AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Completely agree. Gunshots heard at ~12:30 and the 911 call not until ~30 minutes later, where yelling can be heard in the background, makes me think they absolutely knew the killer, as did Jayme. Jayme was taken after that call, presumably, so she had to be there alive for those 30+ minutes. That’s seemingly abnormal if this had been a stranger as the killer.

What if both gunshots were to subdue the father. Then anything is on the table. We don't have CODs yet.

Actually, I agree and would assume this if someone was shooting on their own property. I know my uncle is a hunter and he does this because coyotes are really brazen in the area.

I would do this if i lived where active critters came around into yards often.

If the thoughts on the door being shot in are true, though, I would know it sounds different hitting something solid and splintering something.

However, not all people would think like this, especially if just woken up. On top of it, then, it seems as if there was no further suggestion to the neighbor it could have been anything else if the time of the shots and the call were almost 30 minutes apart.
I feel that a law should be established to where all rural folks that plan on shooting that day or night on said property needs to let LE know. Or at least have a community scanner that announces your plans to shoot racoons or bears that night. Jmo.

Because I don't like the sound of gun toters from anywhere having carte blanche to just be drinking and shooting guns. Jmo

Not if they were being held at gunpoint to get information out of them.

How do we explain no one noticing the killer missing if they knew the killer?
In the cases where the killer/abductor is known to the family the identity is figured out and released quickly.
It's only the stranger cases where it drags on because they don't know who did it.

I really don't understand how someone that is connected to the family, at all could be getting under the radar right now.

They couldn’t have been being held at gunpoint for information if they were shot at 12:30 and the 911 call was at 1. They would have already been shot, unless there were additional shots that the neighbor didn’t hear.

Maybe they do have an idea of who did this, but not where they are. They could be afraid that releasing a name will get Jayme killed.

What if both gunshots were to subdue the father. Then anything is on the table. We don't have CODs yet.

Possibly. But the neighbors didn’t mention that. If they heard the first shots, they probably would have heard others. Police arrived pretty fast once the call came in. I live close to an outdoor shooting range/hunting area. I hear gunshots daily in the distance. When I hear something that sounds different than the normal pattern (closer, for example), I don’t get overly paranoid, but my interest in it heightens. If I heard it again within 30 minutes, I’d definitely take note.

That said, a different gun could have been used too I guess. One that’s not as loud

They couldn’t have been being held at gunpoint for information if they were shot at 12:30 and the 911 call was at 1. They would have already been shot, unless there were additional shots that the neighbor didn’t hear.

Maybe they do have an idea of who did this, but not where they are. They could be afraid that releasing a name will get Jayme killed.
But how do you know that "they" were shot at 12;30?
We do not have COD yet, there might be only one with gun shot wounds.

Those who live up in the area /know it, can you confirm it is normal to hear gunshots from hunting so close to a resident home?

This concept of the neighbor and their explanation is very strange to me, personally, from the distance of the neighbor house in the video with the reporter standing in front. For one, I live on a woodland reservation and hunting here, when in season, is specifically not allowed after sundown. You will be arrested immediately if they find you. And everyone will call the police, no matter how "used to it" they are.

I know that if gunshots were loud enough to wake me up at night where I am located I would be freaking the heck out and calling 911 immediately. Even moreso around ~1230am on Monday morning when most people have work in the morning I wouldn't be very chill that it ~just must be some hunters doing their thing~. I have been living here for 19 years and never once heard a gunshot pass 8pm, nevermind loud enough that would be from that distance between the neighbor's house and Jayme's place that I would be okay with dismissing at any time of the day.

Looking at the area on google map /earth, it looks plenty populated enough with housing that, if it were in MA (my state), they would not be allowed within a certain range in respect to residents...?

I am really wondering what the rules in WI are like for this. This neighbor's account doesn't sit right with me, but I know hunting laws and regulations vary state to state so was hoping to get a better idea.

I live about 2 hours South of Barron I used to live in a Rural community with a lot of wildlife. There was one time I had a wolf on my back deck with my patio door open! Another neighbor had livestock killed the same night DNR did confirm they were tracking them and we were.

After that it would be nothing to hear random gunshots going on at all hours of the night. It wasnt so much people were shooting at animals to hunt them it was more of a warning if wild animals were in the area to scare them off.

I lived in a subdivision and the houses were maybe 100 yards from one another. My immediate next door neighbor didnt own a gun so if it was dark and he had to get his dogs out he would light off an M80 but if I ever were to hear a gun I simply would have thought a relative was there and they had a gun and just would have continued on.

A local elsewhere said the county has a lot of issues with sex offenders. From what I saw, the offenders had local addresses, not at the jail.

Yes, I believe it was said that just about anything can get you put on the registry in Wisconsin. How many of the sex offenders were charged with sex offenses on female children 12-14 or so? That also had a history of burglary, assault or weapons charges? Those would be the ones that would be interesting.

Yes, I believe it was said that just about anything can get you put on the registry in Wisconsin. How many of the sex offenders were charged with sex offenses on female children 12-14 or so? That also had a history of burglary, assault or weapons charges? Those would be the ones that would be interesting.

It’s late here so I don’t want to deep dive into each, but of 26 that come up, a quick look shows 14 of them are crimes related to a child.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname