Shelly Miscavige - Wife of David Miscavige

I know Leah got into trouble for mentioning Shelly's absence at the wedding but I was surprised a bigger deal was not made about her and why she is no longer visible. It doesn't seem like there are facts about her being here or not. I am impressed that Leah is speaking out about this at the expense of her career. And the important word of that is expense - it seems Scientology is based upon how important/successful their members are.
Even though Leah seems too much at times I do believe the basic facts she is revealing about the structure of the organization.... I haven't been a member of such an organization so I don't know how I would feel. It does support her when members will not speak or shield/cover up/ignore/deny any time cameras and reporters want to speak with them. A healthy organization would be transparent. Secret societies have been known to be corrupt throughout history.

The death of Shelley's mother is already a red flag I do remember reading somewhere, that her mother was banding together with other members against David. Next thing you know she has shot herself three times, maybe Shelley has been playing the part, so she doesn't end up the same fate if she hasn't already.

I wish someone would ask Leah if she ever found out where Shelley has "disappeared" to? Is she really even alive? Her cray cray abusive husband sounds capable of anything.

She is more than likely at their Arrowhead compound (where they create titanium inscribed records of LRH's words to store in nuclear-proof bunkers). It's very secluded, highly secure, and locals have sighted her at nearby stores with guards. I would surmise that David is her ex-husband now, since ardent Scientologists don't have qualms with divorce and since he's now schtooping his secretary.
Shelly is 2nd Gen, she believes in the tech, and even if she wanted to leave (which I'm not sure she does), her life would be destroyed by David.

I know Leah got into trouble for mentioning Shelly's absence at the wedding but I was surprised a bigger deal was not made about her and why she is no longer visible. It doesn't seem like there are facts about her being here or not. I am impressed that Leah is speaking out about this at the expense of her career. And the important word of that is expense - it seems Scientology is based upon how important/successful their members are.
Even though Leah seems too much at times I do believe the basic facts she is revealing about the structure of the organization.... I haven't been a member of such an organization so I don't know how I would feel. It does support her when members will not speak or shield/cover up/ignore/deny any time cameras and reporters want to speak with them. A healthy organization would be transparent. Secret societies have been known to be corrupt throughout history.

Shelly is no longer visible because she defied David. David=Evil Pope, and you NEVER defy him above all others.
Since Scn belief is that we are all thetans just occupying a temporary body, it's just fine for David to sever their marriage. He's been married 1,000 times in the past and will be married 1,000 more times in a future body. It would be difficult to explain within the confines of the show both why Shelly got relocated, why David is so callous about romance, where she is relocated (the Arrowhead compound could have its own episode) and why she would readily accept such punishment.

I wish someone would ask Leah if she ever found out where Shelley has "disappeared" to? Is she really even alive? Her cray cray abusive husband sounds capable of anything.
From what I've read, Shelly is being held at their "Gold Base" in Hemet. The Gold Base is usually used for people who need to be "rehabilitated" and are placed on a prison like work schedule/housing. People have been trying to expose the Gold Base for years, but no one has ever penetrated their inner workings so far. There are numerous videos on YT about the Gold Base and it's perimeter fencing does appear to be "prison like." Also, some people are reportedly held there for many years, according to some who have escaped the base.

I can totally see Shelly feeling she deserves to be held somewhere as well as be "rehabilitated". If people who are abused by their spouse or 'loved one' feel that way, why on earth would anyone think she would feel any differently. It's extremely sad. (I knew nothing about her mother!)
Any law enforcement people who have followed up on her being missing could easily be part of Scientology as well, as has been stated before.
This "religion" is so completely insidious that once you are brainwashed, it is extremely hard to get beyond that, or many others would certainly have left by now as well. I think Leah and Mike (AND all their guests) are so very very brave to have gotten together to show all the rest of us what they know. It is horrifying.

