IL IL - Kierra Coles, 27, pregnant, Chicago, 2 Oct 2018

I was wondering why she was in her work uniform, yet called in sick? Why would anyone do that? I can’t think of any reasons. Why is it that cameras always get the moments BEFORE someone goes missing!
Cos if they are still on camera they aint yet missing. <modsnip - rude>

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, so she was seen on surveillance the morning of the 3rd, but is being reported as missing on the 2nd? So, CPD, isn't even reporting the date correctly?? And she phoned into work on the 3rd calling off?

The biggest obvious here, besides the bf, what number did she call in sick from? Was it her phone that was left in the car?

For all we know, her personal belongings could have been put back into her car after that am video surveillance. LE should ping her phone anyway to determine where it was as on the 3rd. Was it in her car all day? Or did it grow legs and was elsewhere all day?

Did the boyfriend show up for work on the day she disappeared?

A U.S. Post Office spokesperson said Coles called in sick that day. Coles’ sister, Kimberly Phillips told WGN-TV it was strange to see her Snapchat untouched, because the app was used daily.

Two days earlier, a friend of Coles, called Keara Johnson, appealed for help on Facebook.

“I need everyone with a heart…any friends any family, everyone that knows me or Kierra, even if you don’t know her, pray for a safe return. Share this post let it get around. If anybody [has any] information contact police contact me family anyone just let us know she’s OK,” she wrote.

Who is Kierra Coles? Pregnant U.S. postal worker now missing for two weeks, $25,000 reward issued

<modsnip - removed reference to friend's FB page>

I don’t know what to think ....

Ok, so she was seen on surveillance the morning of the 3rd, but is being reported as missing on the 2nd? So, CPD, isn't even reporting the date correctly?? And she phoned into work on the 3rd calling off?

The biggest obvious here, besides the bf, what number did she call in sick from? Was it her phone that was left in the car?

For all we know, her personal belongings could have been put back into her car after that am video surveillance. LE should ping her phone anyway to determine where it was as on the 3rd. Was it in her car all day? Or did it grow legs and was elsewhere all day?

<modsnip - only Kierra's FB may be sleuthed>

So he may was at work himself since moms is now mentioning other possibles about her daughters behavior lately. Idk

Reminders:

Do not link to or mention the social media of anyone except Kierra. Her boyfriend has not been publicly named in MSM as far as I know. If he has, please link the source. His social media may not be linked here or discussed unless and until he is name a POI or suspect.

Also, Kierra's friends' quotes in MSM may be discussed, but please do not mention that you have located any social media of Kierra's friends. Sleuth on your own all you wish, but don't bring it here.

Thank you!

What a beautiful young woman. I pray she and her baby are safe.

I am catching up and have not come across anything that mentions she has roommates or lives with someone etc? Has this been mentioned in MSM? Again, still reading. TIA

Full video at this link $28.5K Reward Offered for Info on Missing Mail Carrier

EDIT: I'm stumped on where she was last seen none of the buildings to my eye on Streetview resemble those on the CCTV. Can any Chicagoans offer any light? I'm looking specifically for the concrete flower pots on the left hand side of the CCTV. I couldn't access her address on that search site either

Last edited:
Since she was last seen with her uniform on then a possible abduction of one of their employees in uniform should be taken seriously just like a off duty cop in uniform. Jmo
The Office of the Inspector General for the USPS states the type of investigations they do. Crimes AGAINST employees, on or off duty, aren't listed. I think the local USPS is assisting with the search and flyers and reward but I do not think there has been anything by the formal investigative branch of the USPS, only local USPS employees/managers and LE. But the more that can get involved the better!

What a beautiful young woman. I pray she and her baby are safe.

I am catching up and have not come across anything that mentions she has roommates or lives with someone etc? Has this been mentioned in MSM? Again, still reading. TIA

Her mom was interviewed on a radio program and said Kierra lives alone in her own apartment.

Her mom reported her missing on the fourth. She was last seen in person on the second, and the surveillance video is from the third, the day she is assumed to have gone missing. She apparently called in sick, but was in uniform when she is seen walking to her car. That's what I got from the articles and interviews. In the radio interview, the mom said she would have called in the night before. I'm wondering if it was really her that made the call. It seemed like she had every intention to go to work. Her lunch was found in her car, along with her phone and purse. I'm still wondering why her keys and wallet were found in her apartment. Nothing makes sense. Why hasn't the father of the baby been interviewed? Jmo

I'm confused as to which car is hers that she walks by. I've watched 2 video's the most recent one above references a car that is hers but I don't see it in the video of her walking by it. Is her car on the opposite side of the street or on the side where she was walking on the sidewalk.

It looks like she is carrying a backpack yet they said her purse/phone were in her car. I highly doubt she left that stuff in her car overnight, had she gone somewhere earlier then went to her appt to change or did she make 2 trips to her car? Could someone have dropped her belongings in her car after she went missing? I wonder if there is video of earlier and later. I know we probably don't know these answers, I'm just trying to wrap my head around this. All of this is IMO

Since she was last seen with her uniform on then a possible abduction of one of their employees in uniform should be taken seriously just like a off duty cop in uniform. Jmo

I retired from the postal service 3 years ago and I would think that postal inspectors would be involved in trying to find her. I was a union steward and saw them question people about things done on and off the clock.

I may have missed it but does anyone know what time the video was? What time she left for work? What time she was supposed to be in work?

Her mom said she called in sick the night before. I know if I was calling in sick it was an 800 number and recording that I had to enter my ID # in and the info by keypad. You did not speak to a live person. Did someone else do it? Why was she in uniform?

I'm hoping she is safe and will be found soon.

I'm confused as to which car is hers that she walks by. I've watched 2 video's the most recent one above references a car that is hers but I don't see it in the video of her walking by it. Is her car on the opposite side of the street or on the side where she was walking on the sidewalk.

It looks like she is carrying a backpack yet they said her purse/phone were in her car. I highly doubt she left that stuff in her car overnight, had she gone somewhere earlier then went to her appt to change or did she make 2 trips to her car? Could someone have dropped her belongings in her car after she went missing? I wonder if there is video of earlier and later. I know we probably don't know these answers, I'm just trying to wrap my head around this. All of this is IMO
BBM I just had the same thought articles say walks up to the car She drives a Mitsubishi reg ABZ 0437

Vid at link this video also shows her family on 81st and Vernon which the video also says is where she lives

jDv4tYZ.png

I retired from the postal service 3 years ago and I would think that postal inspectors would be involved in trying to find her. I was a union steward and saw them question people about things done on and off the clock.

I may have missed it but does anyone know what time the video was? What time she left for work? What time she was supposed to be in work?

Her mom said she called in sick the night before. I know if I was calling in sick it was an 800 number and recording that I had to enter my ID # in and the info by keypad. You did not speak to a live person. Did someone else do it? Why was she in uniform?

I'm hoping she is safe and will be found soon.
I love all union stewards that make it their obligation to protect us little guys. Thank you.

Now imo. I think someone else called in. Because lets say she was a cop and called off the night before. Then why wear the uniform in the morning?

Even if she was doing something illegal at the job and felt the hammer was about to come down. She still wouldn't be walking around with her uniform on while heading out on her sick day off.

Because everyone would notice a postal worker not working during postal hours during the day and would have alerted LE for this new reward.

So imo. Something is wrong here.

I love all union stewards that make it their obligation to protect us little guys. Thank you.

Now imo. I think someone else called in. Because lets say she was a cop and called off the night before. Then why wear the uniform in the morning?

Even if she was doing something illegal at the job and felt the hammer was about to come down. She still wouldn't be walking around with her uniform on while heading out on her sick day off.

Because everyone would notice a postal worker not working during postal hours during the day and would have alerted LE for this new reward.

So imo. Something is wrong here.

bbm I read in this thread that she called in sick a few days previously. Has anyone got a link for that?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back