IL IL - Kierra Coles, 27, pregnant, Chicago, 2 Oct 2018

Coles’ family said she has a boyfriend, who’s the father of her unborn child, but they have been unable to contact him since she went missing, WMAQ-TV reported.

Where Is Kierra Coles? Everything We Know About Missing Chicago Pregnant Postal Worker

Do we have a map? Where was she actually last seen on that CCTV? CCTV on this link is from Oct 3rd
The tribune says
last seen Oct. 2 near her home in the 8100 block of South Vernon Avenue in the South Side’s Chatham neighborhood,

other sources like in the OP say S Coles Ave & E 82nd St

That's a distance of 15 minutes by car and an hr on foot

Unfortunately, the streetview was last updated in 2015.

Also wonder whether she had a change of clothes in her backpack. I'm kind of agreeing with the mother's boyfriend that she saw someone/thing but she didn't turn around again which is strange to me.

The having work clothes on but calling sick isn't peculiar she imo wanted people to believe she was going to work. Leaving her keys and wallet is more odd to me than leaving her purse and phone.

I would like to see more of the CCTV of when she was in the car/first approached it.

This doesn't read to me as her being taken by anyone but a mental break. Back to the point of her possibly seeing someone before changing direction who did she live with?

Last edited:
USPS locations near E82 and Cole

7436 S Exchange Ave
9308 S South Chicago Ave
7715 S Cottage Grove Ave

She was also seen a short drive from the Rainbow park & beach which is almost 61 acres of land.

I'm changing my mind about the mental break if I have the location correct and she continued walking she would have ended up on S Brandon which runs North/South with fenced greenery and trees. I will say that, that block has deep driveways

Last edited:
Why would her keys and wallet be in her apartment and her purse and cell be in the car? Wouldn't she need her key to get in the car? In the video it looks like she stopped at the car for a second but did not open the door or put anything inside. It looked like she walked across the street with a purpose, she didn't seem hesitant. The mother's boyfriend said she saw something. Could someone have called her over? How did her purse and cell end up in the car if she never got in it? Could it have been placed there later? I wonder if police looked at the whole video, since they don't seem to think it is a suspicious disappearance. Jmo
I wonder if she missed too many days and will show up bewildered, but safe next week and ready to go back to work.

Coles’ family said she has a boyfriend, who’s the father of her unborn child, but they have been unable to contact him since she went missing, WMAQ-TV reported.

Where Is Kierra Coles? Everything We Know About Missing Chicago Pregnant Postal Worker

RS&BBM

That is chilling. I didn't realize Kierra's family has not been able to contact Kierra's boyfriend. They must be going insane with worry. Someone needs to track the boyfriend down now. He hasn't been reported missing.

RS&BBM

That is chilling. I didn't realize Kierra's family has not been able to contact Kierra's boyfriend. They must be going insane with worry. Someone needs to track the boyfriend down now. He hasn't been reported missing.
If he works for usps then it shouldn't be that hard. Or do we have 2 missing people?

Do we have a map? Where was she actually last seen on that CCTV? CCTV on this link is from Oct 3rd
The tribune says

other sources like in the OP say S Coles Ave & E 82nd St

That's a distance of 15 minutes by car and an hr on foot

Unfortunately, the streetview was last updated in 2015.

Also wonder whether she had a change of clothes in her backpack. I'm kind of agreeing with the mother's boyfriend that she saw someone/thing but she didn't turn around again which is strange to me.

The having work clothes on but calling sick isn't peculiar she imo wanted people to believe she was going to work. Leaving her keys and wallet is more odd to me than leaving her purse and phone.

I would like to see more of the CCTV of when she was in the car/first approached it.

This doesn't read to me as her being taken by anyone but a mental break. Back to the point of her possibly seeing someone before changing direction who did she live with?

The bf hasn’t contacted the family? Does this mean that LE haven’t spoken with him either? Not good. IMO

Chicago Police spokesman Anthony Guglielmi said detectives are aware of her personal relationships, and have spoken to people who can account for her whereabouts through Oct. 2. The department is urging anyone with information to reach out, noting they can do so anonymously at CPDtip.com. “Leads are very important to us now,” Guglielmi said.
Phillips reported her daughter missing on Oct. 4 after she hadn’t heard from her for two days and calls to her cellphone went straight to voicemail. Officers did a well-being check at her apartment and did not locate the woman, Phillips said.

“I talk to her every day,” Phillips said. “I knew something was wrong. It’s just not like her.”
Police investigating whether missing mail carrier met with foul play

Video of her last seen is her walking past her car. But why was everything in her car if she walked past it?

Plus I haven't seen the video that is being discussed by moms boyfriend. But is it possible that another girl dressed up as Kierra to throw the camera off?

Video of her last seen is her walking past her car. But why was everything in her car if she walked past it?

Plus I haven't seen the video that is being discussed by moms boyfriend. But is it possible that another girl dressed up as Kierra to throw the camera off?
The girl on the video is definitely her and she is wearing her uniform. You can watch it on FB, but it appears to be edited and is choppy. She looks like she is trying to dodge someone and crosses the street quickly. A friend of hers posted pics of a blurry black SUV from the video and a picture of the baby daddy's car. It is impossible to tell if it is the same car because you can't make out the rims in the screen grab. Black SUVs are a dime a dozen in that area. Unfortunately.

