VA VA - Arieanna Day, 3 months, Roanoke, 12 September 2018 *Charges dropped*

'He took her'; Family of Arieanna Day still waiting for answers on her disappearance
Sophia Bryant, Arieanna's grandmother, says investigators aren't sharing much information on leads with her at this point.

"He took her," Bryant said. "He played a part of it. He didn't want her. he didn't want to pay child support. He made threats. So he had every motive to take that baby."
Bryant said LE asked Arieanna's mom to take a polygraph. No word on the results. LE says they plan to release more information later in the week.

'He took her'; Family of Arieanna Day still waiting for answers on her disappearance

Valencia E. Jones@vjreports3
Sophia Bryant, the baby's grandmother, said five children were there and Arieanna was the only one taken. "We suspect who may have took the baby, but we really don’t know," said Bryant. pic.twitter.com/dMtydJcT6l
10:54 PM - Sep 12, 2018

I'm confused; grandmother said she believes Terry took Arieanna but then she says she doesn't really know. She may be thinking that Terry's cousin may have done it but that would mean he was also at the house and that's not what has been reported.

Maybe she's just saying there's not enough conclusive evidence right now. Hopefully LE will be true to their word and release more info in the next day or so.

Bryant said LE asked Arieanna's mom to take a polygraph. No word on the results. LE says they plan to release more information later in the week.

Valencia E. Jones@vjreports3
Sophia Bryant, the baby's grandmother, said five children were there and Arieanna was the only one taken. "We suspect who may have took the baby, but we really don’t know," said Bryant. pic.twitter.com/dMtydJcT6l
10:54 PM - Sep 12, 2018

I'm confused; grandmother said she believes Terry took Arieanna but then she says she doesn't really know. She may be thinking that Terry's cousin may have done it but that would mean he was also at the house and that's not what has been reported.

Maybe she's just saying there's not enough conclusive evidence right now. Hopefully LE will be true to their word and release more info in the next day or so.

The quote of the grandmother saying BBM "We suspect who may have took the baby, but we really don't know" is what the grandmother said on Sept 12...which is the day after Arieanna was taken. Just clarifying it is not what the grandmother is currently saying. The date of that sentence is directly below the twitter statement you posted. Just clarifying.

The quote of the grandmother saying BBM "We suspect who may have took the baby, but we really don't know" is what the grandmother said on Sept 12...which is the day after Arieanna was taken. Just clarifying it is not what the grandmother is currently saying. The date of that sentence is directly below the twitter statement you posted. Just clarifying.
Thanks for clarifying Neese68! Yes, my bad I should have paid more attention to the date. Now I remember her statement and also that LE was reported to be following a lead in Blacksburg which we know led to the arrest of Terry.

We’re flooding again, not sure how this will help or hinder finding Arieanna. Still nothing more on LE searches and LE still doesn’t want public searches.

Just reiterating- Roanoke got slammed by Matthew yesterday. Horrible flooding, some places saw the worst it's been in decades. This weekend the weather will be beautiful though. Hopefully searches will take place?

So hurricane Michael hit the Florida Pan Handle and us here in Virginia really hard. We had flooding here that we haven't seen since 1985. There were five or more lives lost. I don't know if the flooding could hurt or possibly help with finding little baby Arieanna but I pray she is found and soon so her so called dad can rot in prison.

UPDATE October 11: Roanoke Police say one month after four-month-old Arieanna Day disappeared, the case remains one of their highest priorities. They promise to dedicate as many personnel as possible to the investigation until she is found. They ask anyone with any information related to the baby girl’s disappearance to come forward.

From Roanoke City Police: Today, October 11th, marks the one month anniversary of four month old Arieanna Day’s disappearance. This investigation is one of our highest priorities. The Roanoke Police Department and the Montgomery County Sheriff’s Office will continue to dedicate as many resources as possible to this investigation and we will continue to search for her until she is found. As part of these efforts, we are asking anyone who may have had recent contact with Arieanna or have any information related to her disappearance to please come forward. No piece of information is too small. Her family deserves answers. This is an incredibly difficult time for her family. As part of our commitment to this family, we continue to follow up on every lead and turn over every stone to find Arieanna.
UPDATE: One month later, search for missing baby remains high priority

Find Missing Arieanna Day!
Appeal

Arieanna Day is a missing baby. She cannot walk and so she could not get out of her bed on her own. However, police have not issued an Amber Alert. They tell us that they they did not uncover evidence of an abduction. There are no evidence of a suspect or a vehicle. However, police believe that baby Arieanna is greatly endangered. And they apparently are not believing the mother’s story. Sound familiar? Do you have any information concerning the whereabouts of Arieanna Day? Do you have any information concerning the person (s) responsible for her disappearance?

Anyone with information is asked to contact the Roanoke Police Department at 540-853-5959. All information given will remain confidential. People can also call the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children at 1-800-THE-LOST (1-800-843-5678) and reference case number 133846
Find Missing Arieanna Day!

Why???? Why would the judge initially deny bond then less than two weeks later grant $50k bond? Because no body has been found??
I think Terry's attorney probably argued a couple of points; that in other similar cases - and I mean in terms of the level of the felony, not the specific charge - people were given bond; and like you say, Arieanna's body hasn't been found, i.e. a lack of evidence that she's even deceased.

I doubt Terry's going anywhere and I bet LE will be keeping a close eye on his movements.

A little more info:
The bond stipulations are the following:
  • Turn in his passport
  • Can't leave the Commonwealth of Virginia
  • Has a curfew 10 p.m. to 7 a.m.
  • He is not to interfere with the current investigation
Missing baby's dad granted bond on illegal disposal of a body charge
As of 5 p.m. Tuesday, Terry had not bonded out of Western Virginia Regional Jail. Next hearing is October 25.

From this link:
A swift water crew, police and fire crews are working by Wiley Drive, which is close to the Green Goat Restaurant and the River House apartments. (BBM)

A quick Google Maps search shows the area of the river the body was found is about 2 miles south of Hanover Ave, where she was reported missing from... Don't know if the body is that of a baby, child, adult, male/female, etc. yet though.

From this link:
A swift water crew, police and fire crews are working by Wiley Drive, which is close to the Green Goat Restaurant and the River House apartments. (BBM)

A quick Google Maps search shows the area of the river the body was found is about 2 miles south of Hanover Ave, where she was reported missing from... Don't know if the body is that of a baby, child, adult, male/female, etc. yet though.

I would love to hope. But the reality is, if she was placed in a natural setting, the likelihood of her tiny body being found is next to nothing. Sad.

UPDATE: Authorities searching new areas for body of Aerianna Day

According to the Montgomery County Sheriff's Office, authorities are searching around North Fork Road, Lusters Gate Road, Jennelle Road and Cedar Run Road for the body of 3-month-old Arieanna Day.

The sheriff's office says Andrew Terry returned to Montgomery County around these roads on September 11, 2018.
[.....]
According to VineLink, Andrew Terry, father of the missing 3-month-old, Arieanna Day, has been bonded out of the Western Virginia Regional Jail.

Terry was granted a bond on appeal earlier this week in Montogmery County Circuit Court.
[.....]
A judge set Terry's bond at $50,000, according to the Commonwealth's Attorney. Terry has a preliminary hearing set for October 25th.

This is in the same county as I live in. So sad. I was confused as it was said that the forensic team was at the train tracks and the road was shutdown. I hope he comes forward and tells where he had dumped her.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back