GUILTY - Tammy Moorer trial for Kidnapping Heather Elvis, 8 Oct 2018 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
So is the “I hope your daughter is safe and sound” the sole basis for alleging terry thought she was missing in July?

I mean, she could have gotten into an accident and he needed the records to prove she was not on the phone, or she could have been ignoring her family’s calls so he reached out to verify she was active with her phone. Doesn’t mean she was literally missing.

Edit: Nevermind, it’s from December, I typed too soon

Marissa Tansino WMBF‏ @MarissaTansino 28s28 seconds ago
State has their time for redirect now. Solicitor Nancy Livesay brought up the comment from T-Mobile on the records. She says when you take a closer look at the phone records you see Terry Elvis was requesting that data and information the night after Heather went missing.

"Your Honor, that is outside the scope; I only asked about that one time," says the defense attorney. Does it take more than one time to open that door? Can someone with legal knowledge tell me how many times it takes?

Julie Calhoun‏ @JulieCalhounTV 3m3 minutes ago
During re-direct the prosecution brings up when the T-Mobile employee told Terry Elvis "I hope your daughter is safe and sound" that if you look closer @ the phone records, Terry Elvis requested Heather's phone records on Dec 19th, 2013 the day after she went missing @WBTWNews13

Marissa Tansino WMBF‏ @MarissaTansino 6m6 minutes ago
State has their time for redirect now. Solicitor Nancy Livesay brought up the comment from T-Mobile on the records. She says when you take a closer look at the phone records you see Terry Elvis was requesting that data and information the night after Heather went missing.

Nick Papantonis WPDE‏Verified account @NickPapantonis 38s38 seconds ago
Prosecution argues that the defense isn't portraying the data correctly. That wraps up our first session of the day and we'll go into our 15 minute morning break.

Last edited:
Aww...the camera just panned on the Elvis Family!!
th
th

The WPDE stream zoomed in on someone eating from a big ole bag of potato chips. :D During Nancy's redirect, I felt like grabbing some popcorn.
HA! I saw that. I'm starving!

Wonder what this bailiff/officer was whispering to TM a few minutes ago? She didn't call him over; he walked up to her on his own. You could hear her say, "that's fine," after about 30 seconds of him talking in her ear.

Attachments

• Screenshot (126).jpg
    Screenshot (126).jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 47
That young defense attorney seems awfully young, and at times not too bright either. Guess he's doing his best, just doesn't have much to work with, or it looks that way so far.

I can’t speak to SC, but here in Chicago, they will have the ‘greener’ counsel question a witness here and there to hone their skills and practice. The flow of a good attorney, in my opinion, is crafted with time, education and experience - I think sometimes it’s much easier lobbing questions off the wall, practicing, versus an actual witness on trial day.

Watch TM claim her defense failed her. Although, currently, that's accurate.

She did that after Sidney's trial, I have no doubt she will blame her own attorney too.

In August 2017, Moorer was tried for obstruction of justice, and was convicted and sentenced to 10 years in prison.

After that trial, "the relationship between defense counsel [Truslow] and Defendant [Moorer] deteriorated," the motion states. "Defendant and Defendant's family members accused defense counsel of conspiring with State prosecutors in an effort to have Defendant convicted, as well as other allegations."

Moorer's family even contacted the trial judge with these allegations, the motion continues.

"Defense counsel submits that based upon the deterioration of the attorney client relationship, further representation by defense counsel is not possible," the motion states.

Based on these factors, Truslow respectfully requested that he be relieved as co-counsel for Moorer.

Moorer's lawyer says family accused him of conspiring with State, requests to be relieved as counsel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zhoule