AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crap on things. I went to get my hair done and now I got to mad catch up. Did I miss anything? Did they find her? (I realize I can just find this out by catching up, but I am sure impatient)

Still missing.
Her parents were the ones dead in the house.
Neighbors heard gun shots last night.
911 call came from the house but we don't know who made it-- Operator only the heard sounds of someone who needed help in the background.
No previous police visits to the house.
I think that's about it.

I have no other info to share and I sleuth the info that can possibly be found..... I have found out the Father is now listed as a "craftsman."... Whatever that means ? and the Mom was a housewife........ We are cool....Good luck with your sleuthing and I hope they find Jayme safely and justice for her parents.

RBBM

Carpenter??

Still missing.
Her parents were the ones dead in the house.
Neighbors heard gun shots last night.
911 call came from the house but we don't know who made it-- Operator only the heard sounds of someone who needed help in the background.
No previous police visits to the house.
I think that's about it.

Thank you both, so much. I appreciate this.

I can’t help but think, this seems like a planned situation. For some reason I don’t feel like this was a “heat of the moment” crime. I do hope they find this young girl alive and ok, and that she is able to let the police know exactly what transpired. I feel like perhaps this situation is going to be someone who preyed on her, and when the parents found out the plan was put into action to get rid of them and take her. I sincerely hope it’s just a case of her hiding out somewhere, but since we are 12+ hours out it would seem like she would at least try to find help. If she’s hiding she’s no doubt scared, and as a teenager I’m sure she would be wanting to get to some type of help. Wether it’s a neighbor, police or simply a passerby. The fear would keep her away from the home, but I can’t imagine it would keep her in seclusion willingly. MOO

Crap on things. I went to get my hair done and now I got to mad catch up. Did I miss anything? Did they find her? (I realize I can just find this out by catching up, but I am sure impatient)
The sheriff said they've used drones, infrared, they've searched the area around the home, they've searched the school, they've met with Jayme's friends, are working closely with the middle school she attended, they've reached out to the community to share her picture and report any sightings of Jayme.

I have no other info to share and I sleuth the info that can possibly be found..... I have found out the Father is now listed as a "craftsman."... Whatever that means ? and the Mom was a housewife........ We are cool....Good luck with your sleuthing and I hope they find Jayme safely and justice for her parents.

Ok, so it was a random theory, not based on any inside info? Thanks. It's all good. :cool:

I can’t help but think, this seems like a planned situation. For some reason I don’t feel like this was a “heat of the moment” crime. I do hope they find this young girl alive and ok, and that she is able to let the police know exactly what transpired. I feel like perhaps this situation is going to be someone who preyed on her, and when the parents found out the plan was put into action to get rid of them and take her. I sincerely hope it’s just a case of her hiding out somewhere, but since we are 12+ hours out it would seem like she would at least try to find help. If she’s hiding she’s no doubt scared, and as a teenager I’m sure she would be wanting to get to some type of help. Wether it’s a neighbor, police or simply a passerby. The fear would keep her away from the home, but I can’t imagine it would keep her in seclusion willingly. MOO
Welcome to Websleuths, tiffay001. Thank you for joining us.

The sheriff said they've used drones, infrared, they've searched the area around the home, they've searched the school, they've met with Jayme's friends, are working closely with the middle school she attended, they've reached out to the community to share her picture and report any sightings of Jayme.

Thank you Pommy! I missed the part about infrared. I wonder what her teachers and friends are saying? What kind of student is Jayme? Was anyone bullying her or bothering her at school recently?

Emph. mine

Agreed.
And, I'm leaning more towards an online stalker, a predator.
Someone who thought she might have been older ? ( although many sick monsters target young teens.)

Btw, welcome to the forum, tiffay ! :) :D

Just a suggestion: Maybe Barron County is covered by Ashland, Wisconsin, Broadcastify. Ashland is one of the bigger towns in that area.

I'd check it out myself, but I'm off to do other things for a few hours.

Will check back soon.

I scrubbed the Ashland scanner feed on 10/15 from 12:40 am - 1:40 am on and didn’t hear anything.

How secluded is their home ?
I'm wondering as the abduction of Shasta Groene and her brother by J. Duncan happened b/c he observed them at an outdoor bbq... if I have my facts straight.
could someone have been watching the family from a road ?
It looks like a fairly isolated area, but with lots of shrubs and trees to serve as hiding spots, I suppose:
Google Maps

Thank you PommyMommy <3

Thank you Pommy! I missed the part about infrared. I wonder what her teachers and friends are saying? What kind of student is Jayme? Was anyone bullying her or bothering her at school recently?
I haven't seen any reports about what her teachers and friends are saying. I did notice that she participates in many extra-curricular activities such as track, cross-country, dance...
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100008476363462

I would think a landline if the police had an address to go to immediately? Although I noticed when I turned on WiFi calling on my iPhone recently I had to provide an address I wanted to send to 911 if I ever called 911 from my phone. The pop-up advises you to change that address whenever you are using WiFi calling from another address as well.
911 technology varies greatly between agencies. The majority at least have the ability to triangulate the cellular signal to at least get a fairly specific location. Many now have technology that will provide addresses associated with cellular numbers including residence, place of work, even medical issues including medications, etc. (i.e. SMART911)

Sheriff: Missing 13-year-old daughter's life in danger after parents found slain in NW. Wis. home
Fitzgerald said the case is “taking a toll” on the men and women in his office under such urgent circumstances.

“We’re tired, we have families, but we are pushing through that,” he said. “It’s frustrating when we don’t have a lead. That’s why I’m begging and pleading with the public to help us share this [information].”

Fitzgerald said “we have a lot of unknowns in this case,” including who made the call to 911.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998