I think that David had her either murdered -- she could ruin Scientology's image especially David's -- or that she had been sent to 'The Hole' which is Scientology's version of a prison. Ex-members have stated that problematic members can be sent to 'The Hole' for years upon years.
I don't believe a single word that the police said ( they had spoken to her ), because the police are never allowed to enter any house or building that's in Scientology members names, or has Scientology attached to it. Scientologists dislike the police with a purple passion; they ONLY allow those who are in authority positions, and are Scientologists to enter a Scientologist's home.
Heck, these wacky Scientologists only see Scientology doctors, hire only Scientology body guards, hire only Scientology attorneys, and marry in front of a Scientologist "priest".
Back in the early 80s, my mom was going to her car in Downtown Chicago after appearing in divorce court, and she was approached by 2 members of this cult ( let's call it for what it actually is and not sugarcoat it), and they had attempted to get her to sign up for "classes" and "audit" sessions, but she declined. She, unwittingly, gave them her contact info, and they had given her "Dianetics", and she walked away. As soon as she got home, she walked into my bedroom, and asked me to read the book then let her know what it was all about. I read the first chapter, and that's all I read to know that it was a horrible cult. I informed my mom of it, and I gave the book back to her. She put it where we kept our Christmas things, under the stairs, and it remained there for years until I had to clean under the stairs, and I found it, and I threw it away. They, the 2 members, would call her relentlessly; every single day, sometimes up to 4xs. It had gotten so bad with them calling, she told me to answer the phone, and I'd talk with a British accent, telling them that I had just received the number, and I'd appreciate it if they'd stop calling, because there wasn't any Kathy living with me. They continued to call and attempted to convince me to come in for a free audit, which I declined. We finally got our number changed soon after.

I have had a fantasy, for quite a while now, that some person or organization would hack them and publish a list of all the names, so everyone would know who's in government etc. Anonymous, are you listening?

I'm honestly surprised this hasn't happened already. Can you imagine the backlash and outcome of this?

I enjoyed Leah Remini's recent episode on Shelly Miscavige, hearing from people who personally knew Shelly and their speculations as to her whereabouts and what could've happened to her.

But I was also expecting to hear more about Leah's missing persons report itself and its aftermath. They mentioned and even briefly showed it on screen, but I feel like there was more they could've touched upon.

For starters, according to the Wikipedia article about Shelly, the official police response from 2013 is that law enforcement "made contact with" her, but they "would not confirm whether they met with her in person." I've read the same elsewhere online (or in Leah's book? I'd have to look for it), with others speculating that police "made contact", not with Shelly, but with a legal team representing her. That's a big difference, in my opinion, and I wish they had discussed that.

Further, I remember reading (in this thread?) the claim that one of the police officers who said he saw and spoke with Shelly was later seen speaking at a Scientology conference. If this is true, then there's clearly a conflict of interest, and I wish the show had addressed, even if only to disclaim it.

I realize that maybe Leah's show isn't allowed to comment on these things. And I realize that, as an adult, Shelly has the right to go missing and not talk to anyone she doesn't want to. But I feel like they could've still shown a disclaimer or something to the effect of: "Unfounded reports have claimed XYZ, and as of the airing of this episode, this show is unable to comment on said reports."

Welp.

Tom Cruise and Will Smith and John Travolta has mega dollars.

So if they were ever concerned about the first lady of the church; Then hopefully they made sure to talk to her personally at some point.

But imo. I hope their own wives are smart enough to see through this. Jmo

I believe it’s all about tax exemptions.

The death of Shelley's mother is already a red flag I do remember reading somewhere, that her mother was banding together with other members against David. Next thing you know she has shot herself three times, maybe Shelley has been playing the part, so she doesn't end up the same fate if she hasn't already.

Shot herself 3 times!
What? Do you somehow get these superpowers from Hubbard himself?

I’m so glad to have found this thread on WS as I stumbled upon this tax exempt money laundering business calling themselves a church And getting away with it!

Shot herself 3 times!
What? Do you somehow get these superpowers from Hubbard himself?

I’m so glad to have found this thread on WS as I stumbled upon this tax exempt money laundering business calling themselves a church And getting away with it!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back