The girl on the video is definitely her and she is wearing her uniform. You can watch it on FB, but it appears to be edited and is choppy. She looks like she is trying to dodge someone and crosses the street quickly. A friend of hers posted pics of a blurry black SUV from the video and a picture of the baby daddy's car. It is impossible to tell if it is the same car because you can't make out the rims in the screen grab. Black SUVs are a dime a dozen in that area. Unfortunately.
Thanks. I found a news link that shows partial of the video but it didn't show a black suv nor Josh's suv.

So if you have a different video then please link it. If not dont worry. Thank you.

Guglielmi said investigators have no reason to believe the disappearance is linked to Coles’ work as a letter carrier.

“At this point, anything is possible,” Kenney said on the scope of the investigation. “We’re just looking for information.”

Phillips said her daughter’s car has been parked outside her apartment for the past two weeks. She was able to gain access to the car, and found Coles’ purse and cellphone inside.
Police investigating whether missing mail carrier met with foul play

Coles' mother, Karen Phillips, said it's possible she became overwhelmed by everything that was going on in her life. Phillips told Chicago ABC station WLS her daughter recently movedout of her home and into the apartment.

"Maybe something did happen where she was overcome with a lot, you know when you are pregnant you are emotional," she said. "I want to say she just went somewhere and didn't want to tell nobody and then she will just come home but I don't feel that."
The $25,000 offered by the USPS Inspection Unit is in addition to $3,500 offered by her postal union, WLS reported.
Pregnant postal worker goes missing outside home, USPS offers $25K reward

Coles' mother, Karen Phillips, said it's possible she became overwhelmed by everything that was going on in her life. Phillips told Chicago ABC station WLS her daughter recently movedout of her home and into the apartment.

"Maybe something did happen where she was overcome with a lot, you know when you are pregnant you are emotional," she said. "I want to say she just went somewhere and didn't want to tell nobody and then she will just come home but I don't feel that."
The $25,000 offered by the USPS Inspection Unit is in addition to $3,500 offered by her postal union, WLS reported.
In the video interview of her mother that I watched, she stated her daughter would never go off without telling her. She said she was her youngest daughter and they spoke every day, and there was no indication that she would have just taken off. I also just noticed the post above, about her friend posting a picture of her boyfriends SUV and a picture of an SUV in the video surveillance? I did not see that but to me it sounds like the friend has reason to believe that the father of the baby may have something to do with her disappearance. Unless I'm misinterpreting it. It seems very strange that there is no mention of police questioning him. Jmo

"Whoever it might be knows something," her father Joseph Coles told WLS. Joseph lives in Wisconsin, but has been in town for two weeks handing out flyers and said he "would not leave" before finding her.

"We're not going to sit idly by and we're not going to rest until we find our sister," Mack Julian, from the Letter Carrier's Union, said.

A U.S. Post Office spokesperson said Coles called in sick that day. Coles’ sister, Kimberly Phillips told WGN-TV it was strange to see her Snapchat untouched, because the app was used daily.

Two days earlier, a friend of Coles, called Keara Johnson, appealed for help on Facebook.

“I need everyone with a heart…any friends any family, everyone that knows me or Kierra, even if you don’t know her, pray for a safe return. Share this post let it get around. If anybody [has any] information contact police contact me family anyone just let us know she’s OK,” she wrote.

Who is Kierra Coles? Pregnant U.S. postal worker now missing for two weeks, $25,000 reward issued

Phillips said that there had been a lot of changes in her daughter's life after she moved out of the family home and into her own apartment.

'Maybe something did happen where she was overcome with a lot, you know when you are pregnant you are emotional,' she said. 'I want to say she just went somewhere and didn't want to tell nobody and then she will just come home but I don't feel that.'

The $25,000 offered by the USPS Inspection Unit is in addition to $3,500 offered by her postal union.

USPS offers a $25,000 reward for pregnant postal worker who went missing | Daily Mail Online

“I’m too scared to feel anything,” Coles’ mother, Karen Phillips, . “I don’t want to fear the worst.”

A neighbor’s surveillance camera captured Coles walking toward her vehicle on the day of her disappearance. Instead of getting inside it, police said, she turned and walked away.

Dan Perkins, who is dating Phillips, told he believes Coles saw “something that made her turn around that fast and cross the street.”

Coles, who is three months pregnant, was dressed in her U.S. Postal Service uniform at the time her disappearance. A spokesperson for the USPS told WGN-TV she called in sick to work that day. It’s unclear if that call was placed before or after she was last seen.

[...]

Her father, Joseph Coles, traveled to Chicago from Racine, Wisconsin, on Tuesday.

“If anybody knows anything, please call in, let us know,” he told . “We love her [and] we miss her.”

Pregnant U.S. Postal Worker Vanishes Outside Chicago Home | Herdon Gazette

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back