AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I missed the front doorway in this article...

Deputies arrived at that address a short time after the call ended to find no one around on the outside,” Sheriff Fitzgerald says as deputies approached the house, they saw the front door was open and there was a deceased male in that front door way. Officers later found a deceased female while searching the rest of the home.
UPDATE: Autopsies scheduled for Barron Co. couple; Amber Alert issued for missing daughter
This tells us a lot. It’s likely that the killer knocked on the door, and shot the father when he opened it. He entered, shooting the mother. Perhaps she was the one who called 911, and not Jayme.

No one knocks on your door at that time of night, so she may have had her phone in her hand as her husband went to answer it.

He killed her before she had the chance to provide information.

Or Jayme could have called. Either way, they weren’t killed in their beds (atleast both of them) as I otherwise thought.

I know this is awful, but I've always told my kids that if someone tries to take them by pointing a gun at them, just run. That they have a better chance of surviving a gunshot than whatever would happen to them by going along.

I tell the same to granddaughter. I also told her if someone with bad intent approaches us and we’re alone hiking, her job is to run and get help. Grammy will give them what for. She didn’t like the idea of leaving her grandma so she asked, “what if I have a stick?” I told her to run anyways but of course my mind wander off to pointy sticks and Monty Python. We don’t hike alone anymore but if we did, Grammy might be packin’

I’m so worried about Jayme. I was hoping she had escaped and hiding but as time passes, my hope fades. Praying for her, her family and friends.

I feel like it’s a worst case scenario for LE once they leave the property. If this guy has a non compliant 13 year old, he’s not heading for MSP or even Eau Claire. He’s going where there are no surveillance cameras. Other than the occasional home security or game camera, there’s a lot of ground he can cover undetected in that part of the state. Jmo.

I’m less than an hour south of Barron. The area is cabin country. There are many hunting cabins as well as lake cabins. Not necessary to drive to a bigger city to hide. Very scary thought but she could be somewhere not that easy to be found.

I’m only on pg 20, but if there was a light snow even melted, there should be mud/wet dirt for footprints and tracks? If she was unwillingly abducted and struggled they’d be scuffed or no struggle and clear prints of at least two people leaving. I’m just trying to figure out what info LE may have.
It snowed a few days ago but none of it stuck around. The ground is essentially dry again. I don’t think there’s much chance of prints unless the driveway is dirt or something. I was out in the grass with my dog (early) last night in moccasins and they didn’t get wet.

[thanks for the welcome, I’ve been here a long time I just didn’t post! :)]

This tells us a lot. It’s likely that the killer knocked on the door, and shot the father when he opened it. He entered, shooting the mother. Perhaps she was the one who called 911, and not Jayme.

No one knocks on your door at that time of night, so she may have had her phone in her hand as her husband went to answer it.

Or Jayme could have called. Either way, they weren’t killed in their beds (atleast both of them) as I otherwise thought.
You got it, I betcha....... Someone wanted to possess that girl real bad.

I hadn't seen this quote yet, bbm:

Neighbors Joan and Tom Smrekar said they heard something strange overnight.

"I hear one shot and the second shot was even louder yet," said Joan.

"It actually sounded like a car backfiring or something quite large," said Tom.

Police confirmed there had been gunshots, but stopped short of saying that's how the couple died.
Amber Alert: Teen missing, parents found dead in Wisconsin home
BBM
Perhaps this is when the door was open as the dad was found in the doorway.

What about little HC (I think those are the initials), the little girl taken after a man got into the home and attacked her mother and left the mother for dead? The little girl wasn't the target but she got taken.

And I don't see how the number of bullets correlates to anything but the number needed to do the job? If you've got a gun and the two victims are in bed or corralled together then you might only need two bullets.
Yes, just like Shasta Groene- none of the family had ever heard of the man that murdered their family and kidnapped her and her brother Dylan.

For all of you who have been around awhile, if this guy took Jayme with the idea of having her/wanting her...is he more likely to keep her alive, or use her and get rid of her? I know that's a callous way of saying it, but what is the more typical scenario?

It could also explain why one shot (outside) was louder than the other (inside).

I tell the same to granddaughter. I also told her if someone with bad intent approaches us and we’re alone hiking, her job is to run and get help. Grammy will give them what for. She didn’t like the idea of leaving her grandma so she asked, “what if I have a stick?” I told her to run anyways but of course my mind wander off to pointy sticks and Monty Python. We don’t hike alone anymore but if we did, Grammy might be packin’

I’m so worried about Jayme. I was hoping she had escaped and hiding but as time passes, my hope fades. Praying for her, her family and friends.
Also great advice. It perhaps goes against natural instincts to stay close to your loved ones, but running away and summoning help is far more likely to save a life than the alternative.

The same goes for a situation where your family is being held captive. If one person escapes, the odds are in favor of everyone surviving.

Another tidbit:

Sheriff Fitzgerald says a 911 call came in around 1A.M. The call came from a cell phone inside the residence but it’s not known who made the call. “We could hear yelling in the background on this 911 call, not much information," said Fitzgerald.
Good catch. Definitely going back to re-read these articles again.
MOO

I’m less than an hour south of Barron. The area is cabin country. There are many hunting cabins as well as lake cabins. Not necessary to drive to a bigger city to hide. Very scary thought but she could be somewhere not that easy to be found.

Exactly. And if it’s too hot to stay in Wisconsin, there are innumerable places to drive to in either Minnesota or the UP where it’s very easy to disappear.

This is such a small town it seems to me whoever killed the parents and took Jayme had to have seen her prior to this fatal night. I mean what are the odds someone would just happen across a home in the boonies and murder 2 parents and take their teen daughter on a whim?

For all of you who have been around awhile, if this guy took Jayme with the idea of having her/wanting her...is he more likely to keep her alive, or use her and get rid of her? I know that's a callous way of saying it, but what is the more typical scenario?
There’s always hope. But...This guy has killed already, and the heat is quickly rising. Right now, in his mind, no one can identify him, except for the victim of course.

He basically has no reason to release her, unless he desires spending the rest of his life in jail.

The fear is that at some point, he will find her disposable.

LE is running out of time until that happens, unless it has already happened.

I wonder if the kids are scared? They may not grumble too much about being restricted if they are freaking out about their friend's parents being murdered and their friend disappearing. I hope the school offers good counseling too (they usually do offer something in situations like this). MOO.
We had a triple homicide happen in our town on New Year's Eve, just before my 12th birthday. You can bet we were scared to death. My poor best friend was babysitting down the street from where it happened, there were cop cars all over the place, and they checked out the yard and around the house she was babysitting at for the suspects. My poor father got stuck at the Chinese restaurant that he was picking up for our annual NYE midnight dinner and had to stay there with all the other patrons, until everyone was questioned and the cops were satisfied that none of them were the suspects- poor man didn't get home until 2 AM. At that time, we didn't know what was going on and we were scared as my Dad should have been home at 11:30 PM the latest. When we called the cops to ask if there was any accidents on the road, we were told no, but that there was a situation going on in the part of town he was in and that he might be held up at the restaurant because of it. The restaurant wasn't allowed to answer their phones, and no one was allowed to make any phone calls to home. Indeed, all of us kids were scared to death, as one of the victims wasn't much older than us. Famous case, unfortunately, and to this day, I lock every door and window up, out of fear of such a thing happening again. You never forget something like this, ever.

What's even worse, years later, they determined that the suspects meant to rob a different home and went to theirs instead. If only they had left on time, they wouldn't have been victims, but they were held up for some reason and were ready to leave their home when the invasion happened. They didn't know the victims. Sad, sad story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks