WA - John, 43, & Christale Careaga, 37, & two 16yo sons slain, Bremerton, 28 Jan 2017

As clearcut as this case seemed to be initially, I guess it is so much more complicated and multi-leveled than I could imagine. There are crimes that I have followed here that have such winding paths of involvement they leave me confused and make my brain collapse. Kyron’s disappearance, and the Billings murders in FL have been so hard for me to follow, with so many suspicious and sketchy people in the narrative. That’s when I realize I am not intelligent enough to be in LE. A wannabe armchair detective is the best I could hope for. This case has me frustrated and stymied. I pray the authorities who are investigating this case can keep their focus on bringing justice to this family no matter what it takes.

I'd bet money on some kind of turf/business dispute since it's been established that John Careaga was involved in the drug trade. Biker gangs control the drug trade in rural areas of Western WA. That's who I would start questioning, especially if the POI is associated with them. Their president Jeff Pike was just sentenced to life in prison last year for multiple murder conspiracies and racketeering among other charges. The Bandidos are not Microsoft weekend Harley enthusiasts, they can be every bit as organized brutal as any Mexican cartels, urban gangs etc.

Washington's Most Wanted
January 27th will mark 3 years since the Careaga family was murdered in Kitsap County. There is a $20,000 reward being offered for tips to solve this case. If you have any information, you can remain anonymous. Send a tip to Crime Stoppers of Puget Sound via the P3 Tips App on your smartphone or by calling 1-800-222-TIPS (8477). You can also submit it at www.P3Tips.com.
26952054_10212752245093272_5363504851881891670_o.jpg

Washington's Most Wanted
January 27th will mark 3 years since the Careaga family was murdered in Kitsap County. There is a $20,000 reward being offered for tips to solve this case. If you have any information, you can remain anonymous. Send a tip to Crime Stoppers of Puget Sound via the P3 Tips App on your smartphone or by calling 1-800-222-TIPS (8477). You can also submit it at www.P3Tips.com.
View attachment 222704
I can't believe that it was 3 years ago. I was in the area a month after it happened and after attending a meeting some locals were talking about it. That was when I first heard about it. It shocked a lot of folks in that area.

This murder is so frightening. This is from your link jaejae...quote feature won’t work for me.

“The sheriff's office said on Jan. 23, 2020, that investigators believe another location was used to hide Johnny Careaga during his kidnapping and murder before his body was discovered the following day.”

So John was kept alive for a while after the other murders. I don’t want to think about that and what he went thru. And my heart breaks whenever I think about the 911 call.....

View Milo Wright's Obituary on kitsapsun.com and share memories
Long time Bandito member in the area just passed, they had the funeral Saturday, January 25th and the original plan was to gather at "the Garage" for drinks afterward. The Garage is located across the street from Juanitos, the taco shop that Careaga owned and his family still operates. That was ultimately moved after The Garage decided not to host, but Banditos were out and about within the area. The Kitsap Sun is posting new articles everyday, they seem to be targeting people that may be in the area for the funeral or ones that may be more likely to speak now that Milo is gone. Today's article
The community is on edge, hoping for a resolution soon.
I would also like to make a quick note that John Careaga's body was found is an area between Tahuya, where Milo lived, and Lake Tahuyeh, where the Careaga's lived. This area straddles the Kitsap/Mason County lines and is very rural, mostly DNR land and scattered homes.

View Milo Wright's Obituary on kitsapsun.com and share memories
Long time Bandito member in the area just passed, they had the funeral Saturday, January 25th and the original plan was to gather at "the Garage" for drinks afterward. The Garage is located across the street from Juanitos, the taco shop that Careaga owned and his family still operates. That was ultimately moved after The Garage decided not to host, but Banditos were out and about within the area. The Kitsap Sun is posting new articles everyday, they seem to be targeting people that may be in the area for the funeral or ones that may be more likely to speak now that Milo is gone. Today's article
The community is on edge, hoping for a resolution soon.
I would also like to make a quick note that John Careaga's body was found is an area between Tahuya, where Milo lived, and Lake Tahuyeh, where the Careaga's lived. This area straddles the Kitsap/Mason County lines and is very rural, mostly DNR land and scattered homes.
Some really interesting comments on The Kitsap Sun's FB page article: Kitsap Sun

I was in the area about 2 weeks after it happened and learned of the murders from locals in the area. I'm surprised LE is no farther along with this after almost 4 years.
Sadly I do believe $20 grand is not enough to get anyone to come forward not sure any amount would suffice. The code of silence is the rule, the fear is real. What good will $20 grand do anyone to just wind up like the Careaga family did. They won't take out just one grown adult,(which is bad enough itself) but their children too. MOO

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VT_Squire
Back