Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #42

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not saying what he did was right. Like I said in another post his actions afterwards don't make sense. I think it's possible he thought he was going to get blamed for killing all of them and disposed of them to avoid all of this.
jmo
I'm thinking he said that right? But the very next day he gave interviews and all cleaned up and smiling! I have a really hard time relating to that with the circumstances he knew of! Personally I think to give interviews was foolish of him and then with his demeanor.

If CW was SO enraged seeing SW strangling the girls (that he murdered SW) ... MURDERED! ... why in the hell would he care one bit about preserving her reputation and dumping/hiding the bodies. Rather, I guess I should ask, what is his reason for dumping/hiding the bodies? That in a fit of rage he just lost it, panicked, and said to himself ... ‘no one will believe me, I have to dump them all’? I see no reason he can give that will fly, eapecially with his behavior after Monday.
He wants everyone to believe he killed only SW, not the children, and he killed her in a fit of rage that would carry a manslaughter charge, not First Degree Murder, but he thought everyone would blame him for all 3 murders, so he hid their bodies hoping everyone would believe SW took off with the children to build a new life.

I'm thinking he said that right? But the very next day he gave interviews and all cleaned up and smiling! I have a really hard time relating to that with the circumstances he knew of! Personally I think to give interviews was foolish of him and then with his demeanor.

The interviews were definitely a bad idea......

I'm not saying what he did was right. Like I said in another post his actions afterwards don't make sense. I think it's possible he thought he was going to get blamed for killing all of them and disposed of them to avoid all of this.
jmo
I agree. His actions don’t make sense and in fact, they indicate that he is guilty as sin. No loving father could possibly witness the murders of his 3 and 4-year-old daughters, load their bodies up within an hour or so, cram those little bodies down into tanks of crude oil – one after the other, and 12 hours later put on an act for law enforcement at the wellness check. No signs of grief. Just a whole lotta lies.
MOO

I agree. His actions don’t make sense and in fact, they indicate that he is guilty as sin. No loving father could possibly witness the murder of his 3 and 4-year-old daughters, load their bodies up within an hour or so, cram those little bodies down into tanks of crude oil – one after the other, and 12 hours later put on an act for law enforcement at the wellness check. No signs of grief. Just a whole lotta lies.
MOO

I know, it's hard to believe any of this can happen in real life.
jmo

If the roles were reversed what would you think of him or her?
Every couple has their own dynamics. Imo there's usually one that is more the leader than the other but hopefully there's give and take on both sides. I think a question of their dynamics is whether or not CW felt he could simply take the position of asking for a divorce or going to the extreme and murdering his family to get out. Of course there could be other reasons too (ie financial) where asking for a divorce didn't seem viable to CW.

The interviews were definitely a bad idea......

I still kind of wonder if was he was encouraged to do them by LE (and the Thayers?). I think they knew something was hinky from the get go. They told him not to go out and search himself but perhaps they were saying - hey, you can get the word out. Talk to the press. Then they could just sit back and see what he might reveal. Jmo.

While I don't feel I can diagnose whatever might be wrong with CW, I totally agree with you about wanting to hear the things he said to his family and the AP regarding SW.

I suspect that at the beginning of their relationship CW was attracted to her outgoing and take charge nature but eventually came to resent it quite deeply. Instead of talking to her about what he was feeling, it seems likely he expressed those things to others while pretending everything was hunky dory at home, at least for a time. That is certainly the impression I formed from information via one of our VI's who knew them both.

I also think we'll probably be hearing from some of those people at trial if the defense strategy includes attempting to lay the blame for this at SW's feet. Jmo.

BBM. I agree with all of this. It's so incredibly common and stereotypical it's sad.

Many husbands play the agreeable "aw, shucks" guy who lets his wife lead at home and supports her every move while at the same time completely trashing her and blaming her for things to his family (usually his mom in my personal experience) and whoever behind her back.

I definitely think there will be witnesses testifying to help with the SW character assassination, if allowed and necessary.

ALL JMO

Obviously CW is evil and sick. I find it hard to believe that anyone buys his cruel, perverted accusation that his murder victim also murdered the children she so clearly adored. (No, CW, that was ALL YOU!!) I think so many of us are offended because he has murdered her physically and now psychologically and it is shocking that anyone can believe his lies after his public demeanor displaying ZERO GRIEF ("I like those shirts" or whatever nonsense, disgusting). But then I just read that Neil Entwistle's parents still believe his similar disgusting accusation that his wife killed her beloved child then committed suicide! The power of denial is really something. He is so clearly guilty and thankfully, convicted. I feel confident CW will be convicted on all counts, and also pretty sure he will STILL have his believers, sadly.

Good Morning everyone. Only one thing I wanted to reply to from yesterday:

@MollyDDD
"He looks like a Poindexter to me.:p"

Yes, that is it exactly! I think that is what was bothering me about the Metallica video. I grew up straddling two worlds between the nerdy crowd and metal band death crowd (Only in my day there was KISS, Black Sabbath, Led Zepplin, and many more, but I digress). If I didn't know that he is a dangerous murderer I would think CW was a normal guy who was just a little socially awkward. He looks like he is a slightly nerdy guy trying to fit in with the heavy metal crowd. He tries too hard. That's what happened with his tv interviews after the murders too IMHO. He tried too hard to paint a picture of himself as he wanted everyone else to see him and it didn't work. Unlike socially awkward people, however, he is missing something else, something in his brain didn't alert him when his tv performance was going poorly. Most of my slightly nerdy friends will realize when they say or do something not quite right and stop talking. They get embarrassed. They get upset at themselves for saying the wrong thing. CW does not get embarrassed and does not realize when he should stop talking to the press. He even asked the Thayers later how he sounded. He had no clue. If the reporters wanted to keep interviewing him I think he would have stood there for an hour talking to them. His police interviews should be very revealing and very interesting. MOO.

I agree. Just watching his interview again made his guilt so evident, imo. If you didn’t know that he was the suspect, you’d think he was one of the neighbors just chiming in on the details. Showered, shaved, proud of his new T-shirt, anxiously awaiting the next question with almost a “go ahead, ask me anything” kind of attitude, appearing so relaxed except for his defensive crossed arms. For any human being to have gone through what he claims he went through just two days ago, there is no way an innocent person could act the way he did, IMO.

There is so much contradictory evidence when you try to make sense CW’s words, actions, and deeds. The latest is him having a picture of SW and his daughters in his jail cell, rather than a picture of just his 2 daughters. If SW really did everything CW said she did, he would hate her so much, he wouldn’t be able stand the sight of her. She was domineering, she suffocated him, nothing satisfied her, she spent all his money, and she killed Bella and CeCe, and he’s getting blamed for it, and he may have to pay for it. Why would he want to look at her picture?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member