AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dogs were used to search the entire scene.
If JC was in the woods she would have been found by now. I don't want to say this, but if she wasn't alive, the dogs would have probably hit on that scent.
If she was hiding in there, she would have heard the activity of the officers by yesterday, if not earlier.
Someone's car has to be missing, for if she walked away, the dogs would most likely have picked up that scent. (or if the scenario is deadly, the car has been going thru a thorough cleaning by now)
Jayme are you injured? Or are you on the run?
Or both?
If you know where Jayme is, let someone know. 911 or 715-537-3106
This is accelerating way too fast.
Hoping and praying,
Chi
I don't know. The dogs missed Sherin Matthews being dead in that culvert near her home. I think it may matter if they are using search dogs vs cadaver dogs. She may have left alive but have been deceased shortly after.

But then they said she had not been abducted?

I'm losing focus... :eek:
I believe the Sheriff wouldn't say she was abducted because they don't have proof either way. If they knew she wasn't abducted I hope they would say so because they put anyone who sees her and tries to come up to her (thinking they are saving her) in danger. Actually I am surprised that they haven't said do not approach, call 911.

ETA: I am surprised that law enforcement has not said to call 911 and not approach if seen because regardless of what the situation is with her there is danger to her and anyone that approaches her - especially if someone is with her. Someone has already killed two people, let's not make it three or more.

Last edited:
Due to the sheriff not saying they are calling this an abduction, on the previous thread some posters suggested that maybe Jayme just ran away. However, IMO the sheriff has said the exact opposite of that being the situation and been pretty clear she is not a runaway:

Investigators said Closs is not a runaway and is believed to be in danger. Authorities have been searching for her since deputies responding to a 911 call early Monday found her parents , James and Denise Closs, dead in their home in Barron, a rural western Wisconsin community about 80 miles (130 kilometers) northeast of Minneapolis.
Fitzgerald said investigators don't consider Jayme a suspect in her parents' deaths, and he dismissed a tip placing Jayme's whereabouts in Miami as "not credible." He declined to elaborate as to why investigators believe she didn't run away from home, saying that disclosing more information would compromise their investigation.

"I'm telling you, Jayme is missing and endangered," Fitzgerald said.
Amber Alert: Vigil held for missing Wisconsin teen Jayme Closs

They also previously gave a list of things to look out for in suspect behavior changes:
As the search continues, Fitzgerald on Tuesday urged the public to take notice if someone they know engages in suspicious behavior, like altering their routines or changing their appearance.

"Every second counts in this case. When a child like Jayme is missing we ask you to observe this behavior and report it to us," he said.
Amber Alert for 13-year-old Wisconsin girl after parents found dead

To me these things indicate they believe another person is responsible for Jayme's disappearance and her parent's murder. Perhaps they are not calling this an abduction because they have no credible information that she is still alive or that she left the house alive? I have no doubt she is in danger. I don't believe she left of her own free will. MOO.

I lived about 30 miles from Barron for 8 years . I imagine the Barron school district operated the same as ours . From about 3rd grade thru 5th , the school sponsored sports teams in basketball, volleyball etc . The games were played on Saturday and would last all day , like a mini tournament . Each school hosting the games at least one Saturday during the season . Because of how small the communities are in rural Wisconsin and the distant between communities, you would travel an hour sometimes two hours away for the games . The parents were responsible for transportation . When my kids reached Middle School , there were still the travel teams and depending on the sport , sometimes there was also a school team sort of like a couple steps down from a junior varsity team. For quite a few years there was a late bus that ran for all the students participating in after school practice . The last couple years we lived there , due to budget cuts , the late bus was restricted to high school after school students .
This area of Wisconsin was the most family oriented community I have lived in and I have lived in 4 different states due to my DH being former military . At these travel games there would always be the parents that could attend plus grandparents , cousins, aunts and uncles .

And everyone knew everyone else's business in the town. My inlaws conversations would go something like this .. you know Beth that was married to Tom , his parents owned the farm on County hwy A . His mom was Sara , her parents were ...etc etc etc. I never knew who they were talking about . I also worked in town for awhile at a florist shop..and the owner/florist also did the makeup for one of the funeral homes in town. That florist shop was the gossip center of the town and the person providing the most info was the mail person for business area and homes near the post office . She knew everyone's business . I didn't know many of the people there but I if I heard their name , I already knew if they had had an affair, money problems , etc from what I heard at the florist shop .

As much as they gossiped , everyone looked out for everyone else . In this day and age , You would not believe the number of 1st and 2nd graders that would walk several blocks ( some over 10 blocks ) home from school alone . I was always amazed at how safe everyone felt here .

If it wasn't for how long and cold the winters were , I would still be living there .

Cleaning up the small kitchen of my friend who fell and suffered a head wound last night....the head bleeds so very much when there is an injury. (he is fine, monitoring for concussion)
I can only imagine the scene at the Closs home.
Dangit sometimes I wonder why we torture ourselves with these cases, but then I remember we are looking for any clues.
At the moment, they are so scarce that its difficult not to let my mind wander, which it has been doing since this happened.
Chi

If the phone is disabled/off, it would be a little hard to ping.
True. In the heat of the moment I imagine that would be one of the last things on the mind of whomever took her, though, as they'd have to switch the phone in `airplane' mode, turn off wireless, and, with some phones, remove the battery. If they did do all of these things, then law enforcement would be able to get the last location that hit off of the towers before the phone stopped communicating.

I believe the Sheriff wouldn't say she was abducted because they don't have proof either way. If they knew she wasn't abducted I hope they would say so because they put anyone who sees her and tries to come up to her (thinking they are saving her) in danger. Actually I am surprised that they haven't said do not approach, call 911.

My point was that saying abducted and taken at gun point sound like the same thing to me. So LE saying she wasn't abducted, but was taken at gun point completely threw me off.

But then they said she had not been abducted?

I'm losing focus... :eek:
Perhaps not abducted in the sense that she went willingly. She's at that age where she would be impressionable, receptive to someone stroking her imagination for a life where she could be better understood than what her parents offer. It was mentioned upthread that a family member or a friend said that she had big ambitions. Perhaps she communicated these with someone (online) somewhere and they promised her the moon and the stars, while having completely different motivation themselves.
I'm not suggesting she was not happy at home or that her parents were mean or abusive to her. But when a young girl reaches teenagehood (puberty), they change. Personality included. And often feel they are big time misunderstood by grownups and parents.
And likely if this is what happened and this person showed up to "rescue" her, she did not expect the outcome and the violence. All speculative, my opinion and reaching for an explanation that doesn't involve romance or abduction. JMO

My point was that saying abducted and taken at gun point sound like the same thing to me. So LE saying she wasn't abducted, but was taken at gun point completely through me off.
It simply means they don't have evidence either way. You can't just assume that she was taken against her will. There may be no signs of a struggle involving Jayme, maybe her purse was taken or some other personal things. Who knows?

Finally caught up on the entire thread. Since it was that late at night, can we assume that she was already in her PJ's and would be wearing that or do you think they would have had her change? Wonder if there was proof in her room shoing her clothes being changed or if her bed was slept in yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa