GUILTY - Tammy Moorer trial for Kidnapping Heather Elvis, 8 Oct 2018 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh Kevin... I'm not sure he realizes what a crazy bullet he dodged.

Webp.net-gifmaker-6.gif

Source of images: www.youtube.com/watch?v=8z95XjTS_LE

As far as the very last location data from her phone I do recall search divers were in the water near Peach Tree Landing. I think they were trying to find her phone or herself in the water there. And now it kind of makes sense because of the last location data from the witness.

He said GPS Google location data last located her phone at 3:37 a.m at Peach Tree Landing. But the interesting thing is 15 minutes later there was a last Tower signal that tied to her phone and the tower was somewhere in Waccamaw Wildlife Refuge which is fairly close to there anyway. I wish we knew exactly where that tower is located.

What could have happened is her phone was tossed in the water close to there and it may have died 15 minutes later as water finally seeped into the electronics. The phone dying may have caused the phone to last ping off the closest tower. Or it was turned off 15 minutes later and pinged the tower as it was shutting down.

Would like to find out exact location of that tower. To see how close the tower was to Peach Tree Landing.

The below info and link talks about the very last times and locations and explains why the last one was just a tower ping rather than a GPS location. But it doesnt show us a map which would have been helpful with marks on a map. I think the jury did see a map.

"At 3:37 a.m. the phone was tracked in the Peachtree Landing area.

There was an additional tracking point of the cellphone about 15 minutes later, at the Waccamaw Wildlife Refuge. But, Edens said he believes that was a mistaken location taken by tower data and not by GPS like the other readings."

Here is where Heather Elvis’ cell phone was tracked the morning she went missing

<snipped for brevity>

IIRC, her travel business was only for Disney things and through Disney. She wouldn't have been able to book, for example, a wedding at an exclusive resort in Cabo.

Edit: I feel a bit conspicuous (that's not quite the right word, but I'm having trouble grabbing the right one) for posting so much on this trial the past few days. I busted my knee a few weeks ago and the small fracture is in a place that can't have a cast, so I'm to be off of it for several more weeks. I have too much time on my hands! :oops:

So sorry to hear about your knee, brandalous.
I guess you now can spend many hours here.:):)

Thank you all for ALL the info!!

Friday, October 12th:
*Trial Continues (Day 5) (@ 9:30am ET) - SC - Heather Rachel Elvis (20) (Dec. 19, 2013; never found) - Tammy Caison Moorer (41/now 45) charged & indicted (2/27/17) with kidnapping & indicted (April 27, 2018) with conspiracy to commit kidnapping. Plead not guilty.
9/17/18 Update: South Carolina’s Supreme Court rejected an effort by Horry County prosecutors to move the cases of Sidney and Tammy Moorer under one judge. The decision seemingly paves the way for Tammy Moorer’s trial related to the kidnapping of Heather Elvis to move forward next week on 10/8. Defense filed motion for change of venue, but were denied.
10/8/18 Update Day 1: Pretrial motions started about noon with Judge Benjamin Culbertson granting the defense’s motion to sequester witnesses. The State could call Sidney Moorer. Defense asked for a change of venue, but judge denied. After more than 6 hours a jury has been selected. 12 jurors have been seated and two alternates were named. Jury is made up of seven men and five women. Two alternates, one woman and one man. Opening statements will start tomorrow morning 10/9.
10/9/18 Update Day 2: The judge denied the defense motion to all Sydney to wear non-jail clothing if he's called to the stand. Opening statements. State Witnesses: Jessica Cooke, manager at the Tilted Kilt at the time where Heather also worked. Jody Davenport, co-worker. Stephen Schiraldi, Heather & him went out on a date Dec. 17, 2013. They interacted on social media prior to the date. Casey Guskiewicz. He's a Corporal with the Horry County Police Dept. was a patrolman that night. He found Heather's car that night (Dec. 18) at Peachtree Landing. Sgt. Danny Furr, with the Horry County Police Dept. (A Corporal in 2013). He says he was overseeing five officers on the night Heather went missing. Kenneth Canterbury, who works for HCPD. Ryan (or John) Keep, a records custodian for Sprint. Ryan Whitt, an employee for T-Mobile. Court ends back at 9:30am 10/10.
10/10/18 Update Day 3: State Witnesses: Laura Garlitz, a realtor. She knows Tammy & her family. Her son went to school with Tammy's son. Amanda Nigro, works at Frontier Communications (dealt with pay phones some in Myrtle Beach). Michael Melson works for a company that analyzes cell phone software. He previously worked for NASA & as a contractor in the cell phone industry. He created a software that law enforcement agencies use across the country. Roxanne Love, a former SLED agent. Brian Wilson, a detective with HCPD. Carmen Rodriguez, formerly with the Horry County Sheriff's Office. Resuming a bit later tomorrow depending on storm damage.

10/11/18 Update Day 4: State Witnesses: Jonathan Martin, HCPD, was detective in Violent Crimes Unit. Aaron Edens an intelligence analyst from California. Jimmy Gunter, Jr., works for Beach Ford. Joyce Aland, lives in Highway 814 in the Socastee area. She has a surveillance system at her home with three surveillance cameras. Kevin Hummel. Self described musician. Met Tammy in 1988 & had a over-the-phone relationship that was sexual in nature. Judge says trial will go into next week. Court starts again 10/12 at 9:30am.

judge-smiley.gif

We've always heard that the last activity/data was at 3:42 at PTL via that last call to SM's phone. This was stated again when Edens testified about the phone locations previously and we first heard about LB's. Now we're hearing 3:37 at PTL, then a last ping 15 minutes later in the wildlife refuge? Because I've never heard anything about a 15 minute gap from 3:37.

From the 2016 testimony by Aaron Edens:
At 3:37 a.m., Elvis' phone was said to be at Peachtree Boat Landing, Edens testified. The PowerPoint presentation shown to the jury also indicated that four calls were placed from her phone to Moorer's.

The last slide shown to the jury indicated that the last location of Elvis' phone was Peachtree Boat Landing at 3:42 a.m., on Dec. 18, 2013.

Day three of Sidney Moorer trial ends with testimony about texts between defendant’s, Elvis' phones

Interesting about the last ping in Waccamaw Wildlife Refuge. I wonder exactly where? So at 3:30 her phone was at PTL, and at 3:42 it was at the Refuge, which is 10 miles away. Could they have dumped her phone and other evidence there? In the river?

I didn't realize CUE searched an area in July this year.
CUE Center for Missing Persons leads search in connection to Heather Elvis case

“In a statement to News13, Elvis' father said the family had requested the area be searched "just for peace of mind." He did not elaborate on the location.

"I am thankful to CUE and those who continue to search relentlessly and like our family never give up," Terry Elvis added in his statement to News13. "We continue to hope and pray for answers to questions that remain unanswered and for a resolution to the lengthy legal proceedings that have yet to provide a small amount of justice."“

@Foxfire / CUE Volunteer & Conference member

Donations to CUE can be made in Foxfire’s name, see his thread for information.

As far as the very last location data from her phone I do recall search divers were in the water near Peach Tree Landing. I think they were trying to find her phone or herself in the water there. And now it kind of makes sense because of the last location data from the witness.

He said GPS Google location data last located her phone at 3:37 a.m at Peach Tree Landing. But the interesting thing is 15 minutes later there was a last Tower signal that tied to her phone and the tower was somewhere in Waccamaw Wildlife Refuge which is fairly close to there anyway. I wish we knew exactly where that tower is located.

What could have happened is her phone was tossed in the water close to there and it may have died 15 minutes later as water finally seeped into the electronics. The phone dying may have caused the phone to last ping off the closest tower. Or it was turned off 15 minutes later and pinged the tower as it was shutting down.

Would like to find out exact location of that tower. To see how close the tower was to Peach Tree Landing.

The below info and link talks about the very last times and locations and explains why the last one was just a tower ping rather than a GPS location. But it doesnt show us a map which would have been helpful with marks on a map. I think the jury did see a map.

"At 3:37 a.m. the phone was tracked in the Peachtree Landing area.

There was an additional tracking point of the cellphone about 15 minutes later, at the Waccamaw Wildlife Refuge. But, Edens said he believes that was a mistaken location taken by tower data and not by GPS like the other readings."

Here is where Heather Elvis’ cell phone was tracked the morning she went missing

Hi Hatfield! Good to see you following this trial. I found the following link:

http://www.city-data.com/towers/cell-Myrtle-Beach-South-Carolina.html

Good morning, trial watchers! Will we hear from Sid today? Bri? Will the State call Polly?

Are witnesses sequestered if they are only going to be witnesses for the defense, or are they sequestered regardless?

Do the poor kids have to sit at that court house all day, sequestered??

The last to take the stand was Kevin Hummel. He said him and Tammy met back in 1988 and reconnected on Facebook in the fall of 2013. He said the nature of their relationship was sexual and over the phone through calls and texts.
“I was single. She was looking for somebody to basically have sex with. I was all about that so that was pretty much basically what everything was about," said Hummel.

He said they stopped communicating in December of 2013.

The judge let the jurors know this trial will go into next week and to plan accordingly. Testimony will continue Friday.
Tammy Moorer’s cyber lover testified on day 4 of Heather Elvis kidnapping trial

The cyber lover of a South Carolina woman on trial for allegedly kidnapping her husband’s mistressclaimed she started sexting him around the time she learned about her husband’s extramarital affair.
Moorer’s lawyers have argued this week that she had an open relationship with her husband and was unfazed by his affair. Prosecutors, however, claimed that she erupted into a “fire of jealousy” when she uncovered her husband’s cheating and was livid over the possibility that Elvis was pregnant.
https://nypost.com/2018/10/11/wife-...-interest-after-spouses-mistress-disappeared/

The cyber lover of a South Carolina woman on trial for allegedly kidnapping her husband’s mistressclaimed she started sexting him around the time she learned about her husband’s extramarital affair.
Moorer’s lawyers have argued this week that she had an open relationship with her husband and was unfazed by his affair. Prosecutors, however, claimed that she erupted into a “fire of jealousy” when she uncovered her husband’s cheating and was livid over the possibility that Elvis was pregnant.
https://nypost.com/2018/10/11/wife-...-interest-after-spouses-mistress-disappeared/
Hell hath no fury! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members