young.png
Sherry Lynn Young

Missing since June 1, 1984 from Orlando, Orange County, Florida
Classification: Endangered Missing
FL - Sherry Lynn Young (13) - Orlando FL, 1984
Vital Statistics

• Date Of Birth: August 26, 1970
    • Age at Time of Disappearance: 13 years old
    • Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'5"; 105 lbs.
    • Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown hair; brown eyes.
    • DNA: Available
Circumstances of Disappearance
Sherry was last seen on June 1, 1984 in the areas of the White Horse Bar on East Colonial Drive in Orlando, Florida. She was reported as missing on July 27, 1993.
The Doe Network: Case File 2959DFFL

*Might be a long shot however it reminded me of how my daughters face maintained the bridge of nose but slimmed down as she got older. It states she went missing a the age of 13, which the photo is clearly a younger pic. Odd she was reported a decade later..

That child seems to have bags under her eyes the size of steamer trunks...I wonder what would cause that.

I was going to mention that, but I know bags and things like that can be genetic... but they are rather dark and noticeable. Don't think I've ever seen a kid with bags THAT bad

I was going to mention that, but I know bags and things like that can be genetic... but they are rather dark and noticeable. Don't think I've ever seen a kid with bags THAT bad

BBM

I was going to ask, ya'll beat me to it.

Kidney problem, maybe? Some kidney problems, or the drugs used to treat, cause a puffy face?

First shot in the dark,,
View attachment 150820
Sherry Lynn Young

Missing since June 1, 1984 from Orlando, Orange County, Florida
Classification: Endangered Missing
FL - Sherry Lynn Young (13) - Orlando FL, 1984
Vital Statistics

• Date Of Birth: August 26, 1970
    • Age at Time of Disappearance: 13 years old
    • Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'5"; 105 lbs.
    • Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown hair; brown eyes.
    • DNA: Available
Circumstances of Disappearance
Sherry was last seen on June 1, 1984 in the areas of the White Horse Bar on East Colonial Drive in Orlando, Florida. She was reported as missing on July 27, 1993.
The Doe Network: Case File 2959DFFL

*Might be a long shot however it reminded me of how my daughters face maintained the bridge of nose but slimmed down as she got older. It states she went missing a the age of 13, which the photo is clearly a younger pic. Odd she was reported a decade later..

Wait- what - wasn't reported missing for 9 years? Why is there only a baby picture? Not her thread but SMH!

So she’s not in Colorado missing persons but Florida?
She almost looks to have black eyes, except there’s no apparent swelling. Maybe she had been very malnourished, sleep deprived, or is anemic, or been drugged. As everyone else, I really wish there was more info.

I am not really familiar with what their usual policy for adding a flyer is but maybe Florida is trying to add cold cases. Both these cases fall in the decade from '79 to '89 & website url sequence is similar (ID=3538 & ID=3606).
If that is the case it might be simply because a piece of evidence at one time led to Florida. Colorado may be the more important location to research in my opinion.
I agree, it might be Florida has hired someone to upload all their old missing persons cases.

What confuses me is, these cases originated in other states, and asked for people with info to contact those non-Florida LE. Very likely, Florida just received a bulletin that was sent out across the country. So how does Florida know whether or not the cases were ever resolved?

I have terrible eye bags that are genetic, however mine started becoming very noticeable during puberty. It is caused by a tear trough deformity, in other words when skin around the lower eye is sunken, or when the eye is deep set.

Sherry Lynn Young has very similar deep set eyes.

That child seems to have bags under her eyes the size of steamer trunks...I wonder what would cause that.

I had a friend who had bags like these under her eyes as a kid. There wasn't anything medically wrong with her and she had a loving happy family by all accounts. I think at least some of the dark areas around her eyes might be sunburn? Like, the area across her nose is quite dark. I looked fairly similar around the eyes and nose when I got sunburnt on the face as a kid. Some of it might also be to do with the quality of the photo, and genetics. Or she might have had a lot of trouble sleeping. There are a lot of potential reasons...

Has anyone contacted authorities about this? To see what else they know? If anything. I will look into it if not, I am just on my way out, so leaving this thought here.

Also, every time I looked at the picture, I couldn't see past the bright light, so I edited it a bit. Made it a bit clearer for me.
View attachment 150900

It does look like a bit of sunburn across her nose and her cheeks. If she was wearing a bathing suit could she have been wearing goggles? (Long shot...)

It looked to me like she had been crying. I really hope this is just a mistake and she's not missing and is healthy and happy somewhere.

Florida Missing Person Flyer

Wasn't sure where to put this... I found this while browsing the Florida missing/unidentified persons website and I thought it was very strange. Not much info other than apparently she'd be 39 years old now. Been trying to find other info on the photo but can't find anything.

So this picture is from the late 1980's - early 1990's. Did I do that math right?

I don't see anything across her nose, but could it be she wears classes?
I like your suggestion. There do seem to be reflections at the spot glasses frame would sit & the "bags" are in the right spot to be the shadow of the bottom lens. It is such a scratched up photo that the nose bridge could just be too hard to see.

Hi Motorunner, thanks for bringing this up. Sadly I can't get access to the link. Is it possible to post the text in the link also?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back