for death of girl found in suitcase hasn’t been charged (and may never be)

The case of a 23-month-old girl found dead in a suitcase near Journal Square heaps tragedy upon tragedy.

While Te’Myah Plummer’s father, Travis Plummer, has been charged with dumping her body beside railroad tracks last year, uncertainty of where and when the girl died has prevented any further charges from being filed.

Plummer, 38, is charged with desecrating human remains after the toddler’s body was found April 11 alongside train tacks just outside Journal Square. The charge carries a possible sentence of five to 10 years, but Plummer could face up to 20 years in prison if convicted due to his priors, which include a conviction for child abuse after his 8-month-old son drowned in a bathtub in Virginia in 2005.
[.....]
Since then, an autopsy on Te’Myah’s decomposed body revealed she died of cocaine intoxication and unspecified violence, and ruled her death a homicide. However, the report did not determine the time of her death or the location. That has made it impossible for prosecutors to claim they have jurisdiction and file homicide charges, a source with knowledge of the investigation said.
[.....]
At a plea cutoff hearing Monday morning, Seborowski said the state has no plea offer for Plummer. As a result, Hudson County Superior Court Judge Patrick Arre set April 1 for the start of jury selection for Plummer’s trial, which is expected to last less than two weeks.

more in article.

Monday, April 1st:
*Jury Selections begins (@ am ET) - NJ- Te'Myah Layauna Plummer (2) (Last seen Aug. 2017, Virginia; found Apr. 11, 2018 Jersey City near PATH tracks in a suitcase) - *Travis Lamont Plummer (37) "father" arrested in Puerto Rico (4/19/18), extradited (7/5/18), charged (4/23/18) & arraigned (10/9/18) with 2nd degree disturbing/desecrating human remains. Plead not guilty. Bond set at $250K cash or $500K Surety bond.
Trial starts 4/1/19, should last 2 weeks. Judge Arre also ruled that a 4-hour statement Plummer gave to authorities in Puerto Rico will be admissible at trial. He made the statement while being interview by an FBI agent, a Port Authority police officer and a homicide detective from the Hudson County Prosecutor’s Office.
4/1/19: Note: Court site does NOT show this trial happening.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back