AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't the GSK tie couples up and take his time sexually assaulting the women? That's what my mind went to with the possible restraints on the chair. Only difference is GSK didn't take his victims with him. I don't think a robbery occurred either. JMO.
That’s a big difference though. Right now, this is more likely (in my mind), to have been a premeditated abduction. I say this, because we have absolutely no evidence that Jayme was involved.

If that’s the case, what purpose does tying up the victims serve? Especially if you are going to kill them anyways.

He’d want to get in and out as fast as possible, and restraints wouldn’t be necessary.

I’m of course operating off of the same information that everyone else is, which is subject to change.

That dining room chair.... I see what looks like congealed blood but, those ties on the back, look like they could be chair seat cushion ties, where they cut a bloody pillow off the seat of the chair ?

There is rope or something wrapped around the front chair legs under the seat too. Not chair cushion ties IMO.

Thanks. But the neighbors seemed startled to hear the 2 loud bangs.
Oh it can be startling, trust me! We had our bedroom window open the other night because it was hot, and some fool decided to go hunting at 3 AM and fired several shots in a row, close by our house. I didn't mean to say it isn't frightening or startling, but you know right after that it is either a hunter or someone target practicing.

Didn't the GSK tie couples up and take his time sexually assaulting the women? That's what my mind went to with the possible restraints on the chair. Only difference is GSK didn't take his victims with him. I don't think a robbery occurred either. JMO.

I remember Richard Ramirez/NightStalker did this in Cali.

There is rope or something wrapped around the front chair legs under the seat too. Not chair cushion ties IMO.
There is something there.....Well, there goes the seat cushion spotting.... Why would he tie anyone up ? Just grab the girl and shoot them...That's what ended up happening anyway..... Good eyes there, folks.

Jumping off of this, and I’m not saying this is the case here at all, but fwiw I have seen in trafficking cases where a couple abducts a teen. I’ve seen this twice now.
Yes! This is my concern, especially where someone posted up thread that in the restrooms around their town, there is notices up about this very thing.

Yes! This is my concern, especially where someone posted up thread that in the restrooms around their town, there is notices up about this very thing.
Well jumping off this then truck stops and motels would be the place...likely changed appearance. Cut and dyed hair. Photos taken of her (drugged up) posed and put online.

I’m not quite feeling this angle though, moo. But who knows. Anything is possible.

This is all big, LE wise. I mean a big case for many agencies. Double homicide, Amber Alert...have we seen a case like this where it was an active manhunt for a murder suspect involving a live abducted victim with the perp unknown? Vehicle unknown? Surely we have. I just can’t think of any right now.

Last edited:
When something like this happens, especially in cases with limited information, I like to play the odds.

Do human trafficking, drug connections, and gang related murders happen? Yes.

But they are statistically less likely than other (more common) possibilities.

Unless other information comes to light, which I highly doubt, these scenarios aren’t just down my list, they are off of it entirely.

That’s a big difference though. Right now, this is more likely (in my mind), to have been a premeditated abduction. I say this, because we have absolutely no evidence that Jayme was involved.

If that’s the case, what purpose does tying up the victims serve? Especially if you are going to kill them anyways.

He’d want to get in and out as fast as possible, and restraints wouldn’t be necessary.

I’m of course operating off of the same information that everyone else is, which is subject to change.
Staged scene?
Just a thought.
MOO

Staged scene?
Just a thought.
MOO
That’s really advanced thinking for any perp. Someone generally stages the scene when they are close to the victim. It serves the purpose of redirecting authorities from where they would otherwise look.

I don’t think that happened here.

When something like this happens, especially in cases with limited information, I like to play the odds.

Do human trafficking, drug connections, and gang related murders happen? Yes.

But they are statistically less likely than other (more common) possibilities.

Unless other information comes to light, which I highly doubt, these scenarios aren’t just down my list, they are off of it entirely.

So Sexual Predation then? If so do you think he’s likely to keep her alive and for how long? If he went through thiiiiis much trouble to take her then maybe he’s super fixated on her and wants to keep her alive for as long as possible.

Last edited:
So Sexual Predator the ? If so do you think he’s likely to keep her alive and for how long? If he went through thiiiiis much trouble to take her then maybe he’s super fixated on her and wants to keep her alive as long as possible.
It does seem like an awful lot of trouble to go through all that (killing two people), just to kidnap a victim and quickly kill her.

Let’s hope he thinks the same way. If that was the motive, of course.

If you live in the country, yes, you do shrug it off and go back to sleep or whatever you are doing. I hear gun shots a lot during the fall- it is hunting season, and yes, fools are out all hours of the day and night, shooting at deer and other animals. Up here, we truly wouldn't know about a murder until the next morning because of the hunting season. Also, you hear people shooting at animals at night for various reasons during the summer months as well. Then you have people that do target practice in their back yards, though that is during daylight hours when you hear that mostly.
Yes. As long as you’re not within the city limits you can shoot firearms in your own yard. I have friends with neighbors right next to them on each side and across the street and they can still shoot in their backyard because they’re not facing any houses that way.

There’s nothing to say the perpetrator(s) had to even ring the door bell or knock. Inexplicable, to me, A LOT of people around here do not lock their doors, especially when they’re home, even at night. I have no less than 4 elderly female relatives who live alone who never lock their doors, one doesn’t even have a working lock on her door. It looks like they lived in their house for 18 years and probably felt very secure in their small town. People truly think I’m crazy to be so obsessed with locking my doors but I read places like here and I’ve lived in big cities and abroad... so many people think they’re safe around here..and usually they are.

I got another phone Amber Alert for Jayme about an hour ago. Same (lack of) info.

Control. Mind games. Torture. SA of the mother. Who knows?

The house is not very visible from the street due to trees and not very visible to neighbors.
It's quiet and very dark at night.
Family described as reclusive. Perhaps perp knew this and knew their routine.
Perhaps he planned to stay longer.
Perhaps something went wrong.
Maybe Dad got free enough to call 911?
Then maybe perp shoots mom and takes JC with him, threatening to shoot her if dad follows.
Maybe Dad follows or fights anyway but is shot in the doorway.
Perp flees with JC and gun.
All just speculation at this point based on what we know so far.
And I agree, subject to change as new info becomes available.
Only thing I am sure of is that this is a very brazen perp to kill 2 adults in their home and abduct a child. It makes my blood run cold to consider what could have happened in that home.
MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members