MS - Royalty Marie Floyd, 20 months, stabbed, found burned in oven, Shaw, 15 Oct 2018 *ARREST*

A grandmother is being held in connection with the infant's death. The grandmother's name is not being released because no formal charges have been filed at this time.

The infant has been identified as a 20-month-old girl. The girl's identity is not being released at this time.

UPDATE: Grandmother in custody for infant's death

We read about so many horrible things here every day, but this one is absolutely disgusting and cruel....:(

This is just disgusting.
The poor innocent child.
Finding the body in the oven, will cause nightmares forever.
Surely, there must have been signs of dementia, and therefore not to leave the child, with this 'person' (cannot state a grandmother, as too shocking).

The classic fable of Hansel and Gretel comes to mind - the oven and the witch. This was a horrific and archetypal death. It triggers our subconsciousnesses to recoil, yet our active minds lead us forward to observe the agony.

48-year-old Carolyn Jones was charged with first-degree murder in the death of Royalty Marie Floyd in the town of Shaw.

Murder charge for grandmother after toddler found in oven

17741553_G.png

Jones made an initial appearance Tuesday evening before a judge, who set bail at $500,000.

Floyd lived with Jones while Floyd’s mother lived elsewhere.

Jones’ brother found the body Monday night and called police.

Toddler stabbed, found burned in oven; grandmother charged with first-degree murder

Before people comment that the grandmother may have alzheimers/dementia, please don't forget that all grandmothers are not old. She could be anywhere from 30-100. Mental illness I can agree might be what she has, but I am not so quick to jump to alz/dementia. MOO

I can't imagine the horror that baby suffered and the nightmares the family member who found her will have forever. RIP poor baby. Peace and much sympathy to the family.

Ohmygoddddddd. I can't stand people!!!!

She was so gorgeous. So gorgeous. Big bright eyes. <3 <3

Did I miss something? Why did the grandmother have her?

I hope more comes out about this. Had she shown signs of not being able to handle the baby? What's the reason she did it? Good grief. Not that any reason is good enough.

IMO, she's too young for dementia/alzheimers. So I'm throwing that excuse out the window, personally.